Ooooouch! I hope you feel better.
Bark at the Ghouls 5 years ago
Thanks Grim :)
Escape from the ER 5 years ago
Let me guess....you're barefoot, right? Putting on socks is like trying to stroll up Everest. Hope there's someone to wait on you. Hang in there!
Bark at the Ghouls 5 years ago
Close! I'm in flip-flops. My kids and husband are helping me out but the house is a disaster. My poor husband probably has internal bruising from me grabbing his arm for dear life as he tried to help me get off the bed. Today the spasms have stopped but now every muscle in my back is fatigued.
Bark at the Ghouls 5 years ago
Thanks. I'd rather give birth again than go through this. At least the meds for that pain worked and worked fast ;)
Bark at the Ghouls 5 years ago
Thanks O!
Midu Reads 5 years ago
Feel better soon!
Ouch. Been there -- hope it'll be better again really, really soon!
I'm so sorry! I hope you get better soon.
Bark at the Ghouls 5 years ago
Thanks everyone. I wish there was some magical exercise that could prevent this from happening every six months :(
Murder by Death 5 years ago
There might be? Back pain is a totally individual thing; it's different for everyone and so are the solutions. But, upon moving to AU, I discovered that here when someone hurts themselves (back, knees, joints, etc.) they go to the physical therapist first, not the MD.

Maybe you've already done that and I'm preaching to the choir, but just in case, I thought I'd mention it. The exercises don't always solve the problem, but for one of my back issues (lower back, cranky disc), the PT gave me two things to do that worked miracles for me so now, if I feel the warning signs, I can stave off the spasms with the exercises.

Hope you find relief soon!
My Never Ending List 5 years ago
:( Sending you happy thoughts, wishing I could do more but you are in my thoughts and hope you feel better soon.
Olga Godim 5 years ago
Back pain is horrible. If you have a pure wool scarf or sweater (100% wool, the scratchier the better) wrap it around the area that hurts. The best muscle relaxant I know, if you keep it there long enough.
Hooked on Books 5 years ago
I'm sorry you're feeling awful : ( & hope you get better soon!
Mystereity 5 years ago
Hope you're feeling better soon!