Stuck with the gross smell from stubborn carpet stains? Don’t just toss them away. Try these 5 DIY carpet cleaning hacks.
Let me guess – you are struggling with stubborn stains on your carpet. We cracked the code!
A carpet is an amazing addition to the home. It is both aesthetically pleasing and functional. This shoots it to the top of the most favoured types of flooring.
Notwithstanding, it is no secret that maintaining a carpet is a lot of work. To preserve its beauty and longevity, experts advise homeowners to take good care of their carpets. But that is no easy job. Carpets tend to hold on to stains more than any other type of flooring. If you have pets or kids, then you will have much bigger trouble maintaining your carpets as stains are bound to set in at some point no matter how careful you are.
So, how do you deal with stains that just won’t let go? We put together the cleaning hacks for 5 of such stains in this article detailing 5 Cleaning Hacks for Stubborn Carpet Stains
Note: Everyone gets a bonus tip at the end of the article. So sit back and enjoy! Also, this will be a good time to Subscribe if you haven’t done that already.
How to Remove Red Wine Stains from Carpet
- First things first, be ready to clean over and over again because this is the toughest stain to get out of a carpet
- Make sure to dry the wine from the carpet so you don’t spread it to unaffected areas.
- Get just enough club soda to cover the stained area.
- Leave to set for a while and start blotting it up.
- Don’t be discouraged if the first wash didn’t get it all out. Just repeat the process as many times as necessary to remove stubborn carpet stains.
How to Remove Blood Stains from Carpet
- Bloodstains can easily spread if not noticed early enough. Whether a little stain or not, make sure to attack it as soon as you notice it. Leaving it to settle in means more work for you.
- Spray a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and dish soap on the stain
- Leave the mixture to stay then wash off.
How to Remove Pet Stains from Carpet
- Use vinegar to completely rid the carpet of the stains.
- Mix ¼ cup of vinegar with an equal amount of warm water.
- Then spray the mixture on the stained area. Allow to set.
- Now, vigorously clean the area until the stain disappears.
Note: Before anything else, be sure to pick up as many stains as you can get from the carpet.
How to Remove Ink Stains from Carpet
- Ink stains can be tough to remove. Therefore, an alcohol solution is necessary. You could try isopropyl alcohol.
- With the alcohol, dampen a clean cloth and use it to clean the stained area.
Note: To get the expected result, be sure to repeat the process over and again
How to Remove Coffee Stains from Carpet
- As explained for red wine, it is essential to keep the stain from spreading. You can do this by drying up whatever excess is on the carpet.
- Then throw in a mixture of water, detergent, and vinegar. This will break the bond in the stains and make it easier to dissolve stubborn carpet stains.
Note: Use non-bleach detergent.
How to Remove Vomit Stains from Carpet
- Removing vomit stains is just as demanding. You may have to blot up the stain multiple times for the desired result.
- Start by removing debris or solid matter. So you do not end up mashing the stain into the carpet fibres.
- Sprinkle enough baking soda on the stained area.
- Allow settling for about 15 minutes
- Vacuum or blot up as many times as required
This sums up how to remove 5 of the most stubborn carpet stains we face in our homes and offices. If your carpet is refusing to let go of stains, you may just need one of these cleaning tricks to get things going. Thank us later!
Let us know which tips you are trying next in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe to encourage us to produce more great tips like these.