logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Fan-Fiction
Load new posts () and activity
review 2021-06-08 20:25
The Hive by Gregg Olsen
I forgot to write my thoughts out after reading it.
So writing this now, I've had a moment to reflect.
At first, I wasn't a huge fan. The story had a great premise but it took too long to get there. Once it did, the pace picked up and it got more interesting.
Did I love it? No, but I did think the twists in it were creative and not something I have read before. I appreciated the writing even if the story itself did not turn out to be for me.
I still think lots of people will enjoy this thrill ride!

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2021/06/the-hive-gregg-olsen.html
review 2021-05-30 01:12
Take The Lead - Jessica Simpson
I read this book with the hopes of getting a better understanding of who Jessica Simpson is. Really, the only knowledge I had of her stems from a time when she was with Nick Lachey and we all know how that turned out. She seemed unstable at the time. Now, with children of her own, you hardly hear about her. So I was curious... Then I realized this was an essay and not a full book. That's what I get for not reading the synopsis first, or even properly looking at the cover where it clearly states it's an essay.
It was good though.
You can see Jessica's love for God, empathy for others and what lessons she learned come shining through. It was short, but oh so sweet!!! Every one, especially the moms out there, should read this!

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2021/05/take-lead-jessica-simpson-18.html
review 2021-05-12 17:27
Nos4a2 - Joe Hill
NOS4A2 - Joe Hill
I was excited and anxious to read this book cause I'm such a huge fan of his dad. I didn't want to have any notions in my head and tried to forget his dad all together.... but look at him though!!
Anyway....
It was a big book, but oh, so epic!
I was enamored. This Christmas-like setting at times, not what you would think of when thinking of horror. Somehow I might not look at Christmas the same again. This story was just so different from anything I have ever read. And that's a good thing. Especially reading as much as I do.
I had to know what happened to this family. They seemed cursed to me. I loved how the book wrapped up too. I wasn't ready for a sequel and thankfully, there was no room to make one. Everything came together better than I could have hoped for.
I have a few more books waiting for me. Can't wait to get to them. If you like intense and thrilling reads, get this one. Don't be scared of its' size... the pages go fast.

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2021/05/nos4a2-joe-hill-17.html
review 2021-05-02 21:50
Timing
Knocked-Up Cinderella - Julie Hammerle

Erin finally finds time for herself.  She is planning to make changes and has no idea how serious that would become.  Then she meets Ian and its as if the sparks cannot help themselves.

Ian is happy being rich and single.  He runs a successful business and does not have time to give to others who might demand of it.  Then he meets Erin and all bets are off.  He has to have more time with her.  He craves it.

I found the chase kind of charming.  This story is difference but the HEA gets there.  I love that the author gives us more story, more real pieces of their lives.  This was an ending that it builds to and I enjoyed reading about that climb.  I give this a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC was given in exchange for an honest review, by Netgalley and its publisher.

review 2021-04-24 14:16
Sh*t My Dad Says - Justin Halpern
Sh*t My Dad Says - Justin Halpern
I've followed the Twitter feed since it came out, and I always wanted to read the book. It just so happened to go on sale at Amazon and I bought a copy.
I'm so glad that I did too! I laughed out loud so many times! Honestly, I connect with Justin more than you know. My step-dad was just like Justin's dad. He had a quip for everything. There was one part in the book that I felt a little deja vu. My step-dad said close to the same thing. It was great to re-live that memory, especially since my step-dad has passed.
I need to look for more from Justin. He really is a talented writer.

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2021/04/shit-my-dad-says-justin-halpern-16.html