logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: vampires
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-02-15 19:18
Review ~ Disappointing
Cat's Paws and Curses - Nancy Warren

Book source ~ Kindle Unlimited

American Lucy Swift is really enjoying running her grandmother’s knitting shop in Oxford. She never thought she would, but here she is. Of course, her grandmother may be dead, but she’s not dead-dead considering she’s a vampire. So Lucy has the benefit of her wisdom as well as that of the whole vampire knitting circle. Lucy has been holding a knitting circle nights right before Christmas so her customers can have a place to knit presents for family. But one evening, when the lights go out and one of the knitters is murdered, the murderer has to be in the same room. One of her knitters is a murderer! What?

I love this series because it’s cute, humorous (yes, even with a murder or two), and there’s the paranormal aspect with the knitting vampires and all. Plus, magic because Lucy is also a witch. But this one seemed a tad rushed to me. Maybe because it’s a short story instead of the usual length. It just seemed a bit lacking which is why I dropped the rating down from my usual. However, it’s still a nice mystery and I got to see Rafe and Ian. I wish Lucy would give Ian more of a chance. Rafe is ok, but she seems adamant that she will not be with a vampire, so Ian would be more her speed, even though he’s with law enforcement. Or maybe she needs to meet a witch instead. I’m curious where Lucy’s love life is heading. Looking forward to book 9.

Source: imavoraciousreader.blogspot.com/2020/02/cats-paws-and-curses.html
review 2020-02-05 17:19
A True Story – The Vampire Next Door by J T Hunter #JTHunter @partnersincr1me
The Vampire Next Door: The True Story of the Vampire Rapist - Rj Parker,Hartwell Editing,JT Hunter

The Vampire Next Door

The True Story of the Vampire Rapist

by JT Hunter

on Tour February 1-29, 2020

The Vampire Next Door is my second book by J T Hunter. I love reading true crime. Of course, a lot of time, the fiction I read seems all too real. So come on in and enjoy the tour.

The Vampire Next Door: True Story of the Vampire Rapist and Serial Killer

There are two covers for the book, one on Goodreads (above) and one on Amazon (below). Which do you like best?

Amazon / Goodreads

MY REVIEW

I love the way The Vampire Next Door by J T Hunter was written. The story flows smoothly, drawing me in to the twisted story of John Crutchley.

Factual accounting, but J T Hunter writes with a flair, bringing to life the depraved and gruesome action John Crutchley, a serial killer,walks on a super dark side, not content with just killiing, but rapes and tortures for fun. It’s so hard to understand how someone can do these terrible thing, but I am fascinated trying to figure out what makes them tick.

One victim survives to give details that may never have been known otherwise.

He had a terrible upbringing, but I make no excuses for him. We all make choices, and he made some depraved ones. He is brilliant, a genius IQ, equivalent to Bill Gates, but socially and romantically inept. Some of the jobs he held are amazing, working for NASA, the pentagon, and other top secret clearance companies.

He is vicious. Delights in seeing terror and suffering in his victims. He was a thief and, even with a top secret clearance, he dealt drugs, because he could. He loved the thrill of getting away with it. Definitely shows his personality.

J T Hunter’s research includes letters written by him, interviews, police reports, etc. He is a Ted Bundy type of serial killer, coming across as the harmless guy net door, with a psychopathic ability to fake caring and able to manipulate others to do his bidding. Watch out when the dark comes to light. No conscience. No qualms about lying to achieve his ends.

Makes me sick, lying and whining, trying to invoke sympathy. Why does a serial killer think he deserves any mercy? It’s novels like this that leave me feeling angry, enraged, disgusted and totally pissed off…not only at the pathetic excuse for a human being, but the justice system and law enforcement.

I take some solace in the advancements that have been made in forensic science and investigation techniques, treating rape as the felonious violent crime it is and the changing of laws, where hopefully the punishment fits the crime.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of The Vampire Next Door by J T Hunter.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos4 Stars

ENTER THE GIVEAWAY HERE

MY J T HUNTER REVIEWS

A Monster Of All Time

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • I am an Amazon affiliate/product images are linked.
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/the-vampire-next-door-j-t-hunter
review 2020-01-31 02:24
Full Moon Howl - Orlando A. Sanchez

Book source ~ Kindle Unlimited

Bad juju is going down and The Dark Council wants Simon and Tristan to investigate. However, the evidence is pointing a finger right at Tristan. But you know what they say? If you are pointing 1 finger at someone then there are 4 more pointing back at you. Or something like that. Because we all know it’s not Tristan who is doing this nasty stuff. Montague & Strong need to find out who is behind the nasty business. Preferably before Tristan is taken out for something he didn’t do.

There’s lots of magic and danger going on and the world is interesting. The writing is a bit sparse. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, it just seems a bit lacking in…I don’t know, filler, for want of a better word. Like I said, not necessarily a bad thing, but I like a bit more fiber to my reading meal. Simon is a smartass and it can get a bit irritating which is also why I don’t rate this higher. However, it’s decent entertainment and enough to keep me going with the series. Also, Peaches is the best character of all. Just sayin’.

Source: imavoraciousreader.blogspot.com/2020/01/full-moon-howl.html
review 2020-01-28 21:15
Review ~ Entertaining!
Slaying Monsters for the Feeble - Annette Marie

Book source ~ Kindle Unlimited

Robin Page loves books, baking, and staying out of the limelight. However, having a demon contracted to her kinda makes that last thing hard to accomplish. Especially since her contract with Zylas is totally illegal and if anyone finds out she would be executed. A demon contractor is supposed to have complete control over their demon. Robin does not. Not even a little. But they are bound together and he is sworn to protect her and she…well, she bakes him cookies. I know. It’s ridiculous (and actually kind of hilarious) and if you had read the first book you’d know all about this. So, go read it.

Anyway, Robin is trying to find a way to send Zylas home, back to the demon world, but she is a complete demon novice. It’s taking awhile. And Zylas is getting impatient. In addition, she is trying to find her mother’s grimoire, last seen with her despicable uncle. On top of all this, there’s trouble in town and Robin & Zylas manage to land in the middle of it. Thank goodness they belong to the Crow and Hammer because Robin could really use some friends right about now. Though we don’t really get to see much friend making in this book, I’m hoping it’s coming soon. There’s everything in this book that I love from the other connected series: magic, humor, danger, a great world and awesome characters. If you’re looking for a series to fall into then this and Spellbound are it.

Source: imavoraciousreader.blogspot.com/2020/01/slaying-monsters-for-feeble.html
review 2020-01-26 21:43
Timeless / Gail Carriger
Timeless - Gail Carriger

Alexia Tarabotti, Lady Maccon, has settled into domestic bliss. Of course, being Alexia, such bliss involves integrating werewolves into London High society, living in a vampire's second best closet, and coping with a precocious toddler who is prone to turning supernatural willy-nilly. Even Ivy Tunstell's acting troupe's latest play, disastrous to say the least, can not put a dampener on Alexia's enjoyment of her new London lifestyle.

Until, that is, she receives a summons from Alexandria that cannot be ignored. With husband, child, and Tunstells in tow, Alexia boards a steamer to cross the Mediterranean. But Egypt may hold more mysteries than even the indomitable Lady Maccon can handle. What does the vampire Queen of the Alexandria Hive really want from her? Why is the God-Breaker Plague suddenly expanding? And how has Ivy Tunstell suddenly become the most popular actress in all the British Empire?

I’ve really enjoyed this series, though I think that the first book was probably my favourite of the five. I’m looking forward to reading both Carriger’s Finishing School and The Custard Protocol series. I’m glad there are more books in this alternate history to look forward to!

With this book, the Alexia/Conall storyline may have reached the end of its natural life span. Not every thread is wrapped up, but that’s not always necessary or even desirable. Things that were amusing in previous books (Lord & Lady Maccon living in Lord Akeldama’s third best closet, for instance) are becoming less entertaining. Prudence makes up for that as she becomes a character in her own right (and that will make The Custard Protocol interesting).

I must say that I was glad to see Biffy settled into his new role(s). He’s made the shift from vampire drone to young werewolf-about-town quite successfully, found a new squeeze, and shown some career potential. I’ll miss him more than Alexia and Conall, I think.

Such a fun world and I look forward to future expeditions into it!