logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: xmas
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-12-05 17:03
Peace On Earth, Good Will To Dogs - Eleanor Hallowell Abbott
Peace On Earth, Good Will To Dogs - Eleanor Hallowell Abbott

Despite weird punctuation (what are all those dashes supposed to indicate?) and obvious period details this book feels remarkably modern. You could turn it into a modern story in about 15 minutes. You could turn it into a modern movie rom com script without a great deal of effort. Dogs! So cute. Oh, go on: it's free, it's short, it's amusing, it'll get you feeling jolly.

review 2017-03-05 03:10
Humbug - Joanna Chambers

From time to time I look through the collections on my Kindle and delete everything I've read already. I just did that the other day and guess what my first reaction was when I saw I've already read this.

I've read this??? When??? ...and... What was it about again?

After I looked at the blurb I remembered at least that I've actually read some kind of a "A Christmas Carol" themed story last year. That also is quite a good giveaway that I've read it somewhere around Christmas.

So this is the perfect example for a not-bad-but-literally-forgettable story and I'll settle for 3 stars.

review 2016-12-31 17:21
Quick and Hot
Hot for Xmas - Trinity Blacio Emily Garland works to save female victims from horrible lives, regardless of how dangerous it is. It’s been a VERY long time since she’s had any real pleasure. While trying to help another victim and her kids, she meets Baas Sather, the local pack alpha. This was a quick and hot read. It was well written. I would’ve liked to see more from these characters though. I’d recommend. **I voluntarily read and reviewed this book
review 2016-12-09 19:55
Holidays on Ice: Stories - David Sedaris
Holidays on Ice: Stories - David Sedaris

Veronica needed some “Santaland Diaries” and then I was supposed to take the book back to the library, but Santaland sounded really appealing so I read the whole thing again. This is my favorite Sedaris. “Six to Eight Black Men” is battling “Santaland” for favorite xmas anecdote, and “Jesus Shaves” got me laughing aloud, which I don’t often do when sitting alone in a room reading.

Be of good cheer.

Library copy

review 2016-12-04 19:50
Review: Merry Christmas, Mr. Miggles by Eli Easton
Merry Christmas, Mr. Miggles - Eli Easton

2nd X-mas (2016) BR with Paul and Sonia

This didn't particularly work for me. I liked the idea. Books is always good and I always loved to go to the library. Just.Just Mr. Miggles didn't work for me. I just kept having this pic in my head.

So not sexy!! I just couldn't connect with Sean Miggles and Toby.
I'm sad. I wish I would've loved this more.