logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: tax-return-help
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-11-18 12:22
Review of Return of the Jedi by James Kahn
Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi - George Lucas,Lawrence Kasdan,James Kahn

For basically just making a movie into a novel - this was an average read. It is tough to keep turning pages when you know literally every thing that is going to happen. If I hadn't watched the movie I am not sure all of the action scenes in this novel would have been exciting, but being able to perfectly envision the movie scenes made it work for me. Glad I got through these novelizations.

review 2019-10-13 05:14
5 Star Return
Shifter Planet: The Return - D.B. Reynolds

Rachel Fortier is a much sought-after expert and being hired by Earth Fleet’s most respected scientist to join a mission to the tightly closed planet Harp, it’s a dream come true…until she discovers what the real mission is. Shifter Aidan Devin is on patrol far from his clan when he sees a shuttlecraft landing where it definitely shouldn’t be and then he is captured and put in a cage with no one but help him escape. Drawn together by a hunger they can’t resist, and desperate to discover a traitor who’s willing to destroy their world and everything in it.

The Return to Shifter Planet is a trip that was definitely worth waiting for. Rachel and Aidan have some sizzling chemistry that readers can feel leaping from the pages but their relationship is hampered by secrets and the fact that they are unsure whether they can trust the other or not. Their spirited relationship not only has lots of emotions flowing from the pages but danger as well and a great dialogue that really fits the story and characters adding to the believability of the story.

This great story is fast paced with lots of suspense due to secrets, betrayals and surviving along with exhilarating adventure, danger and excitement including facing a multitude of dangerous creatures. The surprising twists and the thrills that never stop ensures that readers never experience a dull moment and they can’t possible put the book down.

review 2019-08-19 14:42
The Return of Zita the Spacegirl - Ben Hatke
For more reviews, check out my blog: Craft-Cycle

I love everything about this series. It is so amazing. The artwork, the writing, the adventure, the humor. But most of all, I love the characters. Along with all the old favorites (Strong Strong, Mouse, One) are completely new characters that are just as awesome and lovable (I'm looking at you Femur and Raggy) and immediately make a home in your heart.

Lovely, lovely book. At the end, there is also a brief rundown of the origins of the Zita the Spacegirl books, which is honestly one of the cutest things I have ever read. Who needs romance novels when you have adorable real life moments that spawn fantastic things like this very book series?

This is a great book for fans of graphic novels, young and old. It is all around a wonderful series. It's epic, it's heartwarming, and it's gorgeous. I am interested to see Zita team up with Mighty Jack and see where her adventures take her next.
review 2019-07-26 01:00
Review: Return to the Isle of the Lost by Melissa de la Cruz
Return to the Isle of the Lost - Melissa de la Cruz

Title: Return to the Isle of the Lost
Author: Melissa de la Cruz
Series: Descendants, 2
Format: ebook
Length: 505 pages (iPhone)
Rating: 4 stars

Synopsis: There's no place like home. Especially if home is the infamous Isle of the Lost. Mal, Evie, Carlos, and Jay haven't exactly turned their villainous noses up at the comforts of Auradon after spending their childhoods banished on the Isle. After all, meeting princes and starring on the Tourney team aren't nearly as terrible as Mal and her friends once thought they would be. But when they receive a mysterious invitation to return to the Isle, Mal, Evie, Carlos, and Jay can't help feeling comfortable in their old hood—and their old ways. Not everything is how they left it, though, and when they discover a dark mystery at the Ise's core, they'll have to combine all of their talents in order to save the kingdom.

Favourite character: Jay
Least favourite character: Maddy

Mini-review: I though this was fantastic. The author does such a good job of capturing each characters. I can't wait to see what she does for Uma, Gil and Harry Hook.

I liked how each of the four VKs got to be ore involved in the plot and how she incorporated the characters from the Wicked World series.

review 2019-07-20 22:51
The Return of Sherlock Holmes / Arthur Conan Doyle
The Return of Sherlock Holmes - Arthur Conan Doyle

Missing, presumed dead, for three years, Sherlock Holmes returns triumphantly to his dear companion Dr Watson. And not before time! London has never been in more need of his extraordinary services: a murderous individual with an air gun stalks the city.

Among thirteen further brilliant tales of mystery, detection and deduction, Sherlock Holmes investigates the problem of the Norwood Builder, deciphers the message of the Dancing Men, and cracks the case of the Six Napoleons.

***The Summer of Sherlock 2019***

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle may have been reluctant to raise Sherlock Holmes from the dead, but he certainly provided some entertaining stories after his sudden return.

I confess that I was quite chuffed when I had figured out what was going on in The Adventure of the Six Napoleons before the great detective was ready to reveal the motivation of the criminal. And I still have some nagging memories concerning The Adventure of Charles Augustus Milverton, as I am sure that I have previously encountered this plotline and I cannot remember where! Most likely in a more recent book in which someone has borrowed from the master, but I am being driven mad because I cannot recall the source.

I am so glad that Doyle brought Holmes back if only because we gotThe Adventure of the Dancing Men out of the deal. What an excellent story of code-breaking and villain-catching!

I hold the author to blame, however, for the idea that men should be cold, intellectual, and detached from society. I think that our society would be much better if more men aspired to be John Watson, rather than Sherlock Holmes!