Comments: 3
Krazykiwi @ Kiwitopia 7 years ago
Oh my, I've never actually seen the Bob Fossa film (although I've seen all the musical numbers on youtube because Bob Fosse! Thank you so much for this (and for making me dig out my daughters copy of the book.)

Luckily I am exactly the right age to adore early 70's cheese and weirdness, so I am going to sit down with leftover ham sammiches and watch the Little Prince now :)
Batgrl: Bookish Hooha 7 years ago
It is one of those movies that's hard to recommend - so I did my best to repeat the word Cheese a lot - for fear that someone would come back to say "omg WHY did you make me watch THAT?!" It's apparently now a cult film - that's sort of awful yet still fun. But it's still one of those subjective things - you can't be sure who'll like it.

The book is always a good bet, because there's really nothing else quite like it.
Degrees of Affection 7 years ago
The movie looks interesting, I only watched the Gene Wilder Fox segment but I actually liked it. The trailer for the new movie was amazing and I hope we'll see it over here at some point. This book has always been odd for me. I KNOW I read this...but I don't really remember it at all. It's been on my TBR list...maybe this will be the push I need to finally pick it back up.