logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: thriller
Load new posts () and activity
review 2021-01-02 23:33
EIGHT PERFECT MURDERS by Peter Swanson
Eight Perfect Murders - Peter Swanson

Wow! What a story. Malcolm Kershaw made a list of books in which he considered the perfect murders occurred. Now that list is coming back to haunt him.

I don't want to say much about this so I don't give anything away. This book grabbed me from the start and did not let go. The ending was wild and is Mal a reliable narrator or not?

review 2020-12-05 14:34
Nine, Ten, Never Sleep Again by Willow Rose
Nine, Ten ... Never sleep again - Willow Rose
Man, this author never fails to keep me turning page after page!!
This was such an intense read, and with so many side twists to it too. I couldn't get enough of it, to be honest. I literally devoured this story.
I think this is my favorite in the series so far. It was different, but in a good way. It still had all of the elements that I look for in a thriller/horror read. Had a wicked protagonist. Scared the pants off me. Had all of the gore you would expect from a mass murder story. It's the clever twists that Willow Rose puts in that make her a master at what she does!!
Okay, so there was one part, where this guy kills a chick for his reasons. Then he kills again and honestly, I had a groundhog moment. The chick wasn't killed in the same way but I got lost in who was being killed. It felt like the same chick for a minute.
But I digress....
Can't wait to read Eleven, Twelve, Dig and Delve. I just know it's gonna be epic.

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2020/12/nine-ten-never-sleep-again-by-willow.html
review 2020-12-02 21:59
The Man Who Was Thursday by G.K. Chesterton
The Man Who Was Thursday - G.K. Chesterton
The description calls this book a thriller.
I didn't get thriller from the story. Then again, I am not sure I even GOT the story.
It seemed like a giant metaphor. The guys were named after the days of the week. Sunday was basically the men of all men though. Thursday, our protagonist. also known as Syme, was an odd fellow. I think it was him that kept my interest and seeing what would happen to him next. He seemed to find trouble at every turn.
I didn't fully get the story but it was still enjoyable. Strange as that may seem. Won't be looking for more from this author any time soon though. I prefer more modern writing.

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2020/12/the-man-who-was-thursday-by-gk.html
review 2020-11-07 04:13
The War of Mankind - read it for entertainment, save if for future reference

As the subtitle suggests, The War of Mankind is A Dystopian Survival Thriller with copious amounts of well researched information on everything from food security to personal security. All this information is jammed into a story told by a young man as he experiences the apocalypse brought on by climate change, the results of which reactivates a recessive gene in human beings – a deadly one.

A crops fail and food becomes scarce, starvation is a reality, and not only in third world countries. Amongst all that junk DNA, there’s a sleeping gene that allowed us to consume raw meat, and it’s awakening.

The first indication that something dark and disturbing is going is the mutilation of the bodies of homeless people and others who die in parks. Their corpses appear to have been partially eaten. But as famine increases, soon it’s not only dead bodies that are being cannibalized, but also the vulnerable among the livin

g; children and the elderly.

The protagonist begins to realize there are a growing number of the population who prefer a diet of human flesh over anything else and they are on the increase. He can identify them by the subtle genetic modifications they undergo and, with the help of his father, takes steps to defend himself and escape to where pe

ople have more conventional dietary habits, at least for now.

But he has a problem. The beautiful, young woman he’s fallen in love with shows all the signs of being a cannibal, including her preference for the uncooked varieties of dog food.

Author Clark Wilkins uses a creative blend of actual media reports, pseudo-science and imagination to weave a convincing story about a gruesome end to the world as we know it. The plot unfolds realistically, and the response of the protagonist is just as pragmatic.

Characterization is minimal, and at times the plot is brought to a standstill with survival information such as how to operate a stove, home lights, and a hot water tank without electricity and details of other actual survival techniques including weapons.

However, considering the state of civilization, this information overload may turn out to be an asset to the reader rather than a liability.

Read "The War of Mankind: A Dystopian Survival Thriller" as entertainment, then save it for future reference.

review 2020-10-17 16:18
The Wrong Family by Tarry Fisher #EarlyReview
When I saw Tarryn had a new book coming out, I jumped at a chance to read it! I loved The Wives and hoped that I would love this book too!
At the beginning, it took a minute to warm up but once it did... HOLY! It is so twisted!!
Okay, no one on earth is going to think of this plot. It's unfathomable how a person can hide in another persons space for so long. It happens though in this story and you even end up buying it.
Then this side twist plot comes along and kicks you right in the gut! BAM! Here I am, look at me!!
I got sucked right in and before I knew it, it was over.
I could cry now.
Please hurry up and write another book!
Yeah, you guys are gonna love this one... for real.

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2020/10/the-wrong-family-by-tarryn-fisher-52.html