logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: toni
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-11-08 06:14
Hotter
Hockey Holidays - RJ Scott,Kat Mizera,Susan Scott Shelley,Melody Heck Gatto,Jennifer Lazaris,Jaymee Jacobs,Jean Joachim,Melanie Ting,Toni Aleo,Stephanie Kay,Lily Harlem,Kate Willoughby,Lisa B. Kamps,Jami Davenport,Stephanie Julian,Shannon Stacey

This 18 book collection by some of the most amazing authors was such a treat to read!  I loved the humor, heat, and you betcha - even the hockey that was represented in each story.  I have 2 book reviews that I am sharing from this collection for you below.

A Second Shot by Shannon Stacey:

Heartwarming and truly charming, this short and sweet story has us on our toes as we read about a couple who should be together, but have been apart.  Great read of sexy and fun.

A Wolfe Brothers Christmas by Jami Davenport:

Little bit of suspense mixed in with a sweet holiday story that brings a lot of sexy charm to the table.  If you loved her men in their previous stories - you are going to be glad you grabbed this little bit of heaven.  I do recommend that you read the Game On In Seattle series first, however, to avoid spoilers.  Believe me this is worth it!

Each short story included gives a unique and truly hockey flavored look at romance.  What I enjoyed most was that it gave me a chance to relax and enjoy love in my favorite sport.  I give this book a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

review 2018-10-16 00:00
Song of Solomon
Song of Solomon - Toni Morrison You know your love keeps on lifting me, lifting me higher and higher

Earlier this year, I realized two things: (1) Even though Toni Morrison's Song of Solomon is one of my desert island books, I’ve only read it once, and that was about 15 years ago, and (2) I haven’t even owned a copy for half that time, having lost track of my original through several big moves (I blame my ex). I bought a fresh copy this spring, nervous and excited to give it another read.

The story focuses on Milkman Dead, only son of Macon Dead and expected successor to his father’s empire of property in an unnamed Michigan city. In his early teens, Milkman’s friend Guitar goads him into a forbidden visit to Macon’s sister, Pilate, a free spirit and bootlegger whom Macon long ago disowned, and he begins to learn more about his complicated family history, getting conflicting stories from his aunt, his father, and his mother. But while Guitar is pulled into a secret society of black activists, Milkman goes legit, working for his father to earn money to make himself more attractive to women. He enters into an illicit relationship with his cousin Hagar, Pilate’s granddaughter, but when he grows bored with her and tries to call things off, she wages a nightly campaign to terrorize him.

And that’s just the first third of the book. There’s so much going on in this story that Morrison somehow fits into a brisk 340 pages: race relations, class tensions, family secrets, deception, revenge, and even a multi-state treasure hunt for a long-lost fortune in gold. Along the way, Milkman is forced to reconcile what he thinks the world owes him with what he really owes to his family, his friends, his community, and himself. Morrison covers all this territory across several decades with ease, starting with a bang and soaring through the last breathtaking line.

I have to confess that, for a book I’ve long considered one of the best I’ve ever read, I quickly found I didn’t remember much detail, at least not right away. My fondness through the years was based more on my memory of how I felt the first time I read it, particularly at the end, and though I still retained that heady elation the second time around, I also found myself able to pay more attention to the characters and story and the crackling rhythms of Morrison’s language. Beloved was my first Morrison read and is more well-known these days, but Song of Solomon is still my favorite. This book is intimate and epic, immediate and mythic, timely and timeless.

(This review was originally posted as part of Cannonball Read 10: Sticking It to Cancer, One Book at a Time.)
review 2018-10-16 00:00
Song of Solomon

review 2018-10-06 01:53
Misadventures with a Manny (Misadventures, #16) by Toni Aleo
Misadventures with a Manny - Toni Aleo

I think Salt N Pepa said it best: "What a man. What a man. What a mighty good man. " Lincoln takes the unconventional route to success. He follows his heart. Sexy, sweet and sensitive are just the skills to make an impression on a brokenhearted mom and her rambunctious trio. It took Vera being in over her head to finally listen to her heart. Also lightens the mood with a sassy tale of love lost and found. Misadventures with a Manny is irresistible fun.

review 2018-09-25 08:10
Release Blitz w/Review - Small-Town Sweetheart

Small Town Sweetheart by Toni Aleo is available NOW!

Amazon -- https://amzn.to/2CHoOJI

iBooks -- http://bit.ly/SweetheartiBooks

B&N(Nook) -- http://bit.ly/SweetheartNook

Kobo -- http://bit.ly/SweetheartKobo

Delaney Abbot has never wanted to live anywhere other than Spring Grove, Kentucky. She loves the town, the people, and the whiskey made right down the road at McElroy’s Distillery. If only she could find a man in her beloved small town worthy of all that love she has to give.

The first thing Reed McElroy did when he finished high school was get the heck out of Spring Grove, Kentucky. He’s happy with his life as a veterinarian in the big city, and he would just as soon never step foot in his small town again. Delaney has had a crush on Reed since she was knee-high to a grasshopper, but he never looked at her the same way.

Now that tragedy has dragged him back home kicking and screaming, Reed has no choice but to make peace with a past clouded by small-mindedness and judgment. He is forced to see his hometown through grown-up eyes, and everywhere he looks, he finds local sweetheart Delaney. It seems like everyone in Spring Grove loves her. So, why shouldn’t he?

Small-Town Sweetheart (The Spring Grove Series Book 2)Small-Town Sweetheart by Toni Aleo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book #2, in The Spring Grove series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment, I recommend reading this series in order.

Reed has to come home due to tragedy. While there he catches up with old friends, and Delaney. They have sparks between them that causes both good and bad.

Delaney and Reed have known one another basically their whole lives. This attraction between them is new. The heat is growing and they run into one another everywhere.

This was such a slow burn. The heat just builds between the characters until they are nearly scorched from it. I love the banter, and this series just has the most amazing people in it to read about.

****This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

Don't miss out on Not The One - get it now!

Amazon -- https://amzn.to/2NYvIf0

iBooks -- http://bit.ly/NTOiBooks

B&N(Nook) -- http://bit.ly/NTONook

Kobo -- http://bit.ly/NTOKobo

About the Author:

My name is Toni Aleo and I’m a total dork.

I am a wife, mother of two and a bulldog, and also a hopeless romantic.

I am the biggest Shea Weber fan ever, and can be found during hockey season with my nose pressed against the Bridgestone Arena’s glass, watching my Nashville Predators play!

When my nose isn’t pressed against the glass, I enjoy going to my husband and son’s hockey games, my daughter’s dance competition, hanging with my best friends, taking pictures, scrapbooking, and reading the latest romance novel.

I have a slight Disney and Harry Potter obsession, I love things that sparkle, I love the color pink, I might have been a Disney Princess in a past life… probably Belle.
… and did I mention I love hockey?

Connect with Toni!