logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: yo-ho-ho-and-a-bottle-of-rum
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-09-24 08:10
Release Boost w/Review - Spin The Bottle

Spin the Bottle by Sara Wylde is available NOW!

“Smart and sexy NA contemporary—like the Goblin King if he starred in a modern day Cruel Intentions. I loved this story!” - USAT Bestselling Author, Virginia Nelson

Amazon → https://amzn.to/2MuENP6

iBooks → https://apple.co/2MXIvxw

B&N(Nook) → http://bit.ly/2BlrVX8

Kobo → http://bit.ly/2Mw25nQ

Jax

I’m a virgin, but I don’t want to be. I just want to get it over with, so I made a list. I held interviews. (I know, I’m a total Type A.) The winner is Sebastian Rathbone. Grade A Beefcake who plays defense for the Grizzlies’ Rugby team. Manwhore extraordinaire. So basically, a professional.

The problem? My best friend, Matt. For some reason, he wanted me to pick him. I’d never choose him because then I’d fall in love and I remember the hell that was middle school. Now that he’s grown into his head and feet, and he is by definition also Grade A Beefcake, there’s even less chance he’d ever feel more than friendship for me. Why put myself through that? I thought I’d locked all of that away until a game of Spin the Bottle makes me doubt everything. Especially the lie I’ve been telling myself about not being in love with my best friend.

Matt

Sebastian Rathbone? Dude. No way. He’s not a bad guy, but he’s not the guy for Jax. If anyone knows the guy for Jax, that’s me. It hurts I wasn’t even consulted. Actually, what bothers me the most is that she didn’t ask me to be the one. To punch her V-Card, I mean. I’m pretty good at what I do, or so I’ve been told. It should be a good memory. Something special. And lemme tell you, Rathboner isn’t going to make it special for anyone. I don’t like it that there’s this part of her she’s going to give to someone else, but I guess I have to get right with it. I’m the best friend. Not the lover. Except when faced with losing her, I’ll have to take a spin on chance just one more time.

ADD TO YOUR TBR → http://bit.ly/2MpE7KF

Spin the Bottle (Fast Times at Ridgemont Hall Book 2)Spin the Bottle by Sara Wylde
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is book #2, in the Fast Times At Ridgemont Hall series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader understanding of the series and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading in order.

Jax and Matt have been best friends. They are close and tell one another everything. When she tells him she is ready to lose her V card, he loses it. Confesses to her she should choose him. She never thought this was an option and just had not considered this.

Matt is frustrated that Jax has a plan to be intimate with another man. He has been lusting over his best friend lately and feels they need to talk about the options. She just is not in the same place. So he has to have a plan......

This is a fun and quirky approach to the best friends become lovers. Each person is quite independent, and must seriously consider if this is a move they want to make. The characters have good banter, and the book goes at a good pace. If you need to feel good and get a smile, this is the right pick me up for you.

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

Start the series today with Truth or Dare

Amazon → https://amzn.to/2Ok0RKk

iBooks → http://bit.ly/2v7NAvI

B&N(Nook) → http://bit.ly/2v7NAvI

Kobo → http://bit.ly/2NJBJLZ

Google Play → http://bit.ly/2NJo6fJ

About the Author:

Sara Wylde is the crackfic! contemporary pen name for PNR/UF author Saranna DeWylde. She rather imagines that all the pen names live in the same dorm in her head and frequently have discussions that look and sound something like an episode of Herman's Head.

Connect with Sara:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theoriginalsarawylde/

Newsletter: http://bit.ly/2LvNeJx

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2JT3eAa

review 2018-09-18 07:06
Chance
Spin the Bottle - Sara Wylde

This is book #2, in the Fast Times At Ridgemont Hall series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader understanding of the series and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading in order.

Jax and Matt have been best friends.  They are close and tell one another everything.  When she tells him she is ready to lose her V card, he loses it.  Confesses to her she should choose him.  She never thought this was an option and just had not considered this.

Matt is frustrated that Jax has a plan to be intimate with another man.  He has been lusting over his best friend lately and feels they need to talk about the options.  She just is not in the same place.  So he has to have a plan......

This is a fun and quirky approach to the best friends become lovers.  Each person is quite independent, and must seriously consider if this is a move they want to make.  The characters have good banter, and the book goes at a good pace.  If you need to feel good and get a smile, this is the right pick me up for you.  I give this story a 3/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

review 2018-09-15 05:42
Spin the Bottle (Fast Times at Ridgemont Hall Book 2) by Sara Wylde
Spin the Bottle - Sara Wylde

Spin the Bottle explores a time when complicated seemed simple and responsibilities were as far off as the horizon.  Wylde journeys back to a time of teen angst and young love. Matt and Jax are learning how to navigate emotional entanglements, as they blossom from youth to adulthood. At stake is a friendship neither wants to live without and feelings that each find it hard to explore.  It's a nostalgic ride into the past to find a chance at a future. A sweet coming of age tale that banks everything on reaching the heart.

review 2017-10-02 15:45
The Bottle Stopper (The Paper Duchess #1)
The Bottle Stopper (The Paper Duchess Book 1) - Angeline Trevena

An excellent story and a creative world dreamed up by author Trevena. The reader can't help but empathize with the main character, Maeve, and her dire circumstances dealing with her evil Uncle Lou. Her tribulations are many, but so is her quick thinking. Maeve takes the cruelest acts against her and tries in her way to make them right. Revenge, but in a unique and twisted way. The descriptions of the people she meets, her friend, and the places she visits are deeply cultivated within the rich world that the author ables us to see and feel. The stairs leading up to a better place may not be the stairway to heaven after all. The winding plot gets thicker, as more revelations push Maeve into drastic situations requiring extreme measures. There is a lot of bad happening in this dystopian world, not only for Maeve. Still, there is hope, and the twist, in the end, will give hope. It also leads well into the next story. You'll want to pick up the next in the series. Well written and provoking book, I recommend you read the series.

review 2017-07-21 00:00
Terror at Bottle Creek
Terror at Bottle Creek - Watt Key Terror at Bottle Creek was a random grab from the kid's section of the library. I didn't even read the back. Just look at it, thought "Ooh, kid's horror!" and stuffed it into my bag. It wasn't until I was halfway through the book, and had realized this probably wasn't what I was thinking it was, that I bothered to read the back.

Watt Key spins a gripping, believable tale of three kids' fight for survival in the midst of a hurricane. I have never been in a hurricane (one of the benefits of living far inland) but I was definitely caught up in the kids' tale. It seems like sometimes no matter how much you prepare, whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.
image

As Cort struggled desperately to keep Liza and her kid sister Francie safe, I was mentally cheering him on. When they were trapped in the elevated position (trying not to give anything away here), my skin was crawling! I was right there with them, freaking out at the idea of dealing with what Cort was dealing with. And the hogs? Don't even get me started!
image

This wasn't a horror, but it was a horrible situation in it's own right. Terror at Bottle Creek is a drama-filled kid's thriller that had me on the edge of my seat. While not normally the type of book I would pick out, I was unable to tear my eyes away from the story.

Terror at Bottle Creek is a adventure-thriller that I would recommend even to adults. A solidly told, engaging tale that is the perfect quick read on a rainy day.