Chris' Fish Place 6 years ago
I live with worse
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
I haven't read any of these :( And I have four giant bins stuffed so full they won't close and a stuffed bookshelf upstairs.
A Throne of Books 6 years ago
I'm not sure what your plan is for them but let me know when you're done. Maybe I can buy some of them off of you or something! Then again I have books to read all over my house so that may be a bad plan. :p
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
I'll keep you updated. I may drop a bunch at my local UBS. I've already donated 12 bags to The a Salvation Army this year. Now I'm left with the tough decisions and there's a lot of them, . .
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
You guys are my kind of people! I'm kind of excited to see what's in there too.
Every day on my way home I drive by a huge sign advertising a huge used book sale happening at the end of October. I have forbidden myself to go unless I do some purging first. I definitely feel your pain.
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
Don't do it. I worked next to a UBS for years. I spent every lunch hour scouring the shelves and could never leave empty handed. That's how this mess began . . .
Sarah's Library 6 years ago
I know it'll make more work for you, but if you happened to have the time could you post a list of any books that you aren't keeping? I would be interested in buying them from you (and of course paying the shipping).
Are you in U.S.?
Sarah's Library 6 years ago
No, that's why I specifically offered to pay the shipping, because I know it'll be expensive.
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
I'm afraid if I start doing that I won't get anywhere with the decluttering :( I tend to get caught up in lists and forget all about my mission. In the past I've tried selling some, bookcrossing some, giving some away, etc but I never seem to get anywhere with that. My library is having a big book sale next weekend so I'll probably bring a bunch over there and just get them gone. However, if I decide not to do that and go the list route I will definitely let you all know.
Olga Godim 6 years ago
Love the look of the old bookcase. It pulls me in. There are some elves hiding inside for sure.
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
My husband made it when he was in high school for his mom but she had to move to a smaller place and now it's mine :) I'd love to move it upstairs when I get it looking presentable but the thing is enormous!
LunaLuss 6 years ago
Amazing..
Scary!
LunaLuss 6 years ago
I want scary then !
You shouldn't be ashamed! That looks like pure happiness to me. I'd love to dig around in there and see whats there. I'd toolove to see a list of books you didn't want to keep.
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
It does embarrass me a bit. I think of all of the money I would have in the bank if I hadn't spent so much on books that I've never read! If I do end up going the list route with some of them you all will be the first to know.
Ah but think of the joy you got out of them, totally worth the investment
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
:) I am looking forward to picking through them. I'm sure I'll find some long forgotten treasures.
Rane Aria 6 years ago
What a beautiful sight! But it's always nice to do a little purging and cleaning a lesson I learned when my cat knocked down half my books on the floor so he could sleep on the shelf. A rule of thumb I go by, if I don't read the book in a year that isn't on my keeper shelf. I trade it in for something I want ie: another book I will read asap or cash to buy my craft supplies. That way my TBR pile stays somewhat in check.
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
That's a good plan. When I get my numbers down to a reasonable lesson I will only buy books I want to right away.
6 years ago
I've heard that that Elizabeth Engstrom book When Darkness Loves Us is killer. Just so you know.
I would be happy to come take all of those books off your shelves. :)
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
And this is why I have such a hard time letting go ;) Maybe I'll just save my money, wait for the kids to move and build myself a dream library in their rooms.
6 years ago
Now THAT'S an idea!
I want to dig through them too. :D
Have you seen the igloo somebody made out of their old books ? -http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2012/04/a-dome-of-books/
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
That's cool. I could even hide in there to read!
Bonus ! Art project and reading hole