logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: spoiler-review
Load new posts () and activity
show activity (+)
review SPOILER ALERT! 2018-05-04 23:00
Fangirl
Fangirl by Rowell, Rainbow (2014) Paperback - Rainbow Rowell

Spoiler Alert: Fanfics are more important than living her life, boys aren't her strongest point and she misses her sister Wren too much.

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell is a book about a girl named Cath, she has a twin sister named Wren. They both have just started their first year at university (college). Their dad isn't stable while he's alone. Cath struggles when it comes to being social, she would rather spend her time writing up her fanfic which she is known for online. Her dream of getting her twin sister as a roommate gets flushed down the toilet. Her roommate introduces her to Levi which she ends up having an awkward romance with.

This book was like any other YA Contemporary book. It involved a main character that was possibly alone, not enjoying their life that much and need someone they could turn to. With Cathy missing her sister Wren, the person she turned to was her love interest Levi which by the way he was described sounded amazing. Maybe one day I'll have my own Levi.

I really enjoyed this book because I felt like I could relate to this character, being awkward when it comes to the opposite gender, wanting to put all of my effort into the fictional world. This ended up being an easy read for me!

-Sarah

show activity (+)
review SPOILER ALERT! 2018-04-30 02:32
The Dangerous Art of Blending in
The Dangerous Art of Blending In - Angelo Surmelis

SPOILER ALERT: Watch out for the mother, beliefs are more important than family.

The Dangerous Art of Blending in is a book that's about a young boy that struggles to blend in when it comes to his family. His mother has strong beliefs that to her are more important than the love for her own child. The father doesn't know how to stand up for himself and when things start to go wrong with his son and wife, he finally starts to protect his son, because if he didn't then his son would be dead.

I know some people don't like this book. I on the other and loved it to pieces. This book was very well written and it didn't sugar coat the way some families can be when it comes to what some people have grown up with, their sexual orientation, and family violence. I think this book is important because it spreads the need to show some light on topics that aren't talked about enough.

I highly recommend this book to everyone, I would even recommend it to my cat.

-Sarah.

review SPOILER ALERT! 2014-02-11 14:30
The Best of Me - Nicholas Sparks The Best of Me - Nicholas Sparks

Ok, let’s do this, and btw I will spoiler the hell out of this review, so if you’re not looking for that, you better click away right now..

For real.. right now..
For the longest time I’ve had about a million Nicholas Sparks books on my Kindle, without ever starting one, and now I know why, because seriously dude, what the fuck?

There were so many things in this book that I hate. So. Many. I mean, if you’ve read any of my other reviews where there is a cheating wife/husband (hello, first spoiler) then you’ll know how much I fucking hate that shit. Cheating? It’s bad, we can all agree on that right? And yes you can normally read my slight hatred of that in reviews where cheating in a general subject. But the hatred goes to another level, (keep reading and you’ll see what I mean) when the cheating wife/husband is the main character, the person you’re supposed to ‘connect’ with, the character you’re supposed to actually ‘like’ and fuck no, Nicholas Sparks, I don’t fucking want to read about a cheating wife having sex with her long lost childhood sweetheart (hello, spoiler 2) while her son is fighting for his life after a car accident (hello, spoiler 3)! I mean, WTF dude?

I hope the sex was good and worth it!

I fucking hate storylines like this. Hate, hate, hate! Because the person I feel for is not the goddamn cheating wife, no it’s the husband who’s had to live with being fucking 2nd in line, knowing that his wife is fucking in love with her first freaking teenage love, and seriously, what the fuck? Why not write the story from the husbands POV? Let’s see his side instead of the fucking cheating wife, he’s the one I feel bad for, not the cheater, and omg, can you tell how much I hate cheating?

And then the ending.. Omg.. I have no words for how un-fucking-fair that is to the husband! You give the heart of the wife’s teenage love, the one she CHEATED with, to her son who needs a heart transplant (hello, spoiler4)?!? Are. You. Fucking. Kidding. Me. Right. Now.

For the rest of his life, the husband has to go through life, with his wife having, not only old fucking love letters, she takes out when she misses her TEENAGE LOVE, too much, but she also has her TEENAGE LOVE’s heart inside her son, giving her son life?? The son she made with her HUSBAND??

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME WITH UNFAIRNESS RIGHT NOW?!

And then you might say, “but this is how the world works, Milla, this is what happens in real life” and to you I’ll politely say: “Fuck. You.” If I wanted to read about “real life” I would read my goddamn diary and not a fictional book, ok?

1 star.