logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Baby
Load new posts () and activity
review 2021-02-25 02:45
A DUKE, THE LADY, AND A BABY by Vanessa Riley
A Duke, the Lady, and a Baby - Vanessa Riley

Patience wants her baby back. Lord Repington is now his guardian. She disguises herself as a nanny to be near her son. Repington will do whatever he needs to keep the baby safe and the nanny as well.

I loved this book. I loved Patience and Repington. I like how they try to deny their attraction especially as the truth comes out about what has happened to Patience's husband. They make a good couple. I enjoyed the story. This is a good set up for the series as it explains why these women fight to get what is theirs.

I also appreciated the short synopsis' at the end about the historical aspects of this novel. It helped me to understand how those of mixed races/blood/heritage were treated and the double standard applied to them. I also was glad about the short notes on some of the Peninsular War's battles and the effect of them on the time period's complications.

review 2020-09-22 06:49
Changes
Two Men and a Baby - Isla Olsen

This is book #5 in the Love & Luck series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  To avoid spoilers, and to understand the series, I recommend reading this series in order.

Josh has been talked into going to his ex's wedding.  All of his friends and family is going to attend, so he is expected to.  Then he sees Connor, and how much he has changed.  The attraction is stronger, if that is even possible.

Connor knows he has no future with Josh, so he must keep his focus.  When he suddenly has a child to care for, though, he wants to consult the best expert he knows.  Then they fins out they have plenty in common.  I give this a 5/5 Kitty's Paws Up!

review 2020-09-20 00:44
Own the Eights Maybe Baby (Own the Eights #3) by: Krista Sandor
Own the Eights Maybe Baby - Krista Sandor

Own the Eights Maybe Baby by Krista Sandor

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sandor gives emotions something to swoon over with her Own the Eights series. Georgie and Jordan give us something to talk about with every step they take. From surprise romance to a reality proposal, an unpredictable wedding and unexpected pregnancy, this couple keeps readers invested in their irresistible antics. The one constant in this whirlwind ride is to expect the unexpected and you'll never be disappointed.

review 2020-08-02 18:59
A Duke, the Lady, and a Baby by Vanessa Riley
A Duke, the Lady, and a Baby - Vanessa Riley

Widowed Patience Jordan is fighting to gain control of her son and home after a nefariously opportunistic Uncle Markham sends her to Bedlam. On a night she is sneaking out of her former home, her late husband's cousin, Busick Strathmore, the Duke of Repington, storms the gates and takes his legal position of being Patience's son's guardian.
Busick is trying to heal and keep his own secrets after being injured at Badajoz and hiring a young beautiful nanny for his new ward doesn't seem like a good idea in a house now full of ex-soldiers. He knows all about Markham and his fiendish ways and is set on finding his cousin's widow.
Patience and Busick will have to learn to trust if they're going to find love again.

It was a universal truth that no matter her background, face, or charms, a widow in possession of a fortune would be targeted for theft.

First in the Rogues and Remarkable Women series, this drops the reader right into Patience's struggles and life. I couldn't help feeling I was missing some introduction novella or prologue. I wish I could have gotten even a few scenes with Patience and her first husband to get a feel for their relationship and the troubles that seemed to plague him. I think this could have filled out the Uncle Markham villain storyline more. We also miss Markham sending Patience to Bedlam, how she became friends with Jemina (a character that is by her side constantly throughout the story), their escape from Bedlam, and how Patience gets saved/involved with the Widow's Grace. Lady Shrewsbury, the leader of the Widow's Grace, could have also been utilized, explained more. All the threads I mentioned seem vastly interesting but the reader comes into the story when all that has passed and I missed out on the depth of experience with Patience for them. Coming into the story when we do, left me at sea for a while but there was still a sense of undertaking that drew me in.

They dragged me, the mistress of Hamlin Hall from this place, from Lionel.

Our heroine Patience is originally from Demerara (modern day Guyana) and was brought to England by marriage. Her late husband, Colin, seems to have struggled with depression, lack of willingness to endure slights given overtly and covertly to Patience due to her mixed heritage, money issues, and a conniving Uncle Markham. They have a son, Lionel, but Colin abandons Patience in the country side. Patience's father left a trust for any offspring she may have and when her son turns a certain age, he will receive four thousand pounds, this money seems to be the catalyst for Markham conspiring against Colin and trying to dispose of Patience.

Our hero Busick is a soldier who fought and was injured in Badajoz, an injury that he tries to hide how badly affected him. He grew up with Markham and is aware of his villainous nature. In a structural choice, not seen often, Patience's pov is first person while Busick's pov is third. They each have their own chapters and until the end at some spots, the pov's are separated by chapter breaks. This helped me greatly in maintaining the flow of the story with the switching povs. I favor third person, so Busick's povs were easier for me to follow but Patience still was the better flushed out character because of more detail and emotion given to her personality and struggles.

“What’s not possible? For me to love or for me to love you?”

These two had some playful moments but overall I felt they were lacking chemistry and some heat. I like open door romances and sexually intimate moments on the page, this had some kissing but would definitely be categorized as very low heat, in regards to intimate scenes on page, this lack could have definitely affected how I felt about this. I also thought Patience not revealing her identity to Busick didn't ring true and was just keep some angst in the story. Patience actually returns to character and deals with this fairly quickly but what came before still felt forced and dragged out. These two had to deal with Markham issues, a possible ghost (seriously, why was this story thread put in there when it amounted to nothing??), and Lionel not liking pap milk and wanting milk (if I never have to read the words “pap milk” again, it will be too soon) for the majority of the story that their developing feelings weren't showcased enough for me.

There was no denying it. He was my beloved, and I was his.

There were some intriguing side characters, Busick's friend Viscount Gantry and his separation from his wife, who is also from Demerara, Patience's friend Jemina and her amnesia, and Lady Shrewsbury the leader of the Widow's Grace that look to have enough story to get books of their own. I missed having been with Patience on some of her past experiences and I would have liked more romance between her and Busick but this did have some venture and mystery that kept me reading.

review 2020-06-07 09:50
Audio Review: Pit Stop: Baby! (Crescent Cove, #4) by Taryn Quinn, Narrated by Kai Kennicott and Wen Ross
Pit Stop: Baby! (Crescent Cove #4) - Taryn Quinn ,Kai Kennicott ,Wen Ross

Pit Stop: Baby! by Taryn Quinn

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Audio Review: Pit Stop: Baby! (Crescent Cove, #4) by Taryn Quinn, Narrated by Kai Kennicott and Wen Ross

The bigger they are the harder they fall. Crescent Cove grabbed me many books ago and has retained it's hold on me ever since. I love to watch how a baby changes the dynamic of two people who never saw it coming. Gage and Rylee pulled me into their hangups and ran away with my heart. Ross and Kennicott gave even more vibrancy to one of my favorite series. Refreshing, heartwarming and humorous are temptingly addictive fun.