logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: vampires
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-07-15 00:57
Hero Rising (Secret Guardians Book 1) - H.T. Night

Hero Rising, The Four Book Secret Guardians Boxed Set, Secret Guardians Book #1 by H.T. Night is a grand adventure. I gave it four stars.

The Tandra world are humans. Josiah goes on a crusade to help them escape the evil that surrounds them. He becomes a protector and superhero. He is also a vampire and a werewolf but is not immortal.

He heads for New York along with Tommy, the werewolf. Tommy was engaged to his sister before the accident killed her and her parents. After that, they bonded and were like brothers. Tommy now is a coach for MMA fighters.

Josiah flew in his eagle form to San Bernardino where he came across a building on fire with people trapped. "But fire. Yeah, I was cautious about my own hide like that. But there was no way I could turn my back on the....If I didn't help, if I walked away from people who could have been saved; it would haunt me for the rest of my days."

I bought it and read it in one sitting. I look forward to reading Hero Unbound (Secret Guardians Book 2).

Link to purchase: https://www.amazon.com/Hero-Rising-Secret-Guardians-Book-ebook/dp/B00RC5GLAO

review 2018-07-08 19:23
Fry up for my reading slump
Halfway to the Grave - Jeaniene Frost

Well, that ended on an unexpected note. Despite how HARD I rolled my eyes through many points (i.e. the sexy segments, and the blurt out our past and wounds, and the hit you love you) for sheer teen-angst intensity, I'm somewhat interested in what follows. I mean, we are past the AWESOME FIRST ORGASM, and the first blushes of ONE (FIRST) TRUE LOVE! (what? I can totally use caps, they are serious business here). I imagine I'd be setting myself for a lot of I CAN'T BE WITH MY BELOVED angst for volume two, though, so not sure yet. Might be that volume three is worth it? So little time, so many books. Maybe if I want another fry in my next slump.

review 2018-07-05 19:12
Quick Review
Bite The Dust (Blood and Moonlight) (Volume 1) - Cynthia Eden

A fun and quick read... I do like the wit of the heroine Jane Hart..There was a couple of laugh out loud moments when she was talking and interacting with her lover..I will also be picking up the second in the series for this book as well..

review 2018-07-02 10:00
Recent Release Review! Kings of the Blood Volume 1 (Kings of the Blood 1-3) Julia Mills!
Kings of the Blood Volume 1 - Julia Mills

Kings of the Blood Volume 1

<What would you do to save your one true love – the Keeper of Your Heart?

The one person in all the Universe who sees you for exactly who and what you are, and loves you all the more for it.

That special someone who with a single look can turn you inside-out and upside-down, leave you longing for more.

Would there be any obstacle too daunting? Any battle you wouldn’t fight?

Ancient Warriors, snatched from the jaws of death and called into eternal service by none other than Zeus himself, the Kings of the Blood are no ordinary Vampires. Stronger, faster, and nearly older than time itself, they will move Heaven and Earth and defy all they know to protect the one woman in all the world who can save their doomed soul and breathe life into their dead heart.

Their very existence depends on one thing and one thing only… complete and total surrender.

Time’s up. It’s now or never. Destiny Waits for No Man…Not Even the King.

Goodreads - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40496696-kings-of-the-blood-volume-1

BookLikes - http://booklikes.com/kings-of-the-blood-volume-1-julia-mills/book,13981640

Which includes:

Book #1: Viktor: Heart of Her King

Updated with two new chapters!

Three millennium brought the Supreme Commander to this place at this time to meet the one woman who can save not only his soul but his very existence.

Too many days pondering her life. Too many nights dreaming of the nameless, faceless man who makes her feel things she never thought possible.

One has a chance for revenge, the other a chance for redemption. Together they must make a choice. Together they hold the key.

Together only they can save the heart of her king.

Goodreads - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28810999-viktor

Book #2: Roman: Fury of Her King

Book 2 in the Kings of the Blood series. The books can be read as stand-alone stories, but it is advisable to read them in order to get the most enjoyment from the series.

She thought it was a chance meeting…

He knew it was Destiny.

Her dreams were coming true…

His future was within his grasp.

Life turns on a dime.

Things can change in the blink of an eye.

Now, her future is in his hands and the one she thought was her friend is holding the gun.

Can he save her in time? Will he defy the law of Zeus?

More than blood is on the line…this fight is for his very existence.

This book contains explicit sexual material and violence. It is only suited for mature readers 18 years of age and older.

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/31347773-roman

& Book #3: Achilles: Soul of Her King

Book 3 in the Kings of the Blood series. The books can be read as stand-alone stories, but it is advisable to read them in order to get the most enjoyment from the series.

A scream in the night. A panicked call for help. There’s no time to think. The rules be damned.

A fate worse than death. Buried alive…lost…alone… A centuries old secret her only hope. May the gods be on her side.

This one’s about more than brotherhood.

Save the girl…save the Kings.

Goodreads - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/32164134-achilles

Reading the Kings of the Blood box set which includes books one through three is a fascinating and wonderfully thrilling experience.

First, this is my first time reading any of the Kings of the Blood books and I was completely fascinated with the world and Julia Mills’ intriguing concept of vampires but not yet really vampires, which I finally decided are immortal warriors with vampire like qualities, anyway the whole working for the gods notion worked really well too and made these delightful characters unique and special. The stories are well written and each character is strong, captivating and well developed which made it easy to connect to them and to become enthralled in the stories. Each story has a wonderfully sweet and entertaining romance, blazing hot passion and sizzling chemistry which includes explicit sexual material. The fast paced plots are full of thrilling action and suspense, including some violent content.

Now for Viktor: Heart of a King; Viktor and his soul mate have some really explosive chemistry and the story is full of suspense which keeps readers enthralled until the very end.

Next we have Roman: Fury of Her King; Roman and his soul mate have a bit more action in their romance because they dance around each other a bit. The fast paced plot includes some thrilling action and suspense when Roman is betrayed which keeps readers on the edge of their seat.

And finally we have Achilles: Soul of Her King; this story mixes things up quite a bit by with rule breaking and secrets with the fast paced plot including thrilling danger and excitement from a very powerful enemy.

I can only wish that these stories were bit longer and the stories a bit more fleshed out but I really enjoyed them and the fascinating world that Julia Mills has created, so I am looking forward to Bain’s book which will hopefully be released soon.

Kings of the Blood series -

Goodreads -

author - https://www.juliamillsauthor.com/kings-of-the-blood

Book #4: Bain: Resurrection of Her King is coming soon.

Kings of the Blood is available in ebook at:

Amazon - US: https://amzn.to/2xX195T

UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DM5654K

AU: https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B07DM5654K

CA: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07DM5654K

Mom of two rockin' girls, Reader of everything, Author of The Dragon Guards series and many more surprises to come!

I am a sarcastic,sometimes foul-mouthed, not afraid to drink a beer, always southern woman with 2 of the most amazing teenage daughters,
a menagerie of animals and a voracious appetite for reading who recently decided to write the storied running through her brain. I read my first book, Dr Suess' Cat in The Hat by myself at 4 and was hooked.

I believe a good book along with shoes, makeup and purses will never let a girl down and that all heroes of all the books I have ever read or will ever write pale in comparison to my daddy! I am a sucker for a happy ending and love some hot sweaty sex with a healthy dose of romance.

I am still working on my story but believe it will contain all of the above with as much SPICE as I can work into it. CHEERS!

Be sure & visit Julia Mills at the following locations:

InstaGram - https://www.instagram.com/juliamills623/

BookBub - https://www.bookbub.com/authors/julia-mills

BookLikes - http://booklikes.com/julia-mills/author,4775471

review 2018-06-30 21:40
Brief Cases (The Dresden Files #15.1) (Audiobook)
Brief Cases (Dresden Files) - Jim Butcher

Another fun compilation of short stories and novellas set in the Dresden universe. I finished my read of the currently available books almost three years ago and have been waiting impatiently for Peace Talks ever since, along with everyone else. So I was happy to see this come out to break the dry spell a bit - and also impress upon me the need to do a relisten at some point in the near future. :D

A Fistful of Warlocks - 3 stars

I spent the first half of this trying to remember who Luccio was. Whoops. She never made much of an impression as a character, so it took me awhile to place her, especially since I heard19th century and got excited that maybe we were getting a story about Ancient Mai. Alas, no. Still, Wild West, Wyatt Earp and Warlocks - what's not to love?

Cassandra Campbell narrates this one.

B Is For Bigfoot - 4 stars

Harry must deal with bullies targeting Bigfoot's kid. Irwin is pathologically pacifist, and Harry's intent on making him understand that he can still stand up for himself. As ever, Butcher takes what should be a fairly straightforward issue and complicates the hell out of it. Plus, it's about time Sasquatch makes an appearance in this world.

AAAA Wizardry - 4 stars

Harry's again playing mentor, this time to young wizards. Harry shines when he's taking care of kids and teaching others how to be better. The classroom setting is intertwined with a case that Harry worked where things ... wait for it ... went wrong. I know! That never happens to him, right?

I Was a Teenage Bigfoot - 3 stars

Irwin's again in trouble, and Harry's sent to help out. This one is fairly straightforward, on the Dresden scale, and we don't get as much interaction with Irwin this time around. And you will NEVER guess the motive for this one. :D

Curses - 5 stars

I actually never heard of the Billy Goat curse, and the way Butcher comes up to explain it is classic Dresden, whimsical and offers some of the most hilarious moments in this collection.

Even Hand - 3 stars

Oh, Gentleman Johnny Marcone. I don't care for him, but he's hardly the worst villain out there. He reminds me a lot of Xanatos from Gargoyles, actually. Unrepentantly evil, but with his own moral code and rules. The best rule being "no kids." So when Justine come to him asking for help protecting a child, well...what's a cold-blooded mafia-type man supposed to do?

Jim Butcher narrates this one. And...well...Hermoine would approve his narrative style. His pronunciation is always very proper and precise - and as a result a little on the stilted side.

Bigfoot on Campus - 4 stars

Bigfoot Irwin's all grown up and in college and has a girlfriend whose not what she seems. What could go wrong? Harry's got a condition on this one though: Papa Bigfoot has to meet his son, who is more than a little ticked off for being kept on the sidelines his whole life.

Bombshells - 4 stars

Molly's trying to fill the shoes of Harry after the event in Changes, and she's finding it to be quite an overwhelming task. I've always liked Molly, so was happy to see her POV and get inside her head. She's made some questionable decisions, and seeing how she navigates the world of wizardry as a result of those decisions and what she's learned since was fascinating. Plus, she gets company of Justine and Andi while she tries to figure out how to save Thomas. (I forgot Andi was dating Butters.)

Cold Case - 5 stars

Two Molly POVs in a row! And this one hurt. Molly's first assignment as the new Winter Maiden pairs her up with Carlos as they go up against monsters Alaska, and it doesn't go anything like she thought it would. Her new "mom" Mab is as cold and vicious as always, and a stark contrast to Charity. Mab's not here for sentimentality. She's here to fight a war. She does offer Molly the opportunity to find a better way to fight that war though, so hopefully that means Molly will be able to do that someday.

Julia Whelan narrates both of Molly's stories, and she does a great job.

Jury Duty - 4 stars

Harry Dresden has been found - by the government! Dun dun DUUUUNNNN! Jury duty happens. Wackiness ensues. Good fun.

Day One - 4 stars

BUTTERS! I love Butters - and totally forgot he was a Knight now. Whoops. He's called to his first mission as a Knight of the Cross and he does an excellent job of it. Oliver Wylan does the narration on this one and he captures Butters perfectly.

Zoo Day - 5 stars

Harry spends his first full day with his 10-year old daughter Maggie and it's adorable. Of course, this is Dresden Files, so it can't just be a nice family outing. There's a lot going on here, and we get to see not just Harry's POV, but Maggie's and Mouse's too. Yes, you saw that right. Mouse gets his own POV here. Maggie's an amazing little kid, and Mouse's POV was charming as hell - in between all the horror, lol.