Out Of This World
I Should Have Stayed In Bed Um, so get this: Three weeks ago I, Rachel Bond, inherited a bed-and-breakfast. In Alaska. Just this morning I was in my warm bed in LA but now here I am, up north--and this is way north, like nosebleed north--sorting it all out. So: Pros: 1. Bears and wolves and... show more
I Should Have Stayed In Bed
Um, so get this: Three weeks ago I, Rachel Bond, inherited a bed-and-breakfast. In Alaska. Just this morning I was in my warm bed in LA but now here I am, up north--and this is way north, like nosebleed north--sorting it all out. So:
1. Bears and wolves and moose and whatever else can't be any worse than LA guys.
2. You know how people talk about "starving artists?" I‘m gonna faint. So it's probably time for a change.
3. My good friend Kellan--you'll like him, unlike moi he's calm and cool under pressure--suddenly has this animalistic sexiness I've never even seen before.
4. Give me a minute. I think the "Cons" are going to be a lot easier.
1. ALASKA. Did I already mention this? Which means:
c. Coffee shops, movie theaters, or what I like to think of as "culture"--not a chance
2. I can't even manage my checkbook--so a B&B is probably going to be a disaster.
3. The house chef can't cook, and the guide can't read a map.
4. Kellan's sudden hotness is getting very hard to ignore.
5. I just got hit by lightning.
And I'm not sure if this is a pro or a con just yet, but since that lightning bolt, I can see through everything. As in completely transparent. That was before things started to get really weird . . .
Publish date: 2006-09-01
Pages no: 320
Edition language: English
I shouldn't be surprised, there are a handful of JS's earlier books that just aren't that great. This is one of them. Rachel inherits a B&B in Alaska. She lives in LA and decided to fly out. I almost put this down in the first chapter. Rachel was annoying and an idiot. I thought it would get better....
2.5 stars. This started out great, with funny banter and cute characters. But by mid-point, it was a confusing, drawn out story. It also needed a better editor as several times the first person got screwed up - very confusing. Not her best work, that's for sure.