logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: A-Will-of-Iron
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-07-04 02:47

August 9, 2016
 eBook
 206
 Library

Being a female mechanic on a space station for eight years has taught Dawn a lot of tough life lessons that have hardened her heart. She’s got a temper and a mouth to match her red hair and has never backed away from a challenge. Then she’s kidnapped and blackmailed into agreeing to be a cyborg’s personal sex slave.

Iron is one big bastard with long, fiery red hair, intense, dark blue eyes and a stubborn streak as thick as his dense muscles. If Iron thinks he can tame her, he’s about to learn that “meek” is not in Dawn’s vocabulary. But with that handsome face, a body to die for, a wickedly talented tongue and those magical hands, the guy just doesn’t fight fair.

Dawn is intent on melting Iron’s icy resolve to never fall in love with a human. He’s winning her heart and she’s determined to win his right back. These two redheads have just met their matches. Let the battle for love begin.

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

Melting Iron is book three in the Cyborg Seduction series by Laurann Dohner.

I started this series with book six then went forward and then backwards. I ended up picking up the books that’s blurbs appealed to me in this series. Melting Iron sounded good, but turned out to have no plot and was just smut. I want to point out that I feel the later books in the series are better and have more of a plot and romance then the earlier books.

Now I see/understand a little more as to why the Cyborg’s dislike humans and why they act as they do, but for the most part in this book they are dicks and I don’t care for their societies structure that they put into place.

Melting Iron is my least favorite in the series. The storyline is force seduction and to close to rape for my liking. The first half of the story, nothing happens, except sex and fighting.

As for the romance I never felt any love between Iron and Dawn nor did I see our Cyborg change his attitude towards humans.

Unfortunately, I didn’t like how the story played out. Melting Iron was not the book for me. If the blurb intrigues you, I urge you to give it a shot. Just because it did not work for me does not mean it won’t for you.

Rated: 2 Stars

Challenge(s):

–

Don’t want to miss a post?

Daily, Weekly, or Monthly Mail

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2020/07/review-melting-iron-cyborg-seduction-3-by-laurann-dohner
review 2020-06-02 04:54
Vivian, Midnight Call Girl (Iron Orchids) by: Danielle Norman
Vivian, Midnight Call Girl (Iron Orchids #6) - Danielle Norman

Vivian, Midnight Call Girl by Danielle Norman

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

For a little while she broke my heart, but along the way she restored my faith in love. Norman continues to march to the beat of her own emotions and empower people like me while doing so. Midnight Call Girl is more than a romance. Vivian and Aaron, take the long road to happiness, but it's a courageously uphill climb. Through the eyes of two broken people, we find strength, hope and words of wisdom. There's beauty within the tragedy.

review 2020-05-06 18:17
February 11, 2020
Paperback, eBook
283
Bought

Stuart Reid is an Iron Master—a Dark Fae with a rare ability to make iron do his bidding. Exiled by the High Fae who fear him, he now lives in a simple house in Shiftertown outside Las Vegas, watching over Peigi, a bear Shifter woman, and the cubs she cares for.

Peigi, rescued from an evil Shifter and welcomed into the Vegas Shiftertown, knows Reid and the cubs have helped her survive and heal.

She also knows Reid is alone and lonely, a strong man coping with his exile. The bond she feels pulling her to him scares the crud out of her—she’s been down this road before.

When Reid’s people send him a desperate call for help, Peigi senses danger to him—too much of it. She finds she’ll do anything, even sacrifice herself and her happiness, to keep him safe.

A Shifters Unbound full-length novel.

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

Iron Master is book twelve in the Shifters Unbound series by Jennifer Ashley.

I adore and love returning to the Shifters Unbound world. I was captured by book one and look forward to each new installment. If your thinking about picking up this series then I recommend reading in order. Theirs an overall ARC that is carried out and progress in each novel; besides getting a new couple with each new book.

Peigi and Stuart were a long time coming. If you’ve been following the series then you see these two in the background dancing around each other, but now it’s their time to find love.

These two where so awkward and clearly smitten with each other, but not sure how to take things to the next level. It was fun to see everyone in Shiftertowns say “about time”. The cubs, and where their a lot featured, where just so adorable and cute. I loved having them. They added to the story and you got to see how Stuart and Peigi each interacted with their adoptive cubs.

Many previous couples and characters were incorporated and someone from Dylan’s clan pops ups and you are wondering what is he doing in Faeire.

The unexpected adventure into Faeire was interesting and Ben, oh my, what we learn is shocking.

Iron Master was another wonderful adventure into the Shifters Unbound series.

Rated: 4 Stars

Challenge:

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2020/05/review-iron-master-shifters-unbound-12-by-jennifer-ashley
review 2020-03-28 15:09
Kat: Knight Watch Badges (Iron Orchids Book 11) by: Danielle Norman
Kat: Knight Watch Badges (Iron Orchids Book 11) - Danielle Norman

Damsel in distress? No way! Norman continues to flip the switch and create a new type of heroine. Kat is bad to the bone with the heart to back it up. Kat finds herself thrown off her game when she meets her match in her total opposite. Jackson is business suits. She's bad *** and leather. Will falling in love change the fighter she was always meant to be? Kat: Knight Watch is a fearless walk on the wild side. From sexy and sassy to emotionally, unpredictable. Kat and Ty bring the heat and the sweet.

review 2020-02-27 01:56
Trapped by Kevin Hearne
Trapped: The Iron Druid Chronicles, Book 5 - Hachette Audio UK,Kevin Hearne,Christopher Ragland

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I enjoyed this audiobook quite a bit. I have been slowly working my way through the Iron Druid Chronicles during the past couple of years and have really been enjoying myself. I did take a bit of a break in my listening which seemed to work out well since this book picks up twelve years after the previous book. I found this book to be a solid installment in the series and I had a great time with it.

Atticus, Granuaile, and Oberon are still together when this book picks up twelve years after the events of the previous installment. Atticus has been training Granuaile this whole time and she is finally ready to become a Druid. To become a Druid, they must complete a lengthy binding ceremony. Unfortunately, there is a group that would like to see them dead before the ceremony draws to a close.

I found this to be a very exciting story. There was plenty of action dispersed throughout the book. I loved seeing how much Granuaile has learned during her training and the binding ceremony was very interesting. I loved seeing how the relationship between Atticus and Granuaile has changed during the past twelve years and I was really excited to see things really start to develop. Oberon was as awesome as ever.

Luke Daniels is the perfect narrator for this series. He handles all of the different character voices incredibly well. The voice of each character has been consistent throughout the series. I adore the way that he is able to bring Oberon to life. I think that he really takes this story to the next level and I am sure that I have enjoyed this series just a bit more because I made the decision to listen to the audio.

I would recommend this series to others. This is the fifth book in the Iron Druid Chronicles which is a series that should be read in order. I found this to be a pivotal book in the series and cannot wait to read the next book!

Initial Thoughts
I enjoyed this audiobook quite a bit. This book jumps ahead 12 years which worked out well since it's been a year since I listened to the previous book in the series. Granuaile is ready to be bound to the earth as a druid and is pretty kick-ass from her years of training. Her relationship with Atticus has also progressed over the years. Oberon is just as awesome as ever. I thought that the book was rather exciting and I found this to be a really easy listen. Luke Daniels did a fabulous job with the narration.

Book Source: Purchased