Familiar Diversions 7 years ago
Good luck with this one! I like her "big, loud family" romances so much more than her romantic suspense. It made me hesitant to try her J.D. Robb books, and yet I ended up liking those. Maybe because the relationship stuff isn't just limited to one book, so it's not as crowded out by the suspense/mystery aspects?
Bark at the Ghouls 7 years ago
I liked the early JD Robb books but never did finish out the series.
SilverThistle 7 years ago
I've never read anything by Nora but I know lots love her stuff. Maybe that's what's putting me off.

Hope you enjoy this one :)
SilverThistle 7 years ago
Actually, that's a lie, now that I think about it. I have read one of her books. I tried the first Black Dagger Brotherhood book and didn't like it. It wasn't exactly a DNF but it was a close call.
Mariana 7 years ago
Black Dagger Brotherhood is by JR Ward and those are pure cracktastic guilty pleasure. Nora does have a vampire trilogy, but I can't remember which. Her older books were much better. I've yet to like any of the more recent books. But if you want to try any of her contemporary, Montana Sky is my favorite of hers.
SilverThistle 7 years ago
So it is. I was getting mixed up with JD Robb and JR Ward. Maybe that changes things then. I think subconsciously I've been avoiding Nora's books as I associated her with the BDB.
Hmmm, might have to check out your recc's now. Thanks :D
Bark at the Ghouls 7 years ago
Carnal Innocence was one of my favorites.
Mariana 7 years ago
The Chesapeake Bay series was another good one.
Tina's Reading Books 7 years ago
Yeah, her early mass markets were great. She did a series of stand alones I called the Oxymorons because the titles were things like, 'Hot Ice' and 'Private Scandals' and 'Divine Evil' and 'Brazen Virtue' and 'Public Secrets'... well you get the drift. Those were all fun. They were late 80s/early 90s and had a little dash of Jackie Collins/Sydney Sheldon flavor to them.
7 years ago
She's supposed to be a top Romance writer, but the last book I read by her had a very simplistic plot.
Bark at the Ghouls 7 years ago
Yeah, it feels to me like Nora has gone into auto-pilot mode and it makes me sad.
Tina's Reading Books 7 years ago
I pretty much only religiously read the JD Robb stuff. I like the mix of police procedure/romance/futuristic. It pretty much works all over the place for me. I gave up on her trilogies. Too sickly sweet. Her Rom Suspenses are hit or Miss. This one,The Collector, was a solid 3-star. Nothing special, imo, but technically good. OTOH, Witness was a solid 5-star, imo, fantastic. But the one between these two 'Whiskey Beach' I couldn't even make it past chapter 2.
Bark at the Ghouls 7 years ago
Crap.

I loved The Witness. It's one of the reasons I keep picking up these books.
7 years ago
Hope you like it!
Bark at the Ghouls 7 years ago
Thanks, it's too early to judge but the comments here don't bode well.
Bark at the Ghouls 7 years ago
Crap x2
Between The Lines 7 years ago
I have to agree, I did finish but definitely wasn’t one of my favourites. I haven’t really liked anything since The Witness.
Bark at the Ghouls 7 years ago
This does not bode well at all.