logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: worldwideweberverse
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-03-14 18:42
What Makes Girls Sick and Tired by Lucile de Peslouan and Genevieve Darling
What Makes Girls Sick and Tired - Lucile de Peslo√ľan,Genevieve Darling

This comic packs a lot of ideas and questions into a small, accessible package. The illustrations have only a single line but they cover a whole gamut of issues of facing young women today.

That striking brevity gets the readers attention, but it of course can't cover everything or get into the deeper arguments for feminism and the importance of being supportive of each other and taking civic action.

A great inspirational gift.

review 2018-11-02 20:32
Wheel of Time Reread Books 10-12 (and 0) by Leigh Butler
Wheel of Time Reread: Books 10-12 - Leigh Butler

Still enjoyable, just becoming more of a sidebar as we approach the finish line.

review 2018-08-06 04:30
Wheel of Time Reread Books 7-9 by Leigh Butler
Wheel of Time Reread: Books 7-9 - Leigh Butler

Butler's commentary continues to entertain and inform me on my summer mission of re-reading the Wheel of Time series. Through no fault of her own the issue that raises its head more and more is that when she was writing these reviews two of the final three books were being released. Expectations are being expressed about upcoming reunions and solutions that I know in some cases were never resolved, which is frustrating all over again. Again, not her fault, as the re-re-read was cancelled partway through 'The Fires of Heaven'.

review 2018-07-23 19:36
Wheel of Time Reread Books 5-6 by Leigh Butler
Wheel of Time Reread: Books 5-6 - Leigh Butler

Not much to add to my thoughts about the Reread for Books 1-4. Leigh is funny and insightful and I wouldn't have gotten half out of this reread if it wasn't for reading her thoughts. The only quibble I have is that often (this is on tor.com, I didn't read the e-books which may not have this) she refers to old commentary on certain issues such as 'Who killed ---------?' and links to dead pages. If those forums or arguments are mirrored somewhere, I don't know where to find them.

Most people won't be interested in the old arguments now that most questions have been settled so don't let that deter you from checking these out.

review 2018-07-23 00:17
Wheel of Time Reread Books 1-4 by Leigh Butler
Wheel of Time Reread: Books 1-4 - Leigh Butler

I was late in discovering the existence of the vast world of Wheel of Time fandom. Leigh Butler isn't the be-all-end-all authority, she herself would deny that, but I've found her posts and analysis of what's going on in the series invaluable for my latest reread.

Sharp analysis, critiques, quick explanations and timely reminders of which characters and subplots to keep an eye out for make this essential reading for any fan of the series. It does have a lot of spoilers so no reading before you've gotten through 'A Memory of Light'!