logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: susan-mac-nicol
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-07-03 15:12
a lotta LURVE in this book, folks!
Death By C*ck (Fetish Alley #2) - Susan Mac Nicol
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book. This is book two in the Fetish Alley series, but it's not necessary to have read book one, For Fox Sake. Not necessary, but I would recommend you do read it, if only to get a better picture of Tate and Clay, and of the other characters who pop up here again. And you know, since I'm recommending, you should also probably read Feat Of Clay, from the Men of London series, cos that will give you a FAR bigger picture of Tate and Clay and how they work as a couple. When a young taxidermist is found dead in his place of work, the police call in Tate and Clay to help with the locals, since the police seem to be hitting a wall with the residents of Fetish Alley, and Tate and Clay are almost family to Relio, who runs the Alley. Can they figure out who killed the young man, and who is behind the spate of protection racket visits the Alley residents have had? So, like I said, book two. And an excellent follow up it is too! I think I enjoyed this one more than book one, as well. Here's why. I got whodunnit very quickly, and why they-dunnit too, so it was fun watching that unravel and turn out just as I thought. So, once that was established, I sorta glanced over those bits and settled on the more important parts of this book: that of Tate and Clay, and the way each of them, independently of each other, thought about things they wanted to change. It's gonna be kinda vague, cos spoilers and all that, but bear with me! One of the two had asked the other, a long time ago, to marry him. And I expected THAT person to ask again, but its the OTHER that does, and in such a way, you felt it, deep in your heart! It's not a well thought out, planned long declaration of love, though. It's a rushed, heartfelt deeply emotional proposal, done in a way that is so very THEM, and I bloody loved it! OH! And, I noticed, in both For Fox Sake, and Feat of Clay, that these guys are not ones for professing their love. Don't get me wrong, Tate and Clay adore the ground the other walks on and would KILL for the other, but they don't say those three little words. And they do here, and again, its just dropped in, as they do, with one of them nodding off. And bloody hell if it didn't make me cry! Although this is set in Fetish Alley, there is very little actual kink, almost none, really. Tate and Clay do some shopping and that's about as kinky as it gets. Oh, there is heat, so much heat and sexy time between Tate and Clay, and some we get shut down on, but the KINK? not so much. Relio and Tomas play a part, and we still have not very much idea with what's going on with those two, but clearly, something is. I can't wait to find out what! A thoroughly enjoyable way to spend the afternoon! 5 stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**

review 2019-03-07 13:47
fantastic start to a new series!
For Fox Sake (Fetish Alley #1) - Susan Mac Nicol
I was gifted my copy of this book direct from the author, that I write a review was not required. We met Tate and Clay properly in their book, Feat of Clay, in the Men of London series. This is the first in their own spin off series. It would probably help for you to read that book before this one. It will give you a better understanding of what both Tate and Clay went through before this book. That book for me is a brilliant 5 star read. As is this one! Granted, this is a much lighter read, with some very funny laugh out loud moments, particularly between Tate and the club owner, Relio. The fact that he is Clay's ex brings out the green eyed monster in Tate and he knows it, but he can't help himself! The dead customer of Relio's club is why he called Clay, along with Tate, to partake of their investigations business. Clearly, the people involved were hiding something, they just need to figure out what. Enter, if you will, Fetish Alley. Relio's club is at the end of the alley that caters to all things fetish. Some you'll have heard of, some not. A collection of shops selling all manner of naughty things await those who enter. But there is still a possible murder to solve, and Tate and Clay need to get to the bottom of it. I loved the little one or two liners at the beginning of each chapter, which look like text messages between Tate and Clay. They proper made me chuckle! Loved the "old man" digs that Clay gets since he turns 40 during the course of the book. LOVED the pop up by Draven, Jax and Dare from the other books in the Men of London series. And I absolutely need more of Tomas and Relio! I've no idea what happened between them here, but clearly SOMETHING did. And THEIR book (please let them have their own book, PLEASE!) is gonna be fun! Considering where the book is set around, I didn't find it as explicit as some of Ms Mac Nicol's book but it IS sexy and hot. The fact that Tate and Clay are a well established couple makes a huge difference. Yes, there are sex scenes, but mostly you got shut down at the good bits! Loved that though! A fantastic new series, I look forward to following what happens next, both in the Alley, the club and with Tate and Clay. 5 stars, that are still speckled with paint! **same worded review will appear elsewhere**

review 2019-02-06 09:25
REVIEW BY MERISSA - For Fox Sake (Fetish Alley #1) by Susan Mac Nicol
For Fox Sake (Fetish Alley #1) - Susan Mac Nicol

Featuring a couple of characters from the Men of London series, For Fox Sake is the first book in the Fetish Alley series, which I am sure is going to provide me with lots of excellent reading.

Clay and Tate are happy together, and with their investigation business. When an old flame of Clay's calls him with details of a suspicious death that the police have ruled as natural, it opens up a whole new 'alley' for them.

The heat is high in this book - both in and out of the sheets. It was fantastic to hear references to the 'Unholy Trinity', and it made me want to reacquaint myself with them all over again. Clay and Tate are perfect for each other, even when they have issues. There is no lack of communication between them, which made this a delight to read.

There is mystery, wit aplenty, excellent characters, brilliant scene-setting - all wrapped up in Susan Mac Nicol's writing style. With no editing or grammatical errors that I noticed, this is a wonderful addition to Ms. Mac Nicol's repertoire, and definitely recommended by me.

* A copy of this book was provided to me with no requirements for a review. I voluntarily read this book, and the comments here are my honest opinion. *

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Source: archaeolibrarian.wixsite.com/website/single-post/2019/02/06/For-Fox-Sake-Fetish-Alley-1-by-Susan-Mac-Nicol
review 2018-05-03 02:02
Good read, instant love despite differences and danger.
Soul of Discretion - Susan Mac Nicol,M. Tasia

I loved the cockiness of Simon and the honesty of Nick. This is a quick-to-love story that kept me turning pages. The danger surrounding both helped push them together, but their pasts and presents threatened to keep them apart. This was an enjoyable read.

I received a copy of this story as a gift, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2018-05-02 08:55
VBT, REVIEW & #GIVEAWAY - Soul of Discretion by Susan Mac Nicol & M. Tasia
Soul of Discretion - Susan Mac Nicol,M. Tasia
Soul of Discretion is written by both Susan Mac Nicol and M. Tasia. Ms Mac Nicol's work I have read and enjoyed before, but I think Ms Tasia's work is new to me.

In a nutshell, this story is about a man finding out his friend has been stealing from him, so he goes to confront him. Things take a darker turn when his friend is murdered, and it looks like the mob is involved. On a lighter note, the one night stand turns out to be a repeat, and in the RCMP.

I really liked this story. It has enough twists and turns to keep the reader's attention, whilst not drowning in detail. The relationship between the two MCs moves fast, but it is only right it does so. They work very well together, complementing each other in nearly every aspect. There is a great supporting cast, with Peter and Steph being amongst my personal favourites.

With no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt my reading flow, this book was a delight from start to finish. Thoroughly enjoyable and definitely recommended by me.

* A copy of this book was provided to me with no requirements for a review. I voluntarily read this book, and the comments here are my honest opinion. *

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Source: archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2018/05/vbt-review-giveaway-soul-of-discretion.html