logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: why-i-love
Load new posts () and activity
show activity (+)
review 2016-03-28 14:44
Why I Love New Orleans: A Collection of Blogs - Heather Graham
This book was just plain fun. I'm getting ready for my first trip to the Crescent City in May, so I grabbed this book to read. It was a Smashwords freebie ... which means you should grab it, too!

Author Heather Graham did 30 blogs in 30 days, talking about why she loves the city. With subjects ranging from hotels, to restaurants, to plantation tours and more, she provides information and anecdotes that keep it all from reading like a dry book report.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and got some great ideas for things to do during my trip as a result.

review 2015-08-30 00:00
Why I Love Geeks (Why I Love... #1)
Why I Love Geeks (Why I Love... #1) - T.A. Chase This book is so completely terrible. From the editing to the plot to the characters. I mean, FFS, one of the character names changed in less than 200 words!?!!!! I'm so pissed off about this right now, I can't even write a coherent review, but I will. I will rant. It will not be pretty. I'm absolutely appalled at this book and the fact I paid $7 for something that reads like a poorly written first draft.
review 2014-06-28 00:00
Why I Love Geeks
Why I Love Geeks - T.A. Chase I absolutely loved this book! Herb and Chuck were just what I needed after a run of intense, angst-filled books. Herb's lack of filter was hilarious and romance was both sweet and hot. Chuck was a perfect blend of alpha male, romantic, and family man. I would kill for a man like him! The side plot of murder and crazy science fit right in and I loved Chuck's family and partner. I would love to read Burke and McKinley's story and I am definitely going to be reading the second book about Chuck's brother, John. 4 fun-filled, hot stars!
show activity (+)
review 2013-10-08 16:34
Shades of fucked up
Shades Of Twilight - Linda Howard

There is a reason why this book is getting such a low rating.
It scarred me for life and here I thought I was going to get brain candy.
I cannot even write a rant because I am so distressed.

But because I don't want people to be scarred for life like I was, I will tell you why this book got a horrible rating(this is not a spoiler).

One of the 'couples' in this book are a pair of Father and Daughter but the daughter does die (and I cannot tell you if the father does) so there is that.

When I say couple, yes, I DO mean that the two are banging each other, and not just banging but doing all kinky things you can imagine.

Let me also say she does this because she is turned on by how forbidden their relationship is and yes I do believe she led him on (she talks about how she rubbed her boobs against him and said 'daddy'). She does this to spite her husband who doesn't know she is cheating on him, That he unknowingly sleeps with such a fucked up piece of shit (that's what I am going to call her) makes her incredibly happy.

I just cannot. I really cannot wrap my head around that.

Of course these two fucktards aren't the main couple but I don't care. I really don't. How can anyone expect me to enjoy the story with that going on?

Oh did I mention after the fucked up piece of shit dies, the dad mourns her (not in a fatherly way) and talks about how they killed his beautiful little... (I don't remember, my mind blocked it out, it's preventing me from the Trauma, good mind.).

Yeah that's all I have to say.

review 2013-07-19 00:00
Why I Love My Gay Boyfriend
Why I Love My Gay Boyfriend - Sabrina Zollo I received an e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I don't think I enjoyed this novel as much as I wanted to, and as much as I hate writing negative reviews, I guess I do have to write one after all.Things I liked:-The title and the cover. How creative, right? It's just very appealing. It's actually what lead me to read this book.And that list just sort of ends there. Things I didn't like:-The main character. Veronica was very, very naive and annoying. She was just.. no.-The whole story and its plot organization. Throughout this whole story, I was just waiting for it to become interesting. Like, okay, where is this going? I'll admit that I scanned the last few chapters, but I'm not sure if they were worth reading or not. Guess I'll never find out..Nonetheless, you might enjoy and it and you might not.