logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: whitewolf
Load new posts () and activity
show activity (+)
review 2018-03-05 10:00
Early Review! Flight of the White Wolf (Heart of the Wolf #24 / White Wolf #3) Terry Spear
Flight of the White Wolf - Terry Spear

Stranded in the wilderness, these warring hearts will be forced to work togetheror die together.

Gavin Summerfield
an arctic wolf shifter with a fear of flyinghas to fly into the vast lakeland wilderness of northern Minnesota to track down his suspectwhere his ability to shift will come in very handy. Imagine his chagrin when his pilot turns out to be the woman who tasered him last time they saw each other. Things are off to a rocky start...again.

Arctic wolf shifter Amelia White isn't entirely displeased to see Gavin again, but priorities shift when their plane is sabotaged and goes down in the middle of nowhere. As their attraction grows, Amelia hopes Gavin doesn't discover the secret she's been keeping...she knows he could never forgive her...

Terry Spear is at it again with another werewolf romance that had me soaring through an adventure filled romance.

Gavin and Amelia are electrifying characters that grab reader’s attention and refuse to let go. Their relationship is full of strong and hot sexual tension, emotional pitfalls and thrilling danger. The couple has to make decisions that affect their personal as well professional lives and that will of course impact their families and friends which adds lots of depth to the story and has readers holding their breath in anticipation of their happily ever after decision.

The suspense builds throughout the story as twists and turns keep readers as well as Gavin and Amelia guessing as to just who the enemy is and what their true motives are. This fast paced plot is full of adrenaline pumping adventure and thrills including plane crashes and really keep readers on edge and has just enough super sweet moments to keep the heart well satisfied as well not to mention makes the readers fall for the characters even more.

Terry Spear brings the wonderful Heart of the Wolf series which includes the White Wolf series, the Silver Town Wolves, the Highland Wolves and the Billionaire Wolves, to brilliant life with well written words, vivid imagery and fascinating characters that all keep me coming back for more. It is a favorite of mine and I always love becoming immersed in the stories as they unfold and I found Flight of the White Wolf to be one very spellbinding read and since I just can’t get enough, I can’t wait to read the next one.

Flight of the White Wolf is the 24th book in the Heart of the Wolf series & the 3rd book in the White Wolf series.

The 25th book - All’s Fair in Love and Wolf is set to be released on May 1st 2018.

Flight of the White Wolf is available in print or ebook at:

Amazon   BaM   B&N   GPlay   iBooks   Kobo   eBooks

Terry Spear can be found at:

Website    Facebook   Twitter   Goodreads   BookBub

show activity (+)
review 2016-12-14 02:19
A flawed, but enjoyable contemporary Arthurian tale
Avalon Dreams - Alexa Whitewolf

There's a decent novel hidden in these pages, and I do appreciate what Whitewolf tried to do, but it just didn't succeed for me. But let's focus on the positive for a bit.

Vivienne Du Lac, who in a future life was The Lady of the Lake (as in, "The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water...") has been reincarnated into the modern life as a nervous, socially awkward historical researcher. One day, the reincarnation of her former bodyguard, Sébastien, shows up in town and everything goes to pot.

Sébastien is dealing with the effects of an ancient curse, and is torn between his strong desire to serve and protect Vivienne, while being convinced that he'll cause her harm. In her previous life, Vivienne was served by a demon dog -- who finds himself as a large Caucasian Shepherd, with diminished magic. Alistair's a fun character -- sort of a canine Ben Kenobi.

I really liked the fact that while, yes, this was your typical Chosen One fantasy; this particular Chosen One was an adult woman. This particular Chosen One has been brought back to stop the former apprentice of Merlin, Carleigh, from wreaking havoc on the 21st Century. He's a very powerful necromancer now, and only someone of pure magic has a chance against him. I'm not really sure what this pure magic is, but that's beside the point. It's not just Carleigh they have to prevail over -- he's got a contemporary henchman, some druids, and Sébastien has run afoul of the Mob.

I've got to say that I'm not sure what anyone (Sébastien in particular) sees in Vivienne, she's pretty self-involved, treats everyone like a servant, and generally seems pretty spoiled. That said, it's really easy to find yourself rooting for her and her guardians. The romance works because of their past (where, as royalty she acted a lot less like one than she does as a researcher).

There's some strong Arthurian themes throughout this book, mixed in with some contemporary tropes -- a mix that's sure to satisfy.

Here's my problem with this book -- besides the personality of the protagonist -- and the only thing that keeps me from strongly recommending this: the language. Whitewolf just doesn't have the command of English to write this kind of book without a strong editor. She writes as if she had a Romanian-to-English Dictionary open next to her. It's hard to complain about someone working too hard on a book, so hard that she ends up overwriting -- the emotions are overwrought, the prose can be clunky, and frequently the words are just wrong (sometimes, not by much, but enough to draw attention to themselves and stop the flow of the narrative). Now I feel like a snob and a heel for saying that, but it detracted from what could've been a fun read.

If you can get past the language issues, it's a fun contemporary fantasy with Arthurian ties, and I can see where people would enjoy it -- I did, but I had to work harder than I should've to get to that point.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this novel from the author in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks, Ms. Whitewolf.

Source: irresponsiblereader.com/2016/12/13/avalon-dreams-by-alexa-whitewolf
review 2016-08-18 05:06
Review - The New Beat Newbie
New Beat Newbie - Harry Whitewolf

Disclaimer: I wrote a book with this guy; so, I can’t even pretend that I don’t have a bias toward his artistic talent.

Long ago, I wrote a short story called “The Lexical Funk.” At the time, I thought I knew exactly what it was, but didn’t understand that it could take many forms, one of the most obvious was beat poetry. From the very first poem, that’s exactly what you get -- funky beat poetry.In the very first poem, Harry writes, “Join a new determination to speak from the soul with words high on wit and wonder./ Stop the devils dragging us under.”

That’s exactly what how I feel about writing and the necessity of writing.

As I read poems like “Mother Nature”, I’m sure that this book needs its own bongo drum. In fact, I’m so sure that this book needs its own bongo drum that there should be a warning on the cover that says, “Bongo drum sold separately.”

Much of this poetry would go very well with a Jazz quartet.

Warning: the book has a social message!

Is it preachy? Yes, but let yourself be preached. You’ll like it.

Poems such as “Hard Luck Hardback” made me nostalgic for the almost-but-not-quite bygone days of used book stores and used books. (I don’t own a Kindle yet, but the day is fast approaching.) Poems such as “Two Steps” made me admire poets, and make me want to give them a dollar.  “The Poet Pops his Performance Cherry” was a poem that connected with me because it expressed intimately that pure writerly moment, a subject I have been exploring as well.

This short poetry collection was an awesome way to spend an afternoon.