logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: I-Feel-Better-Now
Load new posts () and activity
Like Reblog
review 2020-02-27 20:39
Can You Feel this?
Can You Feel This? - Julie Orringer

I don't have much to say, I didn't like this short story. We focus on a woman about to have a c-section because of a condition she has. We have her thinking back on her mother and her childhood while obsessing over the imminent birth. I don't know, the whole thing just didn't work for me. I also think a few times the author wrote this as if some bad fate was about to befall all and then the ending leaves things on a hopeful note. Or maybe not hopeful, just not precarious anymore.

"Can You Feel This?" follows a woman (she stays unnamed I think through this whole thing) who suffers from placenta previa. I actually know about this a little bit cause my work wife had this and was on bed rest during the last two months of her pregnancy. So maybe I am just comparing how she handled things and this unnamed character and finding the fictional character lacking.

I also don't know if the book had been written in the first person if I would have felt more connected to the story. I wonder if Orringer wrote this in second person to put a distance between the main character and reader since the main character feels distant from her husband and child. And I think I just got fed up with it since the whole story is mostly going because of what happened to her mother when she was young this is why she is the way she is now. Which is only part of the story/things. You can choose to be different. And I think the ending was trying to telegraph that (badly).

I was initially going to read all of the short stories but decided not to. This one didn't work for me and I didn't feel like forcing myself to continue to read the rest of the collection.

review 2019-12-18 17:43
Makeup Manual for the Everyday Woman by Miranda Kroche
Makeup Manual For The Everyday Women: Look And Feel Your Best (How To Create Basic And Dramatic Looks In A Way That Is Pretty And Modern) - Miranda Kroche

I received a complimentary Kindle copy of Makeup Manual for the Everyday Woman by Miranda Kroche in an Amazon promotion in exchange for a fair review.

I gave this book three stars.

"An intricate and detailed procedure, Makeup Artistry aims to help a person look their best, with the help of certain enhancing products."

This book is geared for personal or professional use. It gives step by step procedures to make up the face. Unfortunately, there are no pictures.

"Concealer is the first element to go on your face, and seals in any pre-existing dirt or makeup into your pores. Therefore, ensure that you thoroughly clean your face before using concealer. Wash with a soap-free face wash and apply an even coat of softening moisturizer."

Link to purchase: https://read.amazon.com/?asin=B0147FX6AE

review 2019-11-07 04:16
4 Feel the Burn Stars
Feel the Burn - Terri A. Wilson

He didn’t ask Fate to screw with his life, but now Remington Montgomery is on the run accused of a crime he didn’t commit. Who wants a king that can’t even follow the law? In her heart, Dai knows her mate isn’t capable of what doing what they said, but a thread of doubt weaves itself into her mind and it doesn’t help that her friends and family are hiding a secret. Would it be better to serve by herself than with a man she can’t trust? An old enemy threatens to destroy their traditions and Remi and Dai’s love will be stretched to the point that it may break.

This part of the Dragon Royalty serial is chock full of twists and turns that keeps the adrenaline pumping and the heart pounding as readers grip their books tight in suspense. Remi and Dai’s relationship is experiencing some major emotional turbulence as they struggle with everything that is happening around them and readers can’t help but wonder if they will every reach a happily ever after.

The plot is face paced with the suspense and excitement building throughout not only regard to Remi and Dai but also the other characters involved and with enemies that have their own agendas, it’s hard for anyone to know who to trust. For the readers that have been following all the plans for the royal wedding of the year don’t want to miss this episode because there is a couple of OMG twists that just may change everything in this thrilling romance.

review 2019-08-22 19:32
Feel the Heat - Kate Meader

Lili DeLuca really wants to get her masters in Fine Arts and pursue her dream job of photography but she is stuck in limbo.  Between helping take care of her mom who had breast cancer and helping her dad run the family's Italian restaurant, Lili is nervous to make the next move.

When Lili's sister, Cara brings her work back to Chicago, it causes many interesting feelings inside Lili.  Enter Jack Kilroy....hot, British, chef extraordinaire!  It seems Jack is going to challenge Lili's dad to cooking contest.  Tired of living her life in limbo, Lili decides to stop playing her life safe and hits on Jack.  Too bad for once in his life Jack has sworn off one-night-stands so he suggests a slower, getting to know each other...dating approach.  Of course this demoralizes Lili because she thinks since she is not the tall, slender type of woman that Jack is just not interested in her.  During the time Lili and Jack are together, it becomes very obvious that there is more heat between the two of them then in the kitchen!  Too bad one of those moments makes it to the internet and causes a huge sensation!

It will take a huge leap of faith from both Lili and Jack for these two to find their happy ending but thankfully they do!

I just adored Jack.  He was just sick and tired of everyone treating him like a piece of meat.  He really just loves to cook and longs for that simpler time in his life.  Lili was the type of person who always wants to please everyone.  Instead of sticking up for herself, she tends to get taken advantage of.  Together these just really balance each other out well and I really enjoyed their love story.

Like Reblog
review 2019-05-03 00:00
Tell Me Again How a Crush Should Feel
Tell Me Again How a Crush Should Feel - Sara Farizan 2.5 stars

This is a typical high-school coming-out books albeit with a twist inasmuch the narrator and MC is a Persian-American, Leila. Leila kinda knows and admits to herself she is gay, but is wondering how to come-out to her parents, given the way their society is. Enter hot, new, sophisticated girl, Saskia who seems to be interested in Leila too. Saskia keeps Leila off-balance by blowing hot and blowing cold. In the meanwhile, suddenly, Leila’s old friend but currently-not-friend cool girl Lisa begins to grow closer to Leila again.

Read the full review @ https://www.bestlesficreviews.com/2019/05/tell-me-again-how-crush-should-feel-by.html