logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Ellen-Degeneres
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-08-27 17:41
Seriously...I’m Kidding
Seriously... I'm Kidding - Ellen DeGeneres

I Picked Up This Book Because: Seemed like a good idea at the time.

The Story:

Just a fun way to spend a few hours. Ellen is so fun loving, positive and entertaining. It’s hard to believe there is ever anything but joy in her home.

The Random Thoughts:

Favorite Quotes:

“You're never too old to play. You're only too old for low-rise jeans.”

If someone ever says you’re weird, say thank you.”

The Score Card:

description

4 Stars

review 2018-03-22 01:19
Seriously... I'm Kidding by Ellen DeGeneres
Seriously... I'm Kidding - Ellen DeGeneres

Seriously… I’m Kidding has been on my to-read list for a while now. When it finally came available to borrow from my library I jumped at the chance to listen to the audio version.

Narrated by Ellen herself, this audio book was just like listening to the opening monologue on her talk show. I enjoyed her observations on the world around her and admire her for keeping her jokes clean. Unlike most comedians, Ellen’s humor is suitable for all ages.

Although an enjoyable listen, I did find some of the rambling to be a bit much and settled on a 3 star rating. I would recommend Seriously… I’m Kidding to fans of Ellen DeGeneres.

Source: mlsredhousereviews.wordpress.com/2018/03/08/seriously-im-kidding-by-ellen-degeneres
review 2016-10-29 20:17
Home - Ellen DeGeneres
Home - Ellen DeGeneres

I didn’t love this one either. DeGeneres manages to live the Kinfolk lifestyle, and it is interesting to see furniture and art at home in different settings. But the style doesn’t grab me, so the effect is browsing through a catalog knowing there is nothing in it that I could afford. Ever. And like the Kinfolk book, there’s a fair amount of shopping detail for anyone who wants to copy the look, which would be a feature if I loved everything, but is annoying when I don’t. The decorating advice feels very obvious to me. The best parts are when the author talks about why she did what she did, or what this thing means to me.

Library copy

review 2016-02-15 12:08
The Funny Thing Is...
The Funny Thing Is... - Ellen DeGeneres

..this wasn't so funny as I expected.

It has the usual Ellen jokes,but...ahh it just wasn't the same as her most recent book. And y'all know how much I liked that one!

I listened to this to maximize the experience, though I didn't find her tone to be as casual as I am used to. And that ruined it for me.

Don't get me wrong; I still enjoyed this. I just wish it had a better narration tone. I guess Ellen hadn't completely found her style back then. She is a stand up comedian and maybe talking to a microphone with no audience was weird? Idk..

review 2016-02-03 02:21
Seriously... LISTEN to this. or read it. Just kidding. Listen to it!
Seriously...I'm Kidding - Ellen DeGeneres

This is narrated by one of my all time favorite people (one is Ellen DeGeneres, the other is Betty White).

I love Ellen. You might do too. But you might not care about my long rambling about her. So, I am doing two reviews of the audiobook, one short, one long.

Short review: Ellen makes you laugh and makes you cry. I recommend watching one of her videos on mondays. You'll thank me later. She is perhaps known as that gay tv show host. She is so much more. To me, she is a role model (see the long review for details).

This is an audiobook, where she narrates a book she wrote about random stuff. I mean really random stuff. And it has a bit of everything in it. In a true Ellen style, it has both the goofy and the serious. Both the inspirational and the laid back stuff. It's three hours of pure enjoyment that left a goofy smile on my face rushing here to write this.

I highly recommend it. And in fact, I would advise to listen to random bits here and there. One chapter today and another tomorrow.