Yeah, I'm feeling a dice roll.
Nitchslap'd 7 years ago
I would ask if I there is a door-hopper pass I could purchase
Chris' Fish Place 7 years ago
I was wondering if I had a weapon.
Degrees of Affection 7 years ago
That's all but an impossible choice unless you can use another door some other time! Probably narrow it down to Narnia or Hogwarts, though. Wonderland messes with your mind, I've always been slightly weirded out by Neverland, don't care particularly for Camelot or Westeros, and Middle Earth would be cool but I wouldn't feel safe.
Narnia and Hogwarts are also my top two choices.
Batgrl: Bookish Hooha 7 years ago
I actually went off thinking about the safe part - especially since I hadn't even thought about needing a weapon earlier - and just judging by how I play video games, I don't think I'd live long in most worlds. I think my life expectancy would be longest in Hogwarts - except there I'd probably be eaten by a textbook or sucked into a magical vortex, because I will be a Muggle. (The Mary Sue thing only works out if you're the author, I've noticed. So at most I'd hope to be someone's sidekick.)

And yes, the more I think about it - both Neverland and Wonderland are tricky places where you definitely can't ever be sure of what's safe. Might not sound adventurous of me, but since death exists in both of those places - yeah, I'd skip that. Unless I had a heroic friend ready to lead a tour group.
None.

Now, give me a space bridge to Cyberton? I'm so there!
Batgrl: Bookish Hooha 7 years ago
@ Grim Oh I'm thinking if that hallway had those seven doors? You KNOW there's got to be more. And a hidden door in the library shelves. And probably one behind the stove in the kitchen. And a tunnel in the cellar. So I'd think odds would be high that there'd be passages to oodles of places.

@Degrees - see that's why I'd want the house, because I'd not just want one door. Also I'd want to take along a whole party of adventurers because I know I'd not make it solo.

@Fish Place - see I hadn't even thought that far - this is why I'd have to take friends.

@Nitchslap'd - now I'm wondering if there should be a ticket taker before you get to the doors...

@SusannaG - another reason I should bring friends - I have the worst luck with those dice rolls!
Then I am there. Whooo!
Chris' Fish Place 7 years ago
I was thinking I would need it. I mean, really Westeros? I'm dead the minute a toe gets though that door. Hogwarts, I'll just hide behind Hagrid and let Hermonie and McGongell deal with whatever. Now Middle Earth, Bard can just look out for me. Him or Legolas and Gimli.
I'd have to rule out Westeros and Middle Earth as being too dangerous. Camelot is a no-no because the women get pretty short shrift. I've not forgiven Lewis for booting Susan out of Narnia because she grew up, so Narnia is also off the list. I'm another one who was weirded out by Neverland, which leaves me with Hogwarts or Wonderland. And being a bit of an oddball, I think I'll go for Wonderland.
Batgrl: Bookish Hooha 7 years ago
Oh good! You're the one leading the tour group to Wonderland! It's cool, everyone, we've got a leader. I'm right behind you @Books, as soon as I figure out what weapons I can bring. (Wait, are there weapons in Wonderland? Again, it's a tricky place. I'm not sure I can think of what you could use for weaponry there. Brain power maybe?)
Degrees of Affection 7 years ago
Yeah...if nothing else there's the Vorpal blade but I don't want to be anywhere near that!
Nostalgia Reader 7 years ago
Wonderland, definitely.
Olga Godim 7 years ago
Middle Earth. I'd offer myself as a scribe - I'm literate after all. Not many people were in Middle Earth.
Degrees of Affection 7 years ago