logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
The One-Straw Revolution: An Introduction to Natural Farming (New York Review Books Classics) - Masanobu Fukuoka
by: (author)
5.00 10
Call it “Zen and the Art of Farming” or a “Little Green Book,” Masanobu Fukuoka’s manifesto about farming, eating, and the limits of human knowledge presents a radical challenge to the global systems we rely on for our food. At the same time, it is a spiritual memoir of a man whose innovative system of cultivating the earth reflects a deep faith in the wholeness and balance of the natural world. As Wendell Berry writes in his preface, the book “is valuable to us because it is at once practical and philosophical. It is an inspiring, necessary book about agriculture because it is not just about agriculture.” Trained as a scientist, Fukuoka rejected both modern agribusiness and centuries of agricultural practice, deciding instead that the best forms of cultivation mirror nature’s own laws. Over the next three decades he perfected his so-called “do-nothing” technique: commonsense, sustainable practices that all but eliminate the use of pesticides, fertilizer, tillage, and perhaps most significantly, wasteful effort.Whether you’re a guerrilla gardener or a kitchen gardener, dedicated to slow food or simply looking to live a healthier life, you will find something here—you may even be moved to start a revolution of your own.
Format: paperback
ISBN: 9781590173138 (1590173139)
ASIN: 1590173139
Publisher: NYRB Classics
Pages no: 200
Edition language: English
Bookstores:
Community Reviews
So many books...so little time
So many books...so little time rated it
5.0 The One-Straw Revolution: An Introduction to Natural Farming (New York Review Books Classics)
Every once in a while, we chance upon a book that we finish it in one sitting, and wonder why we did not find it earlier. Every once in a while, we chance upon a book that makes us think "Exactly how does any one else not think like this?". A book that introduces a new paradigm.. a new dimension to ...
On shelves