logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: snake
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-01-05 19:14
That's What Brothers Do - Derekica Snake
I loved this book I was pulled into it from the first page I read.

This story was dark, intense, violent and a total emotional rollcoaster.

I loved Brant he was a martyr, he kept sacrificing himself for those he loved and every time there was a glimpse of hope for him to be fee it get crashed in the next, your heart goes out to him and you could feel all his anguish and sorrows, I loved his connection with Wilber and maybe it wasn't completely right but I loved it and how Brant finally had someone to belong to .

Overall this book was a great and an enjoyable read and the writing was amazing and the author knows how to pull into a story that will remain with you even after you finish the book.
review 2017-10-05 00:12
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Sssssecrets
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J.K. Rowling,Mary GrandPré

I initially read this book to my son when it first came out.  I think he was 5.  That was a really long time ago and I couldn´t remember the story so I decided to read it again.  I am surprised at how much I had forgotten.  I love Dobbie, the house elf and how he would do something bad and then punish himself by banging his head into the wall or shutting his ears into the oven. Poor Dobbie.  I loved the flying car and how the boys stole it when they couldn´t get on the train to get to the school.  Harry and Ron narrowly escaped expulsion from school and were warned not to get into any more trouble.  Then, Harry starts hearing this strange voice that no one else can hear saying, ¨kill....kill......¨  He follows the voice and finds Mrs. Norris, a cat that roams the halls of the school petrified over words painted on the wall saying that the Chamber of Secrets has been opened and warning that all muggle born would be killed.  Of course, Harry, Ron, and Hermione are going to try to figure out what is going on for themselves since the staff at the school don´t seem to be able to.

I enjoyed reading this book again but it made me sad thinking about my cute little boy that is now not so cute and a lot more hairy.

review 2017-07-17 03:37
Don't Cry Now
Don't Cry Now - Joy Fielding

It was so hard for me to get into this book because the last couple books I read (different series/author) were so good and this one just wasn't the same level of writing. I've had this book sitting around for so long I was just determined to read it and pass it along.

The story itself wasn't bad but the main character seemed to do a lot of dumb things. I found this especially irritating given that she is a teacher and supposedly a very good one who cares about her students. Many things that happened in the book were not very realistic to me - like the police looking through the dead woman's room with the supposed prime suspects there too and touching everything. There were parts later on in the book that I liked though. I'm glad I read it but it doesn't make me want to read more by this author.

review 2017-01-11 20:00
Snake In The Glass
Snake in the Glass - Seanan McGuire

Snake in the Glass returns to a familiar setting for those who have been following the short stories that have been published on Seanan McGuire's web site and which can be all found there for free.

I liked the Chicago hotel when I first read about it, and liked it again this time. Now, I'm not an expert in American geography but it doesn't seem to me that via New Orleans and Chicago is the easiest route from New York to Portland.

review 2016-11-11 07:24
Snazzy Snake Unit 1 Storybook (Read Well) - Sopris West

Grade k

Snazzy Snake is a good book to teach decoding lesson. The book has questions throughout the book to promote retelling the story. There is also a teacher’s guide to show different lessons to teach throughout the book.