Bark at the Ghouls 7 years ago
I'd go with Odd Thomas. That's my #1 by Koontz.
7 years ago
I would go with Watchers, which was my favorite. :)
Excellent review, B & B. You're right about never knowing which Dean Koontz is going to show up.
Bark at the Ghouls 7 years ago
Watchers is a great book. It was the first book I've read by Koontz and I fell in love with his writing and Einstein.
7 years ago
I sure did love Einstein. :)
Familiar Diversions 7 years ago
I loved the first Odd Thomas book, and I think at least one of the ones after, but I quit reading it after Odd Hours. I need to try more Koontz sometime.
Bark at the Ghouls 7 years ago
I just realized I did read Forever Odd (book 2) after thinking I stopped at Odd Thomas. I guess it didn't leave much of an impression on me at all. I actually had to click on my review to make sure I'd read it when I saw it on my shelf at GR.
TeaStitchRead 7 years ago
Odd Thomas stories can also be found in graphic novel format if you like that book form. I bought three for hubby for Christmas because he enjoys the world of Odd Thomas.
Bark at the Ghouls 7 years ago
Ooo, I didn't know that! Thanks for the heads up.
lol. i liked all that YAYs! and i agree about them, so im putting this on my TBR.
for someone who hasnt had much audio experience, do you think i should read or listen to this?
Bark at the Ghouls 7 years ago
It took me quite a long to time to be able to connect with audio's without tuning out. You might do better with the book or borrow the audio from the library and see if it works for you.
Between The Lines 7 years ago
I listened, MacLeod Andrews is high up there on my list of favourite narrators and I liked the story a lot.
Bark at the Ghouls 7 years ago
I'll have to look for more of his work. I'm glad you enjoyed it too.
Bark at the Ghouls 7 years ago
Hope you like it!
Bob @ Beauty in Ruins 7 years ago
Koontz is hit or miss for me too. I like him at his best when he lets his dark side out to play, and doesn't concern himself so much with moralizing or messages.
Bark at the Ghouls 7 years ago
I agree. Those moralizing books drive me insane. This one had a bit of that "message" thing he does but he didn't bang me over the head with it.
7 years ago
I SO agree! This is the main reason that I don't read Koontz anymore. This and the fact that a lot of his work lately has been very formulaic. You know how it's going to end before you even start. I do have to admit to a fondness for Odd though. :)
Bob @ Beauty in Ruins 7 years ago
I only read the first Odd Thomas book. I liked it quite a bit, so I'm not sure why I haven't continued with the series.