Rane Aria 5 years ago
*big tight hugs* I'm so very sorry, I lost my old dog this year and just appreciate how awesome he was and all the love he gave me in some very tough years...
So sorry to hear about your loss, too. It's heartbreaking to see them go, but at least our wonderful memories of our beloved pets remain ours forever!
Bark at the Ghouls 5 years ago
Hugs back at you Rane. I'm sorry for the loss of your dog. It's so hard to lose them. This will be my third and it never gets any easier.
What a sweet, sad post. Every pet owner knows where you are right now -- here's a big (((hug))) to you and Buddy with all my sympathy. Such a beautiful dog!! I hope he'll be with you a long while yet, but I also hope he won't be suffering too much at the end. And I do know he's had, and still has, the best life any dog (or other pet) could wish for!
Bark at the Ghouls 5 years ago
Thank you Themis-Athena. As sad as it is, at least we know it's coming and we will not prolong his agony to make ourselves feel better. So far, he has no ill health effects, besides the awful seizures, but he keeps bouncing back from those. As long as he's feeling good, we're going to enjoy our time with him.
Bark at the Ghouls 5 years ago
Thank you OBD.
Huggs
Bark at the Ghouls 5 years ago
TeaStitchRead 5 years ago
((HUGS)) So sorry to read about your dog's medical condition.
Bark at the Ghouls 5 years ago
Thanks so much :)
Portable Magic 5 years ago
What a lovely tribute to your big buddy. It's true, their lives are too short for the joy and love they bring us.
BrokenTune 5 years ago
I'm so sorry to hear. Hugs.
What a sadly beautiful post. How lucky you two were to find each other and hugs to everyone as you go through this transition. It never gets easier, make sure to wrap up in the remembered love you and your dog shared and the support of of your family and friends. Sneak him an extra cuddle for me and an extra-extra treat from my dog.
Jessica (HDB) 5 years ago
Aw, Barks. *hugs* He's so lucky to have you.
5 years ago
What a depressing story,Buddy is a beautiful dog and I empathize with you more than you know.
I'm sorry to hear about this. :(
Oh sweetheart, I'm so sorry. It's nature's cruellest trick that they live such short lives - but you have the comfort of knowing that your Buddy has lived well-loved. He'll tell you when it's time; in the meanwhile, treasure every moment and give him an extra cuddle from me.
Familiar Diversions 5 years ago
I'm so sorry. He sounds like a sweetie. My kitty will be getting a hug today in his honor (she likes hugs, so this is a good thing). I'm glad you've had as many years with him as you've had, but I know it's never enough.
Mike Finn 5 years ago
I'm sorry that you both have to go through this. My labrador, Josh, lived for 15 years. He died in 2008 and I still miss him.
Jennifer's Books 5 years ago
I am so sorry to hear this. :( Losing a pet is so hard. I had a shi-tzu who lived to be about 16, and when he passed, he did so in my arms. One of the hardest things I've ever done. *hugs* to you and Buddy.
JL's Bibliomania 5 years ago
Hugs to you and ear-ruffles to Buddy.
YouKneeK 5 years ago
I’m so sorry about Buddy. He sounds like a wonderful and funny dog!
Bark at the Ghouls 5 years ago
Thank you everyone for the kind words. They really mean the world to me. You are truly a special group of people. It's been a rough week.
Murder by Death 5 years ago
I'm lagging behind but I'm so damn sorry; I wish so much that animals didn't have to suffer. I wish I could hug the stuffing out of Buddy, but since I can't, all my cats (and maybe one of the chickens - the nice one) will be getting extra hugs today. Let us know if we can help. ::hugs:: to you too.
Bark at the Ghouls 5 years ago
Heehee, please hug that chicken :) When I retire or hit the lotto I am getting a flock of my own to hug.
Telly Says..... 5 years ago
I am so sorry. I just lost my 19yo rat terrier in August to a brain tumor. Those seizures suck, bad. Lots of hugs and white light being sent. With your permission I will put Buddy on my daily reiki list.
Bark at the Ghouls 5 years ago
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. The seizures are terrible and scary but my vet tells me he isn't in any pain or even aware of them when they happen. That, at least, is a relief. He is so confused when they're over though, poor thing. Fortunately, someone is almost always home at my house to comfort him. Thank you for putting him on your reiki list!
Line Bookaholic 5 years ago
This is truly sad, I'm so sorry for you. He sounds like an amazing dog and it seems he's had a wonderful life. I lost my dog last year and it was a really rough time, for everyone and for the other pets as well (they were king of lost without him). I wish I could give him a big hug!
Bark at the Ghouls 5 years ago
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. My other dog Bailey is going to be lost. We've been keeping them apart for the little bits of time when someone isn't home in case he has a seizure and he freaks out. While I was at the vet the other day with Buddy, my family told me Bailey sat and waited by the front door for two hours occasionally crying and whining. :(
Person Of Interest 5 years ago
So very sorry you'll be losing your much loved family member, Bark. He looks like such a sweet, gentle soul. Belly rubs and doggy treats to Buddy, and I sincerely hope you'll have many moments to cherish mixed in with the tough ones to come.
Line Bookaholic 5 years ago
This is so sad :(
I am truly sorry to hear about Buddy's medical condition. I wish him a lot of good days! I lost the last of my dogs, Leão, not two months ago, and I knew it was coming. I had been going with him to the vet for almost a year now, and I still wasn't prepared for it. If he had make it to December, he would be fifteen. He was part Labrador.
The time we spend with them is just too little.
Bark at the Ghouls 5 years ago
I am so sorry you've lost your last dog :( As much as you mentally prepare yourself for it, you're never fully prepared.
These last few years have been tough. There was a time I had five dogs all at once. Not to mention that in 2002, with six pups, their mother, and the brothers Leão and Tigre...it has been too much.
With Leão, the vet isn't an apologist of vitamins and things like that, so she even made me give him some drops of salmon oil to help the brain, and something that was supposedly anti-cancer just to help improve his physical condition. And for a while it did. But his problems were lung related, and as if that wasn't enough, he got Leishmaniose in his last months.
I wish with all my heart that Buddy's condition improves.
Rachel's books 5 years ago
So sorry. Thinking about you and wishing plenty of sunny days for the time that's left.
Bark at the Ghouls 5 years ago
Thank you Rachel. He had a good weekend :)