Great Imaginations 8 years ago
I am so happy for you. I think I will be deleting mine too. I just want to get all my reviews set and formatted first. I am definitely not using it. Basically I am trying to break up with Goodreads but it is hard to say goodbye. I want the ugly out of my life too though. Once my profile is gone, those fuckers can't call me a Goodreads bully cuz I am not there anymore. :D
Archer's Asylum 8 years ago
Honestly? I don't give a flying fuck if they call me a bully anymore. It's all horse shit anyhow. I was just sick of all the two-faced, schoolyard bullshit. Getting the email to say my shelf supports stgrb and due to author had been deleted when all I did on those was catalogue books I had no interest in reading because of those reasons, was the straw that broke the camels back. I'd all but stopped using GR as anything but a way to keep in touch with people anyway. The fun had gone from it.
Archer's Asylum 8 years ago
Glad you and Lyn are here and on FB though. Aside from Kat, Steph and a few other people I didn'te really interact with anyone else on a regular basis on there any way lol. And most of them are on here now too.
Great Imaginations 8 years ago
Yup, same. Everyone I care about is either here or on Facebook or Twitter. I don't need Goodreads. The only thing it is good for is publishing dates and publishers.
Therapeutic and relaxing. I had no idea you had shelves deleted, dude.
Archer's Asylum 8 years ago
Yeah two shelves and about 6 reviews that literally said "my reasons are my own"
I am feeling better about this move, now that I understand the site. I sent a Tweet drectly to Goodreads, pointing out that they forgot to remove my Author is a Bully shelf. Suck on it.
Archer's Asylum 8 years ago
I deleted my entire account after I downloaded my database. One less user for them to quote in numbers.
Great Imaginations 8 years ago
LOL @ Lyn for tweeting Goodreads that. Glad you are both here.
Archer's Asylum 8 years ago
This is the only real option. Shelfari is crammed full of bba's promoting their shit and playing the victim. Librarything has a library cap of 200 books before you need to pay... At least here it can be a somewhat open forum and can be used as a micro logging platform to boot.
Archer's Asylum 8 years ago