logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Crown-of-Midnight
Load new posts () and activity
review SPOILER ALERT! 2020-01-27 07:24
Book Review: Crown of midnight Sarah J maas

Jan 2-27

An assassin's loyalties are always in doubt but her heart never wavers

Assassin Celaena Sardothien won a brutal contest to become the King's Champion. But she is far from loyal to the crown. Though she hides her secret vigilantly, her deadly charade becomes difficult when she realizes she is not the only one seeking justice. No one is above questioning her allegiance—not the Crown Prince Dorian; not Chaol, the Captain of the Guard; not even her best friend, Nehemia, a foreign princess with a rebel heart.

Then, one terrible night, the secrets they have all been keeping lead to an unspeakable tragedy. As Celaena's world shatters, she will be forced to decide once and for all where her true loyalties lie ... and whom she is willing to fight for.

Review: I freaking loved this book even more than the first one so Celena is now the king's champion and has to kill people on his list but she cant do it so shes been faking his death now shes supposed to kill this guy named Archer who apparently is in charge of this movement against the king . Celena sees this creature in the library and is freaked out and goes to visit Elena but shes resting but the door knocker is talking his name is Mort . She is trying to figure out a way to fake Archer death so she meets with him and tells him the plan and threatens him if he screws her over .I liked chaol way more in this book he cares so much for Celena they ended up dancing on one occasion. The king is still trying to silence Nehemiah and there is a hit on Nehemiah life . Chaol and Celena have dinner and they kiss and end up sleeping together they are finally happy . Dorian has discovered he may have some magic abilities. Chaol is taken and Celena goes to get him and Archer is apart of a movement what the fuck and Nehemiah was killed by an assassin and Celena kills her killer . Celena is in mourning over Nehemiah cause they got into a fight before she died . Celena goes back into the library and finds the creature and Dorian is there also what the fuck is the king hiding . Celena opens a portal to talk to Nehemiah and it's bad news cause something comes out after she talks to Nehemiah and Dorian and Chaol come and help but she gets into the portal and Celena turns into her true form a Fae what the hell . She tells chaol that she is Fae . Chaol ends up getting the king to send her to wendolyn where there are Fae . Chaol finds out that Celena is the lost princess.

Quotes

Dance with me, Celaena," he said again, his voice rough. When her eyes met his she forgot about the cold, and the moon, and the glass palace looming above them. The secret library and the king's plans and Mort and Elena faded into nothing. She took his hand and there was only the music and Chaol.

Chaol raised his brows. "So I'm just here for decoration?"

"Be grateful I consider you a worthy accessory.”

“Roland gave her a courtier’s smile. “And what sort of work do you do for my uncle?

Dorian shifted on his feet and Chaol went very still, but Celaena returned Roland’s smile and said, “I bury the king’s opponents where nobody will ever find them.”

Who said anything about shame?" She gestured down to her naked body, even though it was covered by the blanket. "Honestly, I'm surprised you're not strutting about, boasting to everyone. I certainly would be if I'd tumbled me.
"Does your love for yourself know no bounds?"
"Absolutely none.”

If they wanted Adarlan's Assassin, they'd get her.

And Wyrd help them when she arrived.”

If they wanted Adarlan's Assassin, they'd get her.

And Wyrd help them when she arrived.”

Because she wasn't human, Chaol realized, gaping at her from where he still crouched over Fleetfoot.
No - she wasn't human at all.
Celaena was Fae.”

There was a poem scribbled at the top of the Ashryver family tree, as though some student had dashed it down as a reminder while studying.

Ashryver Eyes
The fairest eyes, from legends old
Of brightest blue, ringed with gold

Bright blue eyes, ringed with gold. A strangled cry came out of him. How many times had he looked into those eyes? How many times had he seen her avert her gaze, that one bit proof she couldn't hide, from the king?

Celaena Sardothien wasn't in league with Aelin Ashryver Galathynius.

Celaena Sardothien was Aelin Ashryver Galathynius, heir to the throne and righful Queen of Terrasen.”

review SPOILER ALERT! 2019-06-10 21:01
review 2018-12-17 00:55
Better than the first time around.
Crown of Midnight - Sarah J. Maas

Really enjoyed my reread much better than the first read. The first time I read it, I gave it 4, even though it was more like a 3 1/2 star read.

My favorite character is definitely Dorian, like always, I just freaking love my Prince so much. Chaol still isn't my favorite character and he does some really stupid things, but I still feel sorry for him. Either choice he made, he would still be screwed. Celeane I still have a love hate relationship with, I do feel sorry for her, in regards to all that happens to her throughout this book. I also paid a lot more attention to the book this time around. I love what we find out about Dorian in this book. I am going to start probably in the next couple of weeks Heir of fire, which was my favorite book, my first time reading the series. So I am excited to see if I feel the same thing this time.

review 2018-06-02 00:00
Crown of Midnight
Crown of Midnight - Sarah J. Maas I ALSO KNEW THAT! I KNEW SHE WAS THE PRINCESS THE MOMENT SHE WAS MENTIONED IN THE BOOK! LIKE REALLY!

Also i expected the ending to be a whole lot different but i guess this is good too
review 2018-01-21 16:21
Crown Of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
Crown of Midnight - Sarah J. Maas

Oh my goodness!! What an ending!!!! I'm literally heading straight to Amazon to buy book 3 after writing this. Just saying... I'm fascinated by Celaena. I'm fascinated by who she is and who she becomes. I'm fascinated by the men who love her. I'm totally rapt. This book moves so quickly. Adventure after adventure. Between the characters and the plot of the story, this series is a favorite of mine. It has all the elements I look for in a good fantasy series. Yes, in the first book I wanted more butt-kicking and she gave me that and more with this book! I definitely don't want to tell you too much, that's what the synopsis is for. I will say that you definitely need to read this series. IT is the best of her books in my opinion.

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2018/01/crown-of-midnight-by-sarah-j-maas-3.html