logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: vampires
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-11-13 15:32
So this is the end...
Blade Bound: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel (Chicagoland Vampires Series) - Chloe Neill

The final novel in the series, it's Merit and Ethan's wedding and the politics are complicated and things don't always go to plan. Evil doesn't wait for people to finish parties.

Interesting and fun characters and I'm sorry to see them go but can see where it was a logical end to the arc and the story.

review 2017-11-06 02:04
Vampires of Atlantis: A Love Story - Brian M. Stableford

It was interesting reading this book right after the author's "Sheena and Other Gothic Tales". Instead of the follow-up to the longish short story "Sheena" that I was expecting, this novel turned out to be an expansion of that story into a short novel. A very good expansion, I hasten to add, and well worth reading for the extra depth and detail Stableford has added to this tale.

review 2017-10-30 10:00
Release Day Review! Relentless (Vampires in America 11.5) by D. B. Reynolds
Relentless: A Cyn and Raphael Novella (Vampires in America 11.5) - D. B. Reynolds

TREACHERY . . . Something the powerful Vampire Lord Raphael has seen far too much of lately.

RAGE . . . An emotion that, left unchecked, can burn like the fires of hell.

REVENGE . . . A dish that philosophers claim is best served cold.

It’s been months since the powerful French vampire Mathilde used Raphael’s arrogance against him and nearly succeeded in taking his life. His fury has grown stronger with every day since, fed by new bloody incursions onto North American soil by the Europeans, while vampire politicking has forced him to wait. But no longer. Someone has attacked his home, killing vampires, threatening Cyn. They’ve taken it one step too far, and Raphael’s tired of waiting. His enemies are about to discover that revenge can taste damn good when it’s hot, too.

Smokin’ Hot! Cyn & Raphael is once again heating up the pages while shaking up the vampire population. I can never get enough of Cyn & Raphael, these characters easily pull readers into their lives and get you hooked because not only is there never a dull moment, but readers get some red hot sex scenes that have me melting into a puddle as I read them.  The action scenes are just as intense and thrilling as the sex scenes are hot which keeps readers glued to every page.

I love how the author keeps giving readers these shorter novellas in between the main books of the series, not only because it allows me to keep in touch with Cyn & Raphael but it always ties things up nice and neat, connecting things that you might not have connected before. My only complaint is I really hate putting the books down and having to wait for the next one, which I am sitting on pins and needles waiting for, Quinn needs to hurry up on his take-over of Ireland, so I can get to reading his book.

Relentless is # 11.5 in the Vampires in America Series

Relentless is available in ebook at:

Amazon.com   Kobo   iBooks   GPlay

D.B. Reynolds can be found at:

Website   Goodreads   Facebook   Twitter

review 2017-10-30 01:12
Twice Tempted
Twice Tempted - Jeaniene Frost

Though my brain keeps wanting to title it Twice Burned for some reason.

Anyway, I was maybe just a little lost in the beginning, but the more I read, the more things started to come back to me. And while I didn't love it, I ended up enjoying it enough (I think I rated the first book similarly) to want to continue with the series.

review 2017-10-28 01:16
THEY THIRST Review
They Thirst - Robert R. McCammon

Because I was under the impression this novel is little more than a riff on Stephen King’s ‘Salem’s Lot, I avoided it for a long time. However, in the last year or two I’ve really become a major Robert McCammon fan and decided to finally give this 1981 epic horror novel a chance. Was I impressed!

Let’s address the elephant in the room: yes, this novel has a few slight similarities to King’s vampire novel. Amongst this novel’s wide and varied cast of characters is a Catholic priest and an eleven-year-old bookish boy with a horror obsession. And, of course, this story is about vampires taking over a set place; however, in contrast to King’s novel — an exploration of small town life — McCammon’s work is an expansive look at Los Angeles and the mechanics of vampires taking over an entire city. So do I think Robert McCammon tipped off King? No, not at all. This story is an original creation through and through.

So . . . of the two, which do I like more? Hard call. While King’s novel scared me more and feels a bit more cohesive, the characters in They Thirst are more varied and better written, I feel. And this story just has such an epic feel to it. King’s novel reveals in quiet horror; McCammon’s is anything but quiet. I think I will call it a tie.

But really, Robert McCammon deserves much more than being compared to Stephen King for the umpteenth time. He is a phenomenal author in his own right, and this novel is a marvel. I had a blast. Yes, it’s a bit cheesy and pulpy and totally ‘80s, but that’s its charm! If you’re looking for a spooky (and long) vampire novel to read this Halloween season, you could do much worse.

Read for ‘Vampires’ in Halloween Bingo.