logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Cookie
Load new posts () and activity
review 2021-02-02 15:20
Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke
Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder - Joanne Fluke
I love culinary mysteries!
This was a good story with solid characters. The protagonist, Hannah, is a likable lady with a good head on her shoulders. I like the dynamics with her and the other characters. You know right off the hop that she is a no-nonsense kind of girl though. She gets wrapped up in something that I often wondered why she was involved. Why didn't the Sherriff tell her to butt out... impeding investigation and all that stuff? That frustrated me a little. There is no cop on Earth that will let a baker, sorry, cookie baker get involved and investigate a murder.
But I digress....
I still liked the whodunnit.
I also really liked the recipes. I even baked the Regency Ginger Crisps. They are amazing, F.Y.I!!
I look forward to continuing on with the series, and seeing what Hannah gets herself into next!

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2021/02/chocolate-chip-cookie-murder-by-joanne.html
review 2020-06-24 07:18
Adorkable by Cookie O'Gorman
Adorkable - Cookie O'Gorman

Hello there fellow readers! I apologize for my leave of absence, I assumed I'd post MORE during quarantine rather than leaving a dry streak. This past weekend I read Adorkable by O'Gorman and the title is ever so accurate for my feelings about this novel. The characters were so cute and flawlessly written, with irresistible names! - C'mon, Sally Sue Spitz and Baldwin Eugene Charles "Becks" Kent? Best friends since ever! Simply charming. I also loved the clever word play through BFF characterization - the matchmaking best friend with the last name/nickname of "Hooker"- who's teamed up with Sally's mother the wedding planner to send Sally on countless blind dates with the hopes of finding her the man of her dreams.

I really enjoyed the plot of this novel, it created a wholesome type of suspenseful reading experience, and had me jumping for joy and pausing in frustration at all the right moments. I'm a sucker for everything this book brought - best friends turned lovers, fake relationship into real relationship, nerd girl and jock guy, WOO my heart! Loved it. I think my favorite part about the way that O'Gorman created her own unique ending to this common story plot is how the love confession was played out very uniquely to the characters and wasn't super textbook cheesy. There was a bit of this present, but it definitely didn't hurt ;) And ok I loved it.

Now, there were a few minor details that I would change about 'Adorkable', the first of which is how the title isn't incorporated into the story itself. While this can be common among YA novels, I think it would've really added to the story if the phrase "Adorkable" was something that Becks said in reference to Sally, as possibly a fond connection or inside joke between the two. Other than that, I'd maybe include a German to English translation reference in the back? It's equally tiring to either pretend I can read German, or copy the entire statement into Google translate to help a girl out. Besides these, the book was a total home run, I've already recommended it to some fellow book lovers, and it's very deserving of a 5 star rating.

Ps. A little comment - the version I read was from Target, and included some bonus content that made my book worm heart so happy!! Poems that young Becks wrote to Sally, an excursion of the ending from his point of view, and even an Adorkable Book Playlist! I was in love. Cookie O'Gorman, wherever you are, you're doing awesome. Keep it up :)

review 2019-12-18 23:08
The Joy of Cookies: Cookie Monster's Guide to Life - Sesame Workshop
For more reviews, check out my blog: Craft-Cycle

Adorable and clever book for cookie-lovers everywhere. I stumbled across this book at the library and found it to be a perfect break from writing research papers for grad school. A very funny read to enjoy and relax with.

While the pictures were simple, I loved the details such as the before and after shots on the endpapers of the book, the use of crumbs to form images, and the number of bites from a cookie to indicate the chapters. Fun, silly, and adorable.

The text spoofs many common well-known and motivational sayings for a funny, feel-good read. Some of these are a little repetitive, but they are still entertaining.

A nice, relaxing read to celebrate your inner Cookie Monster and that's sure to bring a smile.
review 2019-12-02 08:10
Blog Tour w/Review - Adorkable

Today we have the blog tour for Adorkable by Cookie O’Gorman! Check it out and be sure to grab your paperback copy today!

Title: Adorkable

Author: Cookie O’Gorman

Genre: YA Romance

About Adorkable:

“Captivating, fun, and totally swoon-worthy! This is the kind of story my reader heart craves.” ―Rachel Harris, New York Times bestselling author of Eyes on Me

Available in print for the first time, and with exclusive bonus content only found in the print version!

Fall in love with Sally and Becks all over again.

Adorkable (ah-dor-kuh-bul): Descriptive term meaning to be equal parts dorky and adorable. For reference, see Sally Spitz.

Seventeen-year-old Sally Spitz is done with dating. Or at least, she's done with the horrible blind dates/hookups/sneak attacks her matchmaking bestie, Hooker, sets her up on. There's only so much one geek girl and Gryffindor supporter can take.

Her solution: She needs a fake boyfriend. And fast.

Enter Becks, soccer phenom, all-around hottie, and Sally's best friend practically since birth. When Sally asks Becks to be her F.B.F. (fake boyfriend), Becks is only too happy to be used. He'd do anything for Sal―even if that means giving her PDA lessons in his bedroom, saying she's "more than pretty," and expertly kissing her at parties.

The problem: Sally's been in love with Becks all her life―and he's completely clueless.

This book features two best friends, one special-edition Yoda Snuggie, countless beneath-the-ear kisses, and begs the question:

Who wants a real boyfriend when faking it is so much more fun?

Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Target

AdorkableAdorkable by Cookie O'Gorman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sally AKA "Spitz" to most, is best friends with Becks. They have been close since they were young children. Too bad he has no idea she has been in love with him the whole time. It is an unlikely pair, as he is the hottest guy in school, and she is a well known geek.

Baldwin AKA "Becks" is very glad to be Sally's best friend. He has secrets of his own he has not shared. When she asks him a favor, he has no problem saying yes. Will it get even more complicated when the whole school finds out?

This was such an amazing story. I found the characters to be rather deep and compelling. I was absolutely enthralled and did not put the book down until I had read the entire thing. Then I wanted to read it again. This was a new author for me - but you can bet I will read all her works now.

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review, by Netgalley and its publishers.

About the Author:

Cookie O'Gorman writes YA romance to give readers a taste of happily-ever-after. Small towns, quirky characters, and the awkward yet beautiful moments in life make up her books. Cookie also has a soft spot for nerds and ninjas.

Connect with Cookie:

Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Goodreads

Enter the Giveaway:

a Rafflecopter giveaway

review 2019-11-29 14:21
Tied
Adorkable - Cookie O'Gorman

Sally AKA "Spitz" to most, is best friends with Becks.  They have been close since they were young children.  Too bad he has no idea she has been in love with him the whole time.  It is an unlikely pair, as he is the hottest guy in school, and she is a well known geek.

Baldwin AKA "Becks" is very glad to be Sally's best friend.  He has secrets of his own he has not shared.  When she asks him a favor, he has no problem saying yes.  Will it get even more complicated when the whole school finds out?

This was such an amazing story.  I found the characters to be rather deep and compelling.  I was absolutely enthralled and did not put the book down until I had read the entire thing.  Then I wanted to read it again.  This was a new author for me - but you can bet I will read all her works now.  I give this read a 5/5 Kitty's Paws UP!