logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: task-book
Load new posts () and activity
review 2013-09-03 00:00
A Taste of Liberty (Task Force 125 - Boo... A Taste of Liberty (Task Force 125 - Book 2) - Lisa Pietsch This was the first one of Ms Pietsch's Task Force 125 books that I read (free from Amazon UK). It clearly is a sequel but was easy enough to read as a stand-alone.

Task Force 125 is a Dark Ops team, based out of Las Vegas, operating in Europe. Sarah is the honey-pot that they use to obtain intel on/from various international lowlifes before the team eliminates them - permanently. Along with Sarah is a group of drop-dead gorgeous former military types (one is FBI, one a Recon Marine, one a SEAl etc).

What is refreshing about this series is that Sarah is a REALLY strong female character. In the first book she gunned down pirates (dressed in a bikini) whilst the rest of her team were pinned down without weapons, she also murdered two arms dealers in close physical quarters - one of whom she found very attractive and had been sleeping with for several weeks. She is a hard-drinking, smoking, swearing woman who speaks her mind and stands up for herself.

In this book Sarah is tasked with getting close to "Mr Big" in the arms dealing business and placing bugs to allow the team to identify his entire network before they wipe him out.
review 2013-09-03 00:00
Freedom's Promise (Task Force 125 - Book... Freedom's Promise (Task Force 125 - Book 3) - Lisa Pietsch Another great addiiton to the series.

Vince has been captured by Nikolai and Task Force 125 need to rescue him.

What I like about this series, aside from Sarah's character which is so refreshingly different, is that Ms Pietsch seems to really know her stuff. She bandies around makes of helicopters and guns easily - I know nothing about either but since Ms Pietsch is a USAF veteran I imagine she knows her stuff. Ms Pietsch is also clearly well-travelled and her familiarity with Europe and the Middle East (as well as Australia) shines through her writing - unlike some authors who "set" their books but know nothing about the countries they write about.

To sum it up - this is a book about grown-ups written by a grown-up and I loved it. Yes, it is light-hearted but none the worse for that.
review 2013-09-03 00:00

Vince has been captured by Nikolai and Task Force 125 need to rescue him.

review 2012-11-10 00:00
The Path to Freedom (Task Force 125 - Bo... The Path to Freedom (Task Force 125 - Book 1) - Lisa Pietsch Amazon Freebie 11/10/2012