logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: three-blind-dates
Load new posts () and activity
show activity (+)
review 2018-01-11 07:10
Review Tour- Three Blind Dates

We're celebrating the release of THREE BLIND DATES by Meghan Quinn! ONE-CLICK your copy TODAY!

PURCHASE HERE-->

Add it to your TBR--> http://bit.ly/2zY0Zuf

"Good Morning Malibu, it’s another beautiful day on the west coast! I'm Noely Clark, your host: and I'm in the market for love…”

When the publicity team of the new local restaurant, Going in Blind, began their search for a hot, local celebrity to promote the wildly popular eatery, they couldn’t have found a better person than me.

Outgoing? Check.
Single? Check.
Open to finding love? Check.

I signed up immediately.

A hopeless romantic with an exceedingly demanding schedule, I've found it impossible to find the man of my dreams—so Going in Blind seems too good to be true! That’s until they start setting me up on dates—three very different, very attractive, very distinct blind dates—and only one thing is for certain . . .

I’m in big trouble.

Good Morning Malibu,
I'm Noely Clark, and I have a choice to make.
The question is who will I choose; the suit, the rebel, or the jock.

EXCERPT:

NOELY

“Just state my name?”

“Yeah. Gives us a quick rundown on who you are, what you do, your interests, and what you’re looking for in a man.”

I nod and clear my throat. Sitting tall, my hands resting in my lap, I speak directly into the camera . . .

“Hi, I’m Noely Clark, and I’m one of your Good Morning, Malibu hosts. As you know, I’m single and in the market for love. As a twenty-seven-year-old woman who has had her fair share of rotten relationships, hookups, and dates, I want to try something new. I want to be thrust into a program where my celebrity status isn’t the first thing someone knows about me, where I can be known for who I am as a person rather than how I’m represented on TV.”

“And who is the person you want to be known for?”

Tilting my head to the side, I purse my lips, thinking of my answer. “Just a regular girl who loves Tom Hanks, would do just about anything adventurous, and would rather be seen eating nachos at a hockey game than enjoying a chardonnay during a classic night at the opera.”

“And what are you looking for in a man?”

Taking a deep breath, I look straight into the camera. “Someone who will cuddle on my couch and watch a classic romcom with me. Someone who will challenge me. Someone who is respectful and courteous to others but also has no qualms about shouting at an official while pounding on the glass at a hockey game. We don’t have to be a perfect match, because when is that really the case? But I want our match to be close with a little bit of wiggle room for some give and take, because what’s love without a little bit of compromise, without being able to adapt to your partner and love what they love? It’s the people in our life who mold us, and I’m far from being molded completely.”

Three Blind Dates (Dating by Numbers, #1)Three Blind Dates by Meghan Quinn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Noely has some ideas to jump start her personal life. While this seems to be a great plan, she has no idea her boss will get wind of it and make her life a TV spot. So she goes on three amazing dates.

There is the suit, Jack, who is just perfect for her. Then there is the rebel, Beck, who just makes her hot all over and wanting to take risks she would have never thought to. Last there is the jock, Hayden, who is so hot it almost scorches her eyes.

While I am not giving the book away, (you know I do not do spoilers) there is a certain element throughout the story that I absolutely adore - humor. This is a RomCom like no other. This book just ups the ante for romance writing and reading. This is a series I cannot wait to devour and I am looking forward to the rest of the books.

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review.

About the Author:

Author, wife, adoptive mother, and peanut butter lover. Will dance for laughs, won’t eat anything spicy because you asked, but will squeeze boobs in replace of a hug. Grew up in Southern California (Temecula, anyone? Anyone?) lived in New York (the armpit of NY, not the city) and now resides in Colorado with my wife, son, two dogs, three cats, and my multiple book boyfriends. Loves love, anything romantic, and will die if I ever meet Tom Hanks. Yay, books!

Find me on Goodreads:

Visit my website: http://authormeghanquinn.com/

show activity (+)
review 2018-01-03 05:43
Three times
Three Blind Dates (Dating by Numbers Series Book 1) - Meghan Quinn

Noely has some ideas to jump start her personal life.  While this seems to be a great plan, she has no idea her boss will get wind of it and make her life a TV spot.  So she goes on three amazing dates.

There is the suit, Jack, who is just perfect for her.  Then there is the rebel, Beck, who just makes her hot all over and wanting to take risks she would have never thought to.  Last there is the jock, Hayden, who is so hot it almost scorches her eyes.

While I am not giving the book away, (you know I do not do spoilers) there is a certain element throughout the story that I absolutely adore - humor.  This is a RomCom like no other.  This book just ups the ante for romance writing and reading.  This is a series I cannot wait to devour and I am looking forward to the rest of the books.  I give this story a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review.

review 2015-01-20 00:00
The Decade of Blind Dates
The Decade of Blind Dates - Richard Alther

DNF at 37%

image

Honestly, I unwillingly give the books with an average rating under 3,5 stars one star, particularly if I can't really blame a book, but because I probably doesn't belong to the target audience.

Trying very hard not to sound like a sexist, I'd say that this book can be more suitable interesting for gay men who had the same experience or who could at least better digest background information.
image

The Decade of Blind Dates tells us a story of an ex-husband and a farther of 2 kids who came out at the age of over 40. And now, being in a middle-crisis-age, good looking and nicely shaped-thanks to swimming a lot-and armed with approvals from his ex-wife and his children, he goes out in search of the right MAN. And as we all know, in the pre-Internet era everything happens via ads! Means-no gay dating sites+a smart phone. Means letters + telephone!
image

To tell the truth, as I picked up this book, I expected a lot of fun, poignant sarcasm, hot sex scenes, witty lines, freshness and cheekiness! In other words, I expected something like [b:Great Pleasures|22027599|Great Pleasures|Edward Southgate|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1409604104s/22027599.jpg|41175605], maybe only a bit older narrator with a bit more old-fashioned dating tools. Unfortunately my expectations were not met. Not a single likeable character, the dating encounters pretty unappealing, the narrator himself kinda boring - uninteresting and unsexy men exchanged letters, met, ate and f*cked. But after the MC decided to start an affair with a woman whereas everyone tried to convince him that he'd better not because he was supposed to be gay, I decided to stop.
image

There was nothing I could do against it, but I constantly compared The Decade of Blind Dates with Great Pleasures and I have to say that the comparison didn't tend to benefit of Richard Alther. What a pity for both of us!
image

P.S But what a nice evidence for [a:Edward Southgate|8133764|Edward Southgate|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1408927157p2/8133764.jpg]'s book in my eyes.

review 2013-11-24 00:51
Blind Dates Can Be Murder - Mindy Starns Clark

This was an interesting mystery.  It was a bit confusing at first with all the different stories and characters, but I really enjoyed the way all the stories were woven together in the end.  Definitely worth the read.

It's been a while since I read the previous installment, but the author did a great job catching readers up so there was no need to go back for a re-read before or during this episode.  The characters are friendly and welcoming, the kind of characters you want to spend time with and the find you really end up caring about.

In some ways it was a bit of a rush to the end, but not so much that it was disappointing or destroyed the build-up or the story.

review 2011-12-02 00:00
Blind Dates and Other Disasters - Ally B... Blind Dates and Other Disasters - Ally Blake Three stories by three different authors about blind dates and other dating disasters. Of course, I wanted to read this.The first book is by Ally Blake and it's about Holly Dennison turning to her friends Beth and Ben (the happily married couple) to fix her up with someone because she's on the husband hunt. Ben tries to fix her up with several different men from his work but there's only one person that beneath it all, Holly wants and that's Ben's boss, Jacob Lincoln.But Jacob isn't interested in getting married. He just wants to bang Holly and even though he lusts like crazy for her, he's not going to marry her and he knows the truth about Holly's dating adventure. But watching these two bicker their way to that happy ending was too cute for words. I thought it would get old after a few pages but it didn't. I enjoyed getting to know both Holly and Jacob. I thought they were perfect for each other and the way that they fought their attraction and seeing Holly come to realize that she was head over heels in love with Jacob made this story just so darned cute.My only complaint was that it was too short, I wanted more (from being the greedy wench that I am) Jacob but other than the shortness of the story, it was a fun way to spend a couple of hours. Kudos to Ally Blake. I'm so itching to read more from her.Grade: 4.5 out of 5The second story follows Charles Jacobs and Serena Dove as they make their way to their happy ending. I can't say that I was a total fan of this book because I just wasn't. The romance that blossomed between Jacob and Serena felt forced and I hated every time Serena begged Jacob for a little of his affections. You see, Jacob isn't the marrying kind. He's just not made that way and after he woos the heck out of Serena, he leaves and tells her that they need to cool things off since it was apparent that she was head over heels for him. He leaves and she tries to move on even though its hard.Even when Serena finally grows some balls and tells Jacob that she won't settle for less than it all, I felt like she had done enough begging that anything after that was tainted for me. I just wasn't comfortable with how needy Serena was in this story.Jacob was great at seducing women and he may have missed Serena when he went away to New York but he was much too wishy washy for me to truly and completely love him like I usually love heroes. He was a grown ass man and he was still letting his past run his life and usually an author can write that in a way that I would buy it and understand it but with Jacob, I just couldn't so of course, my enjoyment of the story suffered because of it. I got that he had issues from his past, he thought he was being noble but for the most part, I thought he was just being real stupid.Overall, this story wasn't the worst story but it was my least favorite of the three stories in this book. The characters were much to unbelievable and I couldn't bring myself to like them very much so, that's that.Grade: 2.75 out of 5The final story in this book tells the tale of how Annie and Theo find their happiness with each other. It starts off with Annie eager for her date with Damien, the guy that she's been getting to know through internet dating. They hit it off and on their first date, Damien stands her up and his uncle is the one that handles the embarrassing phone call letting Annie know that Damien will not be coming. After being stood up, Annie gets pretty trashed with her friends and together, they send Damien a piece of their mind via email and it is once again, Uncle Theo that responds to their email.Uncle Theo turns out to be a philosophy professor at the college that Annie's friend attends and he's hot stuff. All of the students love him and the women students want to bang him so that should tell you just how hot Professor Studly Uncle is. Uncle Theo feels bad because Annie came to town (she's from deep in the country) for a date and was disappointed when Damien didn't show up. He feels responsible for Damien and in turn, feels responsible for Annie. So he goes out of his way to make her feel comfortable and before he knows what's what, he's full blown attracted to the young woman and wants her for his own.Annie, on the other hand is just as attracted to Theo as he is to her and their relationship evolves into more than they thought possible.The story was a delightful story, it wasn't the best story that I've ever read but it was a delightful way to spend some time. Getting to know both Theo and Annie was good but the problems that they went through in this book were kind of unbelievable because the story was too short. The story wasn't allowed to develop as solidly as I would have liked because it was such a short story but I still enjoyed it.Theo was a great character, Annie was a great character but Damien's character (when he finally comes back into the picture) fell kind of flat as did Claudia's character. I think had this story been a tad longer, their characters would have been able to fully come together and make more sense but their additions to the story felt kind of rushed and so that was where my enjoyment of the story was just a bit tainted. All in all, the story was cute but that's it, just cute.Grade: 3 out of 5Overall, this book provided some great storylines and introduced some great characters. I just wish that I could have gotten more from two of the stories but all in all, it was a delightful treat. Enjoyable way to spend a few hours.Overall grade: 3.5 out of 5