logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Discussion: February's Reading Challenge ~ It's All About the Love
back to group
February's Reading Challenge ~ It's All About the Love

This month you will read:

1 ~ a book with the word love (or variation) in the title.

2 ~ a book by an author you love.

3 ~ a book which you read because you loved the cover or title.

4 ~ a book with a character who sacrifices for love (of person, country, ideal, etc.)

Now let's go out and get some love in our lives!
I'm reading Una LaMarche's YA love story Like No Other.
Reply to post #2 (show post):

That's an author I'm not familiar with. I'll be interested in what you think of the book.
The book I read because I loved the cover: the lovely Splintered!
Reply to post #4 (show post):

I saw your review, Hyzie.

I read that book about a year ago, because I loved the cover, too!
Eep, I'm slackin! I haven't picked my book for February and its a short month! ;0)
Reply to post #6 (show post):

You have over half the month left! 19 days, to be exact.

Plenty of time. :)
I read a book by an author that I love.

Holiday at the Dew Drop Inn
I was going to say I chose to read but in fact the book I read was by an author I really, really like and choice had little to do with it. This was more of a 'must read...right now!!!' situation. I read Rise & Fall by Charlie Cochet it's the 4th book in her THIRDS series and it was AMAZING!!!!! (In case your wondering, I really, really liked it).
Review
Reply to post #9 (show post):

I just read your review. You reallllllllly did like it!!!!
Reply to post #10 (show post):

Yeah, just a little...Oh hells yeah!!! I love That series and can't wait for the next book to come out ;-)
I'm adding this one because this whole book just ended up being about love for me. It was my first read for this author and by the end of the book I knew there was no way it would be my last Dani Alexander is not an autobuy for me. I just finished reading her book Shattered Glass and I loved it and in the book one of the MCs sacrificed so much for a young man that he considered to be his brother. There wasn't anything that he wouldn't do to take care of his brother (friend).

Review
Reply to post #12 (show post):

That's kind of a hard prompt. Kudos for finding a book to fit it!
I only got one of the prompts this month - the fourth one. Magic Strikes by Kate Daniels. My review is here. The final fight at the pit was quite a sacrifice, I think. And it was definitely for Curran. :)
Reply to post #14 (show post):

I'm impressed! I thought that prompt might be a hard one.
Need help?