I assumed the little green checkmark meant author. I've seen it on author's accounts. I could be wrong, though.
AnnaLund2011 8 years ago
Ah, that might make sense. Thanks!
OstensiblyA 8 years ago
I think it might also mean 'official account' like verified accounts on Twitter since the Booklikes blog has a check mark, too.
AnnaLund2011 8 years ago
I see. That also makes sense. I keep seeing it all over the place, now I'll take more notice, to see to what it is stuck.
Glad you left. ;-) LOL, was surprised to see you there (I didn't even >.
AnnaLund2011 8 years ago
heh, I thought it was... but it wasn't. at all. now I'm in the right one! and I see lots of people walking into the wrong one, too bad you can't see when they quit a group, you only see when they join one.
It was the name. :(
Kaia 8 years ago
If you hover your mouse over the check mark, it'll tell you. It means 'verified'.
AnnaLund2011 8 years ago
oh bloody hell this hovering shit again. that is HELL on an iPad, js. lol thanks!
Batgrl: Bookish Hooha 8 years ago
I forget the hovering part too! Also I was just wondering about the check marks myself.
BrokenTune 8 years ago
It is a little odd how there is the friend/follow reviews options create more hesitation than the BL follow option. Also, on GR I would not necessarily follow/request friendship status (though I indiscriminantly would accept them) if our book comparison did not show many similarities. Now I feel I missed out as I really enjoy reading blogs etc. of the people I'm following here and many have completely different tastes when it comes to books. Anyone else have a similar experience?
AnnaLund2011 8 years ago
Exactly the same feeling. Is is simply that it feels more friendly over here on Booklikes?
Batgrl: Bookish Hooha 8 years ago
Me too. I always tried to follow people who actually were reading very different things, just so I'd hear about new books. I feel like I should have done that more - so I'm liking the diversity of reading choices everyone has here.
Tackling Mt. TBR 8 years ago
I definitely feel more comfortable following people here and actually commenting on their stuff. I think the whole vibe here is just different and that has what added to the change in my
comfort levels. I also joined a group that appears to only want people to say nice things. I had to leave, I like to hear varying opinions.
BrokenTune 8 years ago
Yeah, what's the point in only making nice comments? I'm with you on hearing varying opinions.
If we're thinking of the same group, I've been wondering if the person meant "respectful" rather than "nice"? I don't recall 'knowing' the group admin, which I thought odd for the group but... *shrug*

Don't know about y'all but I can't commit to that blanket condition. Who knows what circumstances may arise in future?
Agree, the vibe here is different, perhaps because it is still a small community and we made the choice to be here (rather than GR being the only option). I'm really enjoying the chance to meet some interesting, thoughtful people. Glad you are making the jump.
AnnaLund2011 8 years ago