6 years ago
No, you're not the last one. :)
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
Glad I'm not alone! Find the Wil Wheaton audio if you ever have the urge. He did a great job.
SilverThistle 6 years ago
Great review! I loved this one too :D
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
Thanks. It really surprised me. I never seem to like over hyped books but this one worked, just took a little while :)
SilverThistle 6 years ago
I'm a notorious Hyped book disliker but I think I must have got to this one before the hype started as it slipped through effortlessly :D
Nope not the last, I have not read it. I got it once from the library ran out of time returned and forgot about it.
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
I stopped picking up anything but audio's from the library because it was an exercise in frustration.
This was my favorite book of 2011! Loved, loved, loved it. I've re-read it once since then. Did you see that Armada comes out this July 14th? Great review!
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
It's not a sequel to this one is it? I thought this ended perfectly.
Nope, not a squeal, although I hear rumors that a sequel is in the works. Not sure why--you're right, RPO was perfect as a stand alone novel...one of the reasons I enjoyed it as much as I did. Armada is actually the author's sophomore novel that fans of RPO have been looking forward to for a couple of years now. It looks like it's going to be similar to that 80's movie classic "The Last Starfighter." You have to be a pretty big 80's apologist/video game nerd to appreciate how much fun Ernest Cline is to read!
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
Sounds good to me. I loved the movie as a tween but Beastmaster was always my favorite.
My Never Ending List 6 years ago
Nope, you're not the last one. It looks like there are quite a few of us. And now, I am quite intrigue again. Thanks!
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
I recommend the audio, if you like those.
It's a Mad Mad World 6 years ago
Never read it, frankly not even sure I heard of it...I think...
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
Glad I'm not alone. It was one of those books all of the non obsessive readers (one book a year types) were pushing on me a year or two ago. I tend to steer clear of them but found a free audio copy at Overdrive and figured, why not?
Bob @ Beauty in Ruins 6 years ago
I enjoyed it, but I likely would have given up halfway through were it not for all the 80s nostalgia.
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
Yeah, same here. If I weren't listening on audio I probably would've put it down and avoided it early on.
Great review! I really enjoyed this book with all the 80's nostalgia. :)
Your not the last - i totally DNF'd it and never picked it up again, doubt i will either, its probably a good book but theres better more exciting things for me to read.