Debbie's Spurts 7 years ago
What a sign of your intelligence!
Archer's Asylum 7 years ago
I know... I feel like I've been accepted to a very elite club of people with integrity lol
Indie Angie 7 years ago
My grandma is the same way. At least, Meemaw doesn't publish unedited books, so there's that.
Archer's Asylum 7 years ago
Your meemaw is banned by ann rice..? Damn, that's one gangsta granny!
Ach. Consider it a badge of honour. I disagreed with her on the Amazon forums and she called me 'vulgar, spiteful and vicious' and told me she was putting me on ignore.

I think the 'vulgar' was due to me calling Rick Carufel a tedious old fart.
Archer's Asylum 7 years ago
But he is a tedious old fart...

Honesty = vulgarity now...

Good to know
Debbie's Spurts 7 years ago
Well, she's been around the forums and reviews on amazon long enough to know that "spiteful" and "moron" are two phrases that do get noticed by the bots and are good phrases to use when reporting abusive content. Can get crap shut down quickly until human-eyeballed or appealed.

I was abusive for answering one commenter that if they didn't see a flag option to report something to goodreads that they should email support@goodreads.com.
Spare Ammo 7 years ago
She called me a blood sucking parasite. I was crushed until I remembered that she made her fortune writing about blood sucking parasites. I think she loooooves me.
Archer's Asylum 7 years ago
I didn't get called names. I just got banned like a gangster bully.
So glad I can like posts here, as I loved your 'blood sucking parasite' comment. :-)
Debbie's Spurts 7 years ago
Tee heh! I can see the libel case now where Carufel would try to convince the judge that not only was he not a tedious old fart but that when you expressed that opinion you were not truthfully expressing your opinion. Your testimony: "Your honor, I swear, it's the absolute truth and nothing but the truth that I still believe he is a tedious old fart and firmly believed the same at the time I expressed that opinion."
7 years ago
Spare Ammo, that comment cracked me up. :)
Spare Ammo 7 years ago
Told you she didn't like being called Annie.
Archer's Asylum 7 years ago
I think it's more the fact I called her a hypocrite
Is she still writing those "I ♡ STGRB" posts? Cuz nothin' says I hate cyber-bullying more than supporting a site that profiles and bashes people with half truths, nasty language and personal insults on the internet. Waaaay to go Anne Rice!

So what did you say that got you banned?
Archer's Asylum 7 years ago
She is and my comments are screenshot here

I can't even remember what she said about me - something like I was unreliable because I mocked poor grammar.

I will never join that club. I look at her FB page, laugh, and don't even bother commenting. Why spend the time on someone who won't even listen to the other POV?
The Surly Dragon 7 years ago
My examples of that site's spewage were too dense for poor Annie to read. She probably stopped reading though when she saw my post that stated she wasn't one of my favorite authors and she couldn't wrap her minuscule brain around that fact.
Spare Ammo 7 years ago
Nothing's quite as dense as Annie.
Archer's Asylum 7 years ago
Oh I dunno. I was once fed a fruitcake....
Spare Ammo 7 years ago
I am tired of everybody bullying the fruitcake. A well-made fruitcake is a thing of heavenly deliciousness, well worth 5 stars and/or 5 lbs (for eating a slice).
Can't we all just agree that the fruitcake is ugly, to say nothing of its deliciousness?
7 years ago
Well, the fruitcake IS damn ugly.
See, Char's on board! And everyone who disagrees with us is just being gangsta.
Bark at the Ghouls 7 years ago
or filth, or a monster, or a big, fat, ugly troll! I'm calling dibs on monster. I like that one.
Look, let's just call them some disgusting name that mocks a whole group of people. That is the most anti-bully move we can make here, people!
Debbie's Spurts 7 years ago
Un-grokking?
7 years ago
LMAO I un-grok you! ( Not that I ever grokked you in the first place!)
(Directed at the fruitcake, not at you Debbie, just to be clear!)
Hey! Enough of the fruitcake dissing. A slice of fruitcake and a sliver of Wensleydale cheese is the food of the gods.
Archer's Asylum 7 years ago
No a slice of GOOD fruitcake with a nice cheese is the food of the gods. A bad, dry, bitter fruitcake is an abomination that needs to be stricken from the face of the Earth
7 years ago
There are kinds that are NOT bad, dry and bitter? ;)
Archer's Asylum 7 years ago
Yeah. Ones that have been made properly... with alcohol.
I make my Christmas fruitcake in October and feed it every week with brandy. By Christmas it is definitely not bad, dry or bitter.
October? That's leaving it late. I always did mine around August lol
Anne Rice Block Button = NAH NAH NAH, I CAN'T HEAR YOU.
Best translation ever
Debbie's Spurts 7 years ago
and the Ctrl-block button = TOO DENSE FOR ME
Archer's Asylum 7 years ago
Her and that fucking word. If it requires even a modicum of thought it's dense