logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Discussion: July 2018 Read: The Inner Life of Cats: The Science and Secrets of Our Mysterious Feline Companions
created by: Murder by Death
back to group back to club
The Inner Life of Cats: The Science and Secrets of Our Mysterious Feline Companions - Thomas McNamee
Reading start: 2018-06-10
Reading finish: 2018-07-08
This is the thread for our discussions - might be the only thread in the group I'll encourage cattiness in the conversations. ;-)

Remember to turn on your notifications!
Thanks for the reminder -- I'd plain have forgotten again. I do every single time!
I just found this out by accident yesterday - if you go to the discussion group home page, that lists all the threads, where it says:

Notifications - new posts from all discussions: yes manual

and choose Yes, then you get:

all notification only none

and choose either notification only or all, then I think that automatically turns notifications on for every new thread in the group. Then if there's a read you're sitting out of, you would just have to worry about turning that thread off. This is going to make my life easier as I always forget to turn them on too.
Are you participating in this read TA?
I am. I've got the print version, but judging by a first sneak peek, the tone seems to be somewhat on the chatty side, so I might give the audio a try as well.

FWIW, I set notifications to "all" via the group page a while ago, but somehow I still seem to have to set individual discussions threads to "all" nevertheless. Weird ...
Reply to post #6 (show post):

Ah, bummer. I thought I'd licked that for good. Guess I'll have to keep reminding myself to turn them on too.
I ended up buying the ebook, since my library didn't have a copy. Started last week, but I haven't had a lot of reading time the last few days.
Need help?