If you are thinking of building your own house, then you should never do such a thing in haste. You should plan everything properly and take the proper time to plan. This will help you to create a better house and in a better place. A lot of money will go into this building, and therefore the planning needs to be meticulous and practical. You should plan in such a way that although you have to put in some extra amount of money, you don’t regret the process and get the best house suiting your needs. Therefore, here are some tips to help you build your houses in Palakkad.
Top 10 tips to consider while creating your house plan in Palakkad
- Assess the plot area-Before you start building a house, you should know everything about the area. You should know the right value of the plot, the nearby areas and the transportation routes. You should know about the locality. You may have children in your family. Then it would be necessary to build a house which is close to a few schools.
- Associate with a good company-If you stay in Palakkad, then one of the established companies helping in buying flats or villas or creating apartments in this area is OMG properties. They have a range of good and experienced advisors who can help you in building your own house. They can make you aware of the latest technologies available in creating a house. You can also hire their materials to build your house. You will get high-quality building materials and that too within a short span of time. Therefore, you will not have to keep your construction on hold as the architect for the house is unavailable or the material has not been dumped yet near your house.
- Hire a lawyer to handle your building contracts-If you are not a lawyer by yourself, then, it is better that you hire a lawyer to handle the legal formalities of the land on which you are building the house. There could be certain restrictions on the government on the land where you wish to build your house. You may not understand those restrictions from the land papers, however, your lawyer can definitely understand.
- Apply for a home loan-This home loan is different from the one where you are applying to buy a readymade flat. In the case of the latter, the hassles are much less and therefore, you don’t need to hand over the home plan and the cost to build it beforehand to the banker. However, in this case, you must prepare a detailed building plan and an analysis of how much you require building your house and in what sections of the house are you going to spend the money. If this plan is approved by the banker, he or she will approve your loan.
- Get an inspector to inspect your building progress-After you get the loan sanctioned for your house, you need to hire a government-approved inspector, who would go through the building once or twice a month and give you an approval certificate stating that your building is being constructed abiding by all government rules and regulations.
- Floor planning-Once your building construction starts, you need to pay great attention to the floor works of your house. You need to think about whether you want low mass material or high mass material for your floors. You need to think if the floors need to summer-friendly or if the ground floor needs to be upon a thick base to avoiding water-clogging in the monsoons. If you don’t plan your floors properly, your house will become weak in a few years.
- Water planning-Similar to the floors, you must also plan the water supply system of your house. The sewage system must be well planned, otherwise, your pipes will choke more often and you will have to keep renewing them frequently. In order to avoid this, hire well-reputed architects, who can take care of your sewage system. Don’t go for cheap sewage system plans as you will regret the adverse after effects.
- Keep ample windows and ventilators-If you build a house with very fewer windows, then you will suffocate the denizens, which may cause severe diseases in the house. Similarly, if there aren’t ample amount of ventilators, then the ventilation system of your otherwise great house will remain incomplete.
- Electricity supply-A house is incomplete with proper electricity supply. You need to talk to the board of electricity that supplies electricity to houses in Palakkad. With their approval, you have to create lines that will supply the electricity in your home. Start applying for electricity after the initial phase of the construction is complete.
- Use the land space wisely-If you hire a good architect, he will take care of this. Ask your architect to plan the house in such a way that every inch of the land is planned effectively and no space remains unutilized. With this also keep the cost in mind. You should spend on necessities and not encourage lavish yet useless constructions.