logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: spicy-romance
Load new posts () and activity
show activity (+)
review 2015-07-17 18:48
You know sometimes you find, if not a gem, a nice rock
Jingle my Bells: a short & spicy paranormal romance (Santa's Hunky Helpers) - Meg Cooper

This is actually quite funny and tongue in cheek.  It's even cute in the right way.  Nice use of detail.  Maybe a tad too much info dumping and a whole shaven cliche.  But still good.  Cooper makes her heroine's reactions believable, and the heroine is not stupid and seems good at her job.

review 2014-10-20 17:59
Tempted by a Latin Lover

Mia is taking a much needed break from her mundane life as a Washington political journalist. She has not had a romantic love interest since being jilted at the altar three years before, something she never got over. Her vacation to Cancun, Mexico is suppose to be one of idle relaxation. That is until she gets a mysterious note on the door to her villa inviting her to the room of a gorgeous Latin man. Will this mysterious man change Mia's life forever?

Read Tempted by a Latin Lover

review 2013-12-16 00:00
Head Over Wheels: Spicy Young Romance
Head Over Wheels: Spicy Young Romance - January Valentine This was a thoroughly enjoying read. Just enough action, adventure, romance, and spice. Another book from January Valentine that I can highly recommend!
show activity (+)
review 2013-11-12 19:58
ARC Review: Melting Ms Frost by Kat Black
Melting Ms Frost - Kat Black

3.5 stars. Melting Ms Frost is a spicy contemporary romance set in London. It explores a lite dom-sub relationship between Aiden, a mysterious and handsome Irish bar tender, and his boss Annabel Frost, the cold, stiff and proper manager of the chic restaurant.

Aiden is a talker: a smooth talker, a sweet talker, and most assuredly a dirty talker. While Annabel would never fraternize with the help, she is drawn to Aiden's shocking flirtatious advances as he pushes well beyond the boundaries of appropriate in a work place. She denies her attraction and sets out to avoid him, but he can read her like a book and persists through her resistance to eventually make her his.

I should probably mention that I could count the number of BDSM themed romances I have read on one hand, and still have a few fingers left. It is normally not my cuppa, and while I enjoyed this book I still don't think it's my cuppa.

Aiden only wants a dom-sub relationship with Annabel, but to have that way he will need to make her see how she is attracted to that lifestyle. When the relationship finally heats up, the game of dom-sub means she must surrender control to Aiden if she is to receive 'satisfaction'.

I instantly liked Aiden, and loved the way he would go about shocking Annabel with his naughty whispers of desire. Annabel, being the cold and stiff person she is, was much harder to like at first. But the cat and mouse games between them was fun to watch, and slowly we began to see a likable side to Annabel as well.

The story is heavily focused on the sexual relationship between Aiden and Annabel, but I hesitate to call this one an 'erotica' novel. It is a spicy read with light-erotica moments, but it spends more time on the sexual tension build up and not so much on the bedroom scenes. (If you are looking for hardcore erotica or hardcore BDSM, this isn't that book.)