Bark at the Ghouls 8 years ago
Cute but oh-so-evil! I tell him every day that he is lucky he's so cute and he purrs. I swear he understands everything I say. I have four cats and he's the only one like this.
And I thought my cat is - let´s call it active, lol! At least my purse was safe till now. Oh, and my cat has red hair so you can imagine his temper...
Bark at the Ghouls 8 years ago
Hee, hee. Beware your purse. Once the zipper is figured out all hope is lost.
Drea's Book Fetish 8 years ago
Patrick may have an inferiority complex, with your other cats/ dogs. They tend to act out. Do you have a high/ tall cat tree or a place he can climb up high and feel a little more in charge of his surroundings? Haha, I saw that on My Cat from Hell Once. lol. He has some tips on his website too http://jacksongalaxy.com/my-cat-from-hell/
Bark at the Ghouls 8 years ago
We do have a large cat tree with 5 perches and a little house. He likes to perch on the highest one and survey everything that is going on. I'm going to check out that site because I need help ASAP! This morning he crawled up into the Christmas tree and nearly hung himself. He's crazy.
Stumbling Over Chaos 8 years ago
Love & Hisses recommends covering cords with split loom tubing (available at home improvement stores). None of the sprays have kept May away from cords, but she's not as dedicated as Patrick.
Drea's Book Fetish 8 years ago
Dedicated ahahaha
Bark at the Ghouls 8 years ago
Thanks, I think I'm going to have to go that route. He's just unstoppable and 100% dedicated to his work.
Stumbling Over Chaos 8 years ago
Oh, I'm too lazy to fix my premature enter issue there. :D Chaos is pretty destructive - he's toppled giant cd racks, broken pottery, and opens cupboards and drawers. The toilet paper is secured in tupperware under the bathroom sink or he'd shred it to confetti. Etc. (Chaos just turned 10... years old.
Bark at the Ghouls 8 years ago
ONO, I was hoping he'd grow out of this in a few months ;) We've had to make a toilet paper cover out of fabric and velcro to save the roll in the bathroom. It's ugly as hell but it works to discourage him. The rest is hidden in a closet along with the paper towels. He's also a shredder . . . I lost my iron this morning when he bit through the 1" cord. I'm about to lose my mind!
Stumbling Over Chaos 8 years ago
I have the toilet paper in a tupperware container because not only will Chaos shred it if it's on the holder, but he'll also open the vanity and shred it if I try to hide it in there...
Bark at the Ghouls 8 years ago
That's a good idea. He hasn't figured out how to paw open the closet door yet but he has huge double paws that he puts to good use so I'm sure it won't be long now.
Stumbling Over Chaos 8 years ago
I have childproof locks on any cabinet that has potentially dangerous stuff in it, plus on all the closets...
Bark at the Ghouls 8 years ago
These beasts are worse than toddlers because they don't grow out of it!
Stumbling Over Chaos 8 years ago
Bark at the Ghouls 8 years ago
Thanks, I ordered some Bitter Apple but will try the lemon juice today. I also have some flower essences around which I will try out. My daughter decided she wanted to get in the holiday spirit early and put up the tree and he's managed to destroy 3 (supposedly) unbreakable ornaments and has climbed inside the tree and nearly hung himself on the lights which I promptly removed. He's ridiculous.