logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: suspense
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-03-24 04:15
About you
Hard Justice (Body Armor) - Lori Foster

This is the 2nd book in the Body Armor series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader enjoyment, unerstanding, & to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this series in order.

Justice is to guard Fallon as she attempts to feel more like a normal adult.  Her parents shelter her after a stressful loss.  Now she must learn to find her way in the world.

Fallon is trying to be a better adult.  She knows she must forge her way, but it is not until she meets Justice that she learns being a woman has more to it.  He is hotter than any other man in her life.  Could he ever want her?

This was a great addition to the series.  I loved their banter.  The pace & mystery in the story make it exciting and hard to put down.  Warning!  Hot men are inside!  I loved this and cannot wait for the next book in the series to come out.  I give this story a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

review 2017-03-23 16:21
Deep Deception by Cathy Pegau - My Thoughts
Deep Deception - Cathy Pegau

I've been looking for a good f/f romance to sink my teeth into, but you know what?  Most f/f romances by recced authors are out of my budget range!  I can't spent $13 on a 250 page romance novel.  I don't spend that for ANY novel if I'm honest.

Anyway, Cathy Pegau is a recommended author whose books don't cost an arm and a leg, so I've picked up a handful.  Deep Deception is the first one I've read.  It's a science fiction, suspense, romance and a good read.  It didn't satisfy my want for a good juicy romance, it's leaning more towards suspense/romance than romance/suspense if that makes any sense.  I should mention that Cathy's other 2 books in this setting of Nevarro appear to be loosely linked to this one - which is the 3rd one written - but every place I've checked confirms that the books can be read separately.

The main characters, Natalia and Gennie are interesting enough if a little sparsely drawn.  The story is told more from Natalia's POV, so she gets the lion share of introspection and backstory, but I found myself wanting to know more of Gennie's history.  Her childhood before she hooked up with the Reyes family for instance.

Somewhat formulaic but nonetheless enjoyable, I'm looking forward to reading the rest of Cathy's books in my TBR pile.

review 2017-03-23 15:55
REVIEW TOUR & #GIVEAWAY - Shift (Wolves of Hunters Rock #1) by Shelley Grayson
Shift - Shelley Grayson
Shift is the first book in the Wolves of Hunters Rock series, and introduces us to a pair of brothers, Lukas and Griffin. Now, they have both received anonymous letters on their car windshields and, upon investigation, they find dead bodies. These bodies smell mostly like Pack, but there is something else too, something wrong. Lukas is the first one who finds someone who isn't dead, although Chris sometimes wishes he was due to his panic attacks. With Griffin, Albert, Lukas, and Chris, the story really starts, and definitely gives you something to get your teeth into.

WOW! What a story! What an introduction! This book is so full of outstanding characters it is hard to say which one had the bigger spot in my heart! I loved all of them for different reasons, although I will say that I shed more than a tear or two for Tad (no spoilers).

This is more of a mystery romance, and I love it for that. Our two main males seem to understand quite easily that being on the road with two or more others isn't exactly the right time to take the attraction between them any further. So the tension is high, and the race is against the clock and the mysterious unknown.

The writing is excellent, with no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt the reading flow. The pace is smooth and full of tension in the right places. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and can't wait to read more of the Hunters Rock wolves. Just one thing... be careful of those B12 vitamins!!! Absolutely recommended!

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

, ,, , , , ,

Source: archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2017/03/review-tour-giveaway-shift-wolves-of.html
review 2017-03-23 15:43
Murder, history, and diamonds...oh my!
Big Jack - J.D. Robb

This was a bit of a departure from the normal Eve Dallas books and I really enjoyed it.  Loved the intrigue about the story that happened 50 years previously crossing over into Eve's world.

I haven't read the back story on this because I didn't realize that there actually was one until I was finished with this one, so I will definitely be going back and reading that.

Loved seeing Peabody get into her role as detective, even if she can't get her clothes right just yet. LOL, Eve having a fit about that was hilarious.

I really love this series and can't wait to continue.  I've listened to the whole thing on audio and Susan Ericksen has become my ear crack.  :)

review 2017-03-23 07:05
Release Week Blitz - Hard Justice

HARD JUSTICE - header banner

NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author Lori Foster returns with the second installment in her explosive new series featuring sexy bodyguards who’ll do anything to protect the ones they love.

HARD JUSTICE - cover

Grab your copy of HARD JUSTICE here!

Amazon Kindle Barnes & Noble * Nook Book Depository

GooglePlay *iBooksBAM * Kobo * IndieBound

About HARD JUSTICE:

Playing it safe has never felt so dangerous…

Justice Wallington knows how to harness his strength and intimidating size—skills he put to good use first in the MMA cage, and now as a bodyguard at the Body Armor agency. But no opponent has ever left him feeling as off balance as his new client, heiress Fallon Wade. Far from a spoiled princess, she’s sweet and intriguingly innocent. It’s a risk-free assignment, until he’s required to fake a relationship with her in order to blend in.

Sheltered from the world after a family tragedy, Fallon longs to experience life—going to bars, dancing, talking to strangers. Not easy with a huge, lethal-looking bodyguard shadowing her every move. Justice seems like her polar opposite, but pretending to be a couple stirs undeniable heat. And when danger strikes again, it’s not just her safety in jeopardy, but a passion that’s real, raw and absolutely against the rules…

UNDER PRESSURE - banner

And don’t miss the first book in the Body Armor Series!

Amazon * Kindle * Barnes & Noble * Nook * Book Depository

GooglePlay *iBooksBAM Kobo * IndieBound

Under Pressure (Body Armor, #1)Under Pressure by Lori Foster
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Leese meets his new charge under less than perfect circumstances. He can see why she needs protection. He just wants her to trust he will keep her safe. Even when it gets ugly.

Catalina has been surviving on her own, and does not feel she needs help. Those that are after her are beyond reach, so what is the point. Now, some hot time, that she could use. There is more to this than just security.

This book was an excellent start to a new series! I loved the characters. How strong the female lead is, how sassy. She knows what she wants. I am surprised the pages did not melt. The book is HOT! This author always gives us her best. I cannot wait to read the next book in the Body Armor series.

HARD JUSTICE - Now Available 1

RAFFLECOPTER GIVEAWAY:

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Lori Foster - Author photo

About Lori Foster:

LORI FOSTER is a New York Times, USA TODAY and Publishers Weekly bestselling author of more than 55 titles, beloved for her contemporary romance novels revolving around alpha males and the women they fall for. Lori has been a recipient of the prestigious RT Book Reviews Career Achievement Award for Series Romantic Fantasy, and for Contemporary Romance. For more about Lori, visit her website at LoriFoster.com, or check out these online locations where she interacts with readers: Facebook.com/LoriFoster, Twitter.com/LoriLFoster, Goodreads and Pinterest.com/lorilfoster. You can also sign up for her monthly newsletter at LoriFoster.com/Newsletter.

WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOODREADS | PINTEREST | YOUTUBE