lol I am imagining the scene!
A Voracious Reader 7 years ago
My 15-yr-old said, "The books have gotten more violent, Harry's dropping the F-bomb more and more and now THIS?!" LOL
Archer's Asylum 7 years ago
I know dat scene... They won't be scarred
A Voracious Reader 7 years ago
It isn't the first sex scene they've heard, but it is the most graphic. You've read it? Is there more I need to be on the alert for?
Archer's Asylum 7 years ago
Not that I remember. The violence and language is a lot more adult now because Harry isn't a bright young thing any more. He's been broken.
I don't remember a lot of sex but it does get more brutal, Big Beardy got it right poor Harry is very broken
Archer's Asylum 7 years ago
I remember three distinct sex scenes in the entire series so far. One with Ms Rodriguez handcuffed to the ceiling, one on the stone table in Faery that all the never never could see.... and the one in this book. Skin game is by far the most graphic.
A Voracious Reader 7 years ago
Thanks for letting me know. Violence they can handle, but I'd really rather wait until they're older for the sex part. At least graphicly descriptive sex. The scenes with Susan and Mab weren't all that graphic though the jist is definitely got. lol This scene though, whew! And we all understand that Harry is much much darker now. It's a progression that has me worried where he's heading when this series ends. I'd like to say that Butcher is doing a wonderful deftly handled job of showing what happens when power corrupts and Harry's struggle to stay human. I wish Laurell Hamilton had done as much with Anita Blake.
Archer's Asylum 7 years ago
Butcher has the series planned to be 23 books long, ending with an apocalypse trilogy. So far we are 15 novels in.... Lots to do yet
A Voracious Reader 7 years ago
I had heard of 20 or so, but the trilogy at the end is new to me. Glad to hear Harry will be around a bit longer. :)
Archer's Asylum 7 years ago

Q. How many books is Jim writing for the Dresden Files?
A. 23ish: 20ish “case books,” like those we’ve seen so far, plus a 3-book apocalyptic trilogy. Book #16, Peace Talks does not have a release date yet, but we predict it may arrive late 2015/early 2016.