logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: two-reviews-in-one
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-06-25 18:45
THE REAPING by (the AWESOME) Bernard Taylor
The Reaping (Paperbacks from Hell) - Herb Errickson,Bernard Taylor

Bernard Taylor-I LOVE the guy! SWEETHEART, SWEETHEART is still my favorite from him, (and one of my favorite quiet horror tales of all time), but THE REAPING is another fine example of horror at its best!

An artist and father is invited out to a country manor to paint a portrait. Thomas is offered quite a bit of money to leave his family and business to come do this and his every need will be met while he is there. Upon his arrival, though, his surroundings, the family and the servants all begin to unnerve him. Young Catherine, his model for the portrait seems a bit...off as well. Will he finish the portrait and collect his generous fee? Will he happily return home afterward and resume life as he previously knew it? You'll have to read this to find out!

Books like these are the reason I got into the horror genre in the first place. Somehow I missed Bernard Taylors' works back in the day, but thanks to Valancourt Books and the phenomenon of a book written by Grady Hendrix and Will Erickson, PAPERBACKS FROM HELL, many of these older books are coming back into print. Just in time to delight a whole new generation of horror readers!

Bernard Taylor's work is surprisingly well written. He takes his time setting up the story and he writes so deftly that you cannot see where the story is taking you. What you DO see, (and feel) is an atmosphere that nearly suffocates. The tension thrums as the mystery finally unravels and there is no way to put this book down after a certain point. No. Freaking. Way. !!

Once again, a Bernard Taylor story gets my highest recommendation! Don't let this one get away!

Get your copy here: THE REAPING or at http://www.valancourtbooks.com/

*I was provided an e-ARC of this excellent book by Valancourt, in exchange for my honest review. This is it!*

url 2019-06-24 07:02
Best Private Winery Tours in Yarra Valley

Hire a chauffeur car for your private winery tours in yarra valley at competitive price. Chauffeur Link flexible tours and modern vehicles for your comfort. Their skilled chauffeurs have enough knowledge about wineries in yarra valley.  Book Yarra Valley wine tours with Chauffeur Link.

Source: www.chauffeurlinkmelbourne.com.au/services/tours/wine-tours/yarra-valley
review 2019-06-23 18:59
Book Review for Ropes by Jack Davenport Burning Saints MC #3
Ropes (Burning Saints MC Book 3) Kindle Edition - Jack Davenport

Let's start off by saying this is a new author for us and we enjoyed our very first read by them.

Ropes and Devlin couldn't have been any more different yet perfect for one another.Ropes for the most part is mild mannered unless riled then he is deadly.Devlin on the other hand is funny,feisty,mouthy and a take no sh** kind of girl.This is my kind of girl ! lol

I have to say that I really loved the plot of the story as it was totally unexpected but, fun.One of the things we liked is that Ropes wasn't your typical biker type or so I thought.Ropes definitely  fits into the lifestyle and all that and is rough around the edges but, he was so much more.

We found to be fun,smart,sexy,deadly,protective and a man who knows what he wants a makes no bones about it.I also loved that he had asensitive side and was open about his insecurities and was open about them with his girl not something bikers usually do.All of these things just made us love him more."We loved seeing his softer side."

I loved how he came out to his president about his secret profession it was the funniest and most priceless moments ever. LOL

Devlin we found to be sexy,smart,smart mouthed,had a temper,driven,protective,possessive and just a lot of fun as she had a feisty personality."We just loved her!"

Overall this story was a lot of fun as it had and unusual plot and storyline had enough drama and a touching romance to keep you turning the pages to the very end.The story was filled with a great cast of characters and the main characters we easy to love.I will also say that the story brought us tons of laughs along with giving us tons of smiles and that is always a plus in my book.

Favorite quotes of ours

Ropes secret thoughts of Devlin

"One thousand pieces. No corners, no edges, give up now."

This was a really fun read for me.I would recommend it to all.I am looking forward to reading the series and also the latest releases to come.

5 stars from us
review 2019-06-19 20:10
Stay Sexy & Don't Get Murdered
Stay Sexy & Don't Get Murdered - Karen Kilgariff,Georgia Hardstark

I HIGHLY recommend you listen to the audiobook version of this book because it is narrated by the writers and you'll miss a lot of the emotion in the words if you don't hear them tell it. I also suggest that you only pick it up only if you are a fan of the My Favorite Murder podcast - otherwise you might not get what it is all about and you'll probably be very disappointed and will be left scratching your head at the title. It's not a guidebook instructing you how to "Stay Sexy & Don't Murdered" (that's the tagline of the true-crime comedy show), it's a book about the podcasters very personal, very intimate struggles with family, mental health and their careers. As a fan of the show, I found it both interesting, painful and funny - just like the weekly podcast.

Recommended to fans of the podcast only, especially if you're super nosy like myself

review 2019-06-19 19:52
Terminal by Michaelbrent Collins
Terminal - Michaelbrent Collings

I’ve read a few books by author Michaelbrent Collings and they have all been solid horror stories as well as excellent character studies and as reader who loves a good character driven story, I really appreciate the deep dive into their psyches. I like knowing what makes people tick because I am nosy and also because so many authors don’t do it. They allow the action to take over the entire show and that’s when they usually lose me. If you’re the same type of reader, you should check out this guy’s work.

Several people awaiting a bus find themselves trapped within the bus terminal when a creepy fog rolls in. The fog brings with it death and dire warnings “if you leave, you die” and they soon realize via a text message that they’re all trapped inside of some sort of sadistic game, trick, or alien invasion and that only one of them will survive. If they don’t choose a survivor within the specified time frame they’re all going to die!

So guess what happens when you put a gang member, a junkie, a lazy good-for-nothing jerky security officer, a drug dealer, a Mary Kay pusher and a few decent people (with secrets – yes, that is my catnip and there are plenty of them here) under intense pressure like this? TERRIBLE THINGS, bloody things, messy and gory things, heehee! The intense situation brings out the best and the worst in these people and it expertly shows all of the intricate facets that make them both awful and human. And, also, what the heck is out there lurking in the fog?!

Terminal is a weird, sinister story that kept me guessing and, even though I’ve read probably too many horror stories for most sane people, I did not figure out that ending and I appreciated that. There were plenty of clues but I apparently missed them all until the reveal and then I was all “ahh, you dummy it was all there right in front of you!” I’d recommend it to anyone who enjoys getting to know a cast of characters and watching them get picked off in terrible ways, one by one!