logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: -legends-and-such
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-01-27 00:58
Critical Role: Legends of Vox Machina
Critical Role: Vox Machina Origins - Matthew V. Mercer,Matthew Colville

I think I've mentioned I play Dungeons and Dragons and it's hard to be in that community without having heard of Critical Role. I'm still listening to campaign one so of course, I had to read Legends of Vox Machina when I saw it was available.

I absolutely adored this graphic novel. For one thing, I really captured the spirit of Dungeons and Dragons. For example, Scanlan singing Queen even though the band wouldn't - or at least, shouldn't - exist in a mystical fantasy world. Or the quirky humor and problem-solving. Or the way combat worked, how we see everyone's turn. It read like an actual Initiative and that made it more fun to read.

Additionally, I don't think you'd have to be a D&D player in order to enjoy this. It's a well set up fantasy world. The rules are clear, the characters engaging and realistic, and the problems are worth investing in.

Final rating: 5/5 Where you're a player or just a curious reader, you'll enjoy this graphic novel.

Scanlan and Vax peeing on the ruin to destroy it is the most D&D thing that could have been done and I lost it  at that part.

(spoiler show)
review 2020-01-20 23:18
Freebie
Kid Legends - David Stabler
This is kindle freebie is a sampler or teaser for the books in the series. It is an excellent series. The biographies are accurate and kid friendly. It should be noted that the actual books tend to be more diverse than this sampler - which has a total of nine people, only two of which are female and only two poc.

The illustrations are lovely.

review 2019-09-03 17:21
A Dragon Falls ā€“ Hidden By Megg Jensen @meggjensen @XpressoTours
Hidden - Megg Jensen

I downloaded a copy of Hidden by Megg Jensen a long time ago, 12.16.15, to be exact, but before that. I think it had been made free since I had signed up to review the book through Xpresso Book Tours. I finished reading the book on 1.3.15 and did rate the book on goodreads, but did not write the review.

AND…GUESS WHAT…IT’S FREE. But be sure and look for the ‘0’

Great cover by Michael Gauss

Hidden (Dragonlands, #1)

Amazon / Audiobook / Goodreads

MY REVIEW

Dragons, can never get enough of them.

The living conditions put people’s true character to the test. Such close living makes it hard to hid their true colors. The characters are vindictive, revengeful, heroic and brave. I love ’em and hate ’em.

What is the fog? Is it treacherous, benign, hiding something? What happens to those who go into the fog?

I was engrossed from the beginning. The fog had me very curious and I wanted to walk into it with Tressa. When I first started reading the book, I was looking for dragons, but once I met Tressa, it became all about her. I love her strength. Her personality demanded she do what is right, no matter the consequences. She wasn’t reckless, she felt it was her duty to her people…as if she were their leader. Bastion, her true love since childhood, meant, fated, to be together.

The longer I read, the more I find is going on. I am loving my journey to the answers. It is exciting and dangers at the same time. I was bummed when a favorite of min bit the dust, added an unexpected twist, but I love when an author doesn’t walk the usual line and isn’t afraid to kill of their characters. Not predictable and plenty of surprises. Would love to read more.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Hidden by Megg Jensen.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos4 Stars

READ MORE HERE

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • I am an amazon affiliate/product images are linked.
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/hidden-megg-jensen
review 2019-07-31 17:27
Iā€™m So Excited ā€“ The Rogue King by Abigail Owen @AOwenBooks
The Rogue King (Inferno Rising #1) - Abigail Owen

I have read several of Abigail Owens series and loved them, so when I got a chance to read The Rogue King, the first book in the Inferno Rising series, I had to have it!!!!

Happy Release Day to Abigail Owen and her Rogue King.

Her heroes are some kind of gorgeous. Just take a look at the cover for yourself.

The Rogue King (Inferno Rising, #1)

Amazon / Goodreads

The Rogue King
by Abigail Owen
(Inferno Rising #1)
Published by: Entangled: Amara
Publication date: July 30th 2019
Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance

MY REVIEW

She chose her moment to die…to save her children!

It is insta love, which in the dragon world is very acceptable, and Brand has an overwhelming need to help the woman covered in flames.

Kasia has seen him in her visions. She has been waiting for him. Everyone wants her…dragons, werewolves, vampires… for their own reasons, but no one will make her do something that isn’t right for her.

Brand is a rogue, unclaimed by any dragon clan.

Though the theme, dragons and paranormal romance is familiar, the Phoenix is rare and coveted…by me and other lovers of the supernatural world. Even though I know dragon meets girl, falls in love, braves many dangers and lives happy ever after, it’s the bits and pieces that an author like Abigail Owen adds that makes the story special.

The world building makes the scenery and action come to life. The characters are easy for me to remember, because the story engulfed me. At times the dialogue is humorous, helping alleviate the feeling of danger that hovers around the characters. Tons of action and never a dull moment.

I have read several of Abigail Owen’s series and look forward to each and every story she writes. As expected, she gave me a magical love story and new characters to love in her new Inferno Rising series. I have met two of Kasia’s sisters and I think I know who’s story may be next. I can hardly wait.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of The Rogue King by Abigail Owen.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos4 Stars

ENTER THE GIVEAWAY HERE

MY REVIEWS FOR ABIGAIL OWEN

The Shadowcat Nation

Andromeda’s Fall  /  Sarai’s Fortune  /  Tieryns’ Fury  /  Seneca’s Faith

The Svatura Series

Blue Violet  /  Hyacinth  /  Crimson Dahlia  /  Black Orchid

The Fire’s Edge Series (each book can stand alone)

The Mate / The Boss / The Rookie

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • I’m an Amazon affiliate/product images are linked.
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/rogue-king-abigail-owen
review 2019-07-10 18:59
Archeological Artifacts ā€“ Atlantis Unleashed by Alyssa Day @Alyssa_Day
Atlantis Unleashed (Warriors of Poseidon) - Alyssa Day

Atlantis Unleashed by Alyssa Day is the third story in the Warriors of Poseiden series and all I can say is…this is the best one yet!

Atlantis Unleashed (Warriors of Poseidon, #3)

Amazon / Audiobook / Goodreads

MY REVIEW

The first chapter covers the end of Book II, Atlantis Awakening, so you could begin the series here, but you would have missed so much of the goodness, I recommend beginning with Book I, Atlantis Rising.

Ever since Keely had touched the wooden fish placed around her neck, she could see him…her blue haired warrior.

Who is she…the face Lord Justice keeps seeing?

I am lovin’ these fabulous love stories filled with magic and wonder. Each set of characters are unique in their own way, with secrets to be revealed. I love the feistiness of the female protagonists and their male warriors can TRY to control them all they want.

It was so funny when Brennan met Tiernan. Laughing through some very funny situations. I do like to enjoy my danger and torment.

Source: www.fundinmental.com/atlantis-unleashed-alyssa-day