logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: 7-escape
Load new posts () and activity
review 2021-01-18 11:03
Review: Escape With Me (The O'Callaghans; With Me in Seattle) by: Kristen Proby
Escape With Me (The O'Callaghans; With Me in Seattle) - Kristen Proby

Escape With Me by Kristen Proby

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Heartache goes a long way to get under the skin. Escape With Me is a celebration of love that proves itself to be an empowering experience. Keegan and Izzy are a beautiful contradiction that will leave a searing imprint on the soul.

review 2020-06-12 06:50
The Great Escape by Natalie Haynes
The Great Escape - Natalie Haynes

TITLE:  The Great Escape

AUTHOR:  Natalie Haynes

______________________

DESCRIPTION:

"It's the summer holidays and Millie's bored stiff. Every week, she has to clean windows with her dad at a nearby laboratory. But she's sure something weird is going on inside. Then, one day, a cat comes hurtling through the lobby towards her and asks her for help."

_______________________

REVIEW:

Enjoyable and entertaining.  Light and fluffy.  Kids and cat to the rescue!

review 2020-06-07 01:00
Review: Trick Play, Fake Boyfriend Series #2
Trick Play - Eden Finley,Alexander Cendese,Iggy Toma

This was more a sister story than a sequel to the first book in this series. They have many of the same characters, but the main protagonists change. This one flows Noah and Matt. Noah is the biracial son of a rich politician... he's also gay, so of course his father uses his mixed race and sexual orientation as a campaign tactic, which Noah clearly resents. As a way of irritating his father he agrees to be the fake boyfriend of Matt. Matt is a pro football player who was forcefully outed by the tabloid media. He loses his job with his current team on a morality cause, but everyone knows he was because Matt is gay.

His friend and agent Damon convinces him that he needs to clean up his image and portray himself as someone in a relationship rather than a guy who has random hook-ups at clubs.

Matt and Noah struggle to be fake boyfriend, mostly because they are both attracted to one another and it frightens them.

What I liked about this book was the backstory for the main characters as well as the struggle. Again, it wasn't overly angsty. There was time to develop the plot and relationship without it being too quick or drag on too long. Very good narration; I felt the characters come through.

review 2020-06-03 18:45
Review: Fake Out
Fake Out - Eden Finley

Fake Boyfriend is one of my favorite fanfic tropes, so it was fun to see in a novel.  The story follows Maddox whose high school girlfriend refused to accept his repeated attempts at breaking up, so he finally lied and told her he was gay.  She then outed him to his entire town, which, I don't care how upset you are, that's just wrong, so I actually felt no sympathy for her because of the lie. Maddox moved to New York to attend college and then stayed, rarely visiting his small town home in Pennsylvania.  Years later he ran into the ex-sweetheart who was having a bachelorette party.  SHe boo-hoos about how it should have been them getting married and how much she misses him.  She then invited him to the wedding with his boyfriend...his non-existent boyfriend.  And much like she did in high school, she blabbed and told everyone he was coming home.  Everyone including Maddox's parents who make certain he can't politely back out of the wedding because they guilt him into bringing his boyfriend (that he didn't tell them about) home to meet them.  Now he's tasked with finding a fake boyfriend to take home for a weekend.

Enter his best friend, Stacy, who convinces her gay brother to do the job.  Maddox promises to get Damon, an endeavoring sports agent, a meeting with a high profile hockey player in return for the favor.  Of course Damon cannot turn the chance to gain his first (solo) client and agrees.  And shenanigans ensue. I don't want to spoil the good bits.

The characters were likable and flawed like normal humans.  They were not perfect and there were bad choices made and misunderstandings, but not to the point of angst where you wanted to strangle everyone.  It was a fun story where the plot didn't resolve itself immediately, but it didn't drag out overly long either.  There was comedy, drama, angst, sweetness, and sexytimes.  All of which were well written.

The narrators did a good job of capturing the voices and emotions of the characters.  This was the first in a series and I would be interested in checking out more.

review 2020-05-30 09:35
Review: Kidnapped by the Pirate
Kidnapped by the Pirate: Gay Romance - Keira Andrews,Cornell Collins

M/M historical romance.  The story was well put together.  It held my attention and made my heart race in all the right  places.

Nathaniel is sailing to a New World Colony with his sister when they are set upon by pirates.  As it turns out this is the very Privateer turned pirate at the betrayal of Nathaniel's father.  Once the Hawk knows who he has in his midst, he kidnaps Nathaniel as he is the only son and heir of his bitter enemy.  Hawk's plan in to ransom Nathaniel and finally visit revenge upon the man that took his legal life as a Privateer away.  What Hawk doesn't count on is falling for his captive.  Romance, mutiny and adventure ensues.

The plot was good, the characters were likeable, the romance was sweet and hot where it needed to be.  The narration was spot-on.  There was emotion and I felt as though I were truly "hearing" the characters.   Job well done.