If you think about it, the exterior of your house is first to notice by everyone - your friends, neighbours or potential buyers interested in your property. Often, even a tastefully decorated interior wouldn't be enough to make up for your messy yard, which is why a flawless landscaping design should be presented. Are you in a rush to sell your house? Make a great first impression by improving your landscape with these five tips:
- Address obvious issues - chances are your garden has a few apparent problems you should deal with before buyers visit you. Clutter, weeds and poorly maintained lawn can make your garden look untended, so try to take control over the space before you do anything else. Throw away useless gardening tools lying around the backyard and take your time to eliminate weeds. If possible, get the job done without applying harsh weed killers. After that, mow the lawn perfectly, so that you can ensure a welcoming appearance of your landscape. In case you notice other issues like untrimmed plants or nasty stains on the paved surfaces, deal with them as soon as possible.
- Add lovely colours - but be extra careful not to go overboard. When it comes to your landscape, you can't be certain about the preferences of the new owners. While some people adore colourful gardens, others would prefer a simple design. So, keep it simple. Rely on your imagination to figure out matching colours that are neither too intrusive, nor too plain. This rule concerns not only your plants but the gardening features as well. DIY decorations like old tires or water bottles should be painted in colours that correspond to the overall vision of your property, that's why you need to be reasonable with the colour palette.
- Mulch - are you looking for a cheap, yet effective hack to make your property look appealing? Then using mulch is one of your smartest options. Once you mulch the flowerbeds, you will see a huge difference in your landscape - the space will strike buyers as being fresh and well taken care of. Just keep in mind that going for organic mulch is always a wiser call. You don’t even have to depend on a store-bought solution, since you can prepare mulch on your own – wood chips, straws and leaves are some of the best options you have for DIY mulch.
- Take care of garden features – most people love it when their backyard space benefits from cool landscape additions like water features or cosy garden furniture. If you want to impress buyers with a perfectly arranged garden, make sure garden features are in top condition. A fully functional fountain or a well-maintained kitchen in the open can increase the value of your property, thus letting you sell the house in a flash. Landscaping features have a huge impact on the way buyers see the property, so do your best to preserve the additions in excellent shape.
- Don’t overspend – surely you might feel tempted to transform your landscape into a picture-perfect space, but you don’t have to spend a fortune on the transformation. Making pricey customised changes are unlikely to sell your place fast. On the other hand, a universal vision for your backyard will get you closer to success, which is why overspending is unnecessary. If budget is not an issue for you, invest your money in a fabulous fence, because privacy is what most buyers insist on. With that tip in mind, expensive mature plants or extravagant patio features are investments you don’t have to make to sell your house in no time.
A lovely-looking exterior improves your chances to find reliable buyers for your property. Boost the value of your house by providing a flawless landscape and your efforts will pay off sooner than you expect.