logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Nurse
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-09-25 22:54
Finally
Can't Get You Out of My Bed (Love & Luck #6) - Isla Olsen

This is book #6 in the Love & Luck series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader understanding, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this series in order.

Ben has been in love with Aidan for as long as he can remember.  He is actively trying to move on with his life.  The problems seems to be with the fact that they run into each other.  Have friends in common.

Aidan has been avoiding going home.  He knows if he does he will come eye to eye and body to body with the very man he loves.  The one he can never seem to get over, no matter how far across the world.

This couple was such a joy to read.  A long time coming, this series is heartwarming, sexy, and seriously fun.  These characters are complex and genuine.  I love reading about them and hope to again.  I give this a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

review 2020-05-25 08:17
Reach
Someday, Someday - Emma Scott

Max is quickly burning out on his current job, when a co-worker tells him of a job that may be too good to be true.  He figures what can it hurt to interview?  Then he finds out who is connected to the job.

Silas has been hiding.  His father cannot have him be himself, for fear it will ruin the family name.  Can he impress him and become the next CEO of the family business?

Sweet story with an excellent way of explaining about love over expectation.  Some dark elements, with additiction, and abuse.  I loved that the author had such a new way to make us feel it can be discussed.  I liked that the characters had a sense of self, and were able to show development.  The friendship explored was also a treat to read.  I enjoyed this book and give it a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

show activity (+)
review 2020-04-28 08:10
Release Blitz - Rafe

We are beyond excited to be sharing this release from Sawyer Bennett with you today! RAFE is part of her Arizona Vengeance series and it is releasing as part of 1001 Dark Nights. It just went live today! Check out an excerpt and book trailer from the title below. Click here to grab your copy now.

Purchase your copy of RAFE today!

Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU

About RAFE:

From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Sawyer Bennett comes a new story in her Arizona Vengeance series…

I was living my dream until one phone call changed everything.

As the second line center for the Arizona Vengeance, my mind has been on one thing—helping my team bring home a championship. But that all changed when I found out my dad had cancer and only months to live. In that moment, nothing mattered more than getting home to North Carolina to be by his side. That meant asking for the unthinkable—a trade to the Carolina Cold Fury.

Now I’m home and when I’m not on the ice with my new team, I’m helping care for my dad. And in the midst of my grief, I find comfort from the one person I never expected.

Calliope Ramirez stole my heart at a very young age. The beautiful, smart, headstrong girl next door, she was my first… everything. She has never forgiven me for leaving her, believing that I chose hockey over a future together. What she doesn’t understand is that every decision I made was for her, and I’ve never given up hope that one day we’d be together again.

Watching my dad slip away is a harsh reminder of how short life can be, and having Calliope by my side makes me realize I was a damn fool before. That changes starting right now. Calliope Ramirez is mine and I’m not going to waste the second chance that I’ve been given.

**Every 1001 Dark Nights novella is a standalone story. For new readers, it’s an introduction to an author’s world. And for fans, it’s a bonus book in the author’s series. We hope you'll enjoy each one as much as we do.**

Add RAFE to your Goodreads TBR here!

Purchase your copy of RAFE today!

Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU

Excerpt:

“You look like a fairy sea princess,” I tell her truthfully.

She blinks, waterdrops fall.

I can’t help it... I start laughing.

Immediately, I snap my mouth shut and bite down hard on my tongue. “I’m sorry.”

Calliope blinks again and then her lips part.

I snicker.

Then snort.

Her beautiful eyes narrow on me, and the next thing I know, she’s sending a wave of nasty pond water right at me. It catches me full in the face, hits the back of my throat, and I choke on it. I deserve it.

When I clear my eyes, Calliope is bent over, laughing hysterically, her shoulder dipping down into the water. The sound of her lilting voice is music to my ears, and I don’t want it to stop.

So what’s a guy to do?

I splash a wall of water back at her. She sputters and looks stunned for only a moment before her palms slap at the pond’s surface, and I’m caught full in the face again.

Then it’s on.

We both go at each other, laughing and splashing. Calliope comes up to her knees. She wobbles in the sucking mud but gets better leverage on me. I’m entirely doused by wave after wave. I hold up my arms, trying to protect myself, and suddenly realize I need to go more on the offensive.

I lurch up, lunge at her, and grab her wrists to stop the inundation. She’s laughing so hard she barely has any strength left to fight against me. Her face is flushed despite the chill, and I can’t fucking help myself.

I crash my mouth down on hers, feel her freeze in shock for a moment, and then gobble down the sultry groan that warbles out of her. It heats me to my bones, and then we’re clawing at each other.

Grabbing, fisting clothing, attacking each other with our mouths. My hands make their way back to her face, intent on holding her still so I can consume everything she has to offer.

The kiss is atomic, off-the-charts hot, and filled with so much emotion I don’t know whether she’s coming at me with hate or something else.

Doesn’t matter.

I’m not stopping.

Then something comes over me...a calm that feels like a steadying hand. I slow myself, make an exploring and leisurely swipe of my tongue against hers, and she melts into my body. An arm around her waist, I pull both of us to a standing position, the water lapping at my lower legs. I haul her into me and kiss her with all the regret I’ve been carrying around in my soul for years—a sincere apology.

BOOK TRAILER: https://bit.ly/35axv9X

“Each time I read a new book in this series, I have a new favourite, they just keep getting better and better. This was an entertaining read that I thoroughly enjoyed.” ~ Erin, MI Bookshelf

"Is it weird that I want to give this book a standing ovation? It was just...so perfectly done. So beautifully written and so emotionally fulfilling. It was absolutely everything I was hoping for and my heart is overflowing with feels." ~ Shelly, Bookgasms Book Blog

"This series is by far eclipsing any other I have read by this author. This is the story of Dax and Regan. Brother's best friend, friends to lovers, hockey romance, and just a great read about two people who deserve to be happy together. " ~ Suzi, Obsessive Reading Disorder

“The writing was observantly insightful and sneakily emotive. . . . The storylines were briskly paced, well plotted, written with my favorite dual POV, and kept me continually entertained with a pleasantly engaging romance while also tickling my curiosity as I waited for the looming threat to arise.”—Books and Bindings

“Add together an incredibly sexy story and a swoon-worthy hero with the intensity of a hockey player and you have an absolute winner. Sawyer Bennett has long been an instant one-click author for me, and Erik’s story is a fantastic addition to the Arizona Vengeance series.”—Stacey Lynn, author of Knocked Up

“Forbidden fruit always tastes better! With the kick off of a new hockey series, Sawyer Bennett introduces us to the Arizona Vengeance team and brings us Bishop’s story. The characters are quick to grab attention, and keep us entertained throughout.”—Thoughts of a Blonde

Rafe (Arizona Vengeance, #6.5)Rafe by Sawyer Bennett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book #6.5 in the Arizona Vengeance series. This book should be read in conjunction with the authors Cold Fury series to fully enjoy. It is not required, obviously, but will make the understanding easier. It will also stop any spoilers that could occur.

Rafe comes home to Raleigh under the most dire of circumstances. His father is dying and there is nothing he can do about it except be there. He chooses to move himself to be with family. While there he meets back up with the love of his life, Calliope.

Calliope has not been waiting for Rafe. He hurt her so badly the last time they were together that she believes there is no going back. While watching his family slowly fall apart while holding it all together simultaneously, she realizes she did miss him.

Not as long a story as we may be used to. However, this book packs a mighty punch. Both emotionally, and characteristically. These are solid MC's with a clear history who love one another. I enjoyed reading this. Even with the dark story theme, it was still one of the best this author has to offer. She shines when the subjects are those that seem difficult.

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review made up solely of my opinion.

About SAWYER BENNETT:

Since the release of her debut contemporary romance novel, Off Sides, in January 2013, Sawyer Bennett has released multiple books, many of which have appeared on the New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestseller lists. A reformed trial lawyer from North Carolina, Sawyer uses real life experience to create relatable, sexy stories that appeal to a wide array of readers. From new adult to erotic contemporary romance, Sawyer writes something for just about everyone. Sawyer likes her Bloody Marys strong, her martinis dirty, and her heroes a combination of the two. When not bringing fictional romance to life, Sawyer is a chauffeur, stylist, chef, maid, and personal assistant to a very active daughter, as well as full-time servant to her adorably naughty dogs. She believes in the good of others, and that a bad day can be cured with a great work-out, cake, or even better, both. Sawyer also writes general and women’s fiction under the pen name S. Bennett and sweet romance under the name Juliette Poe.

Connect With Her:

Website | Facebook | Instagram | Goodreads | Twitter | Bookbub

show activity (+)
review 2020-04-26 01:55
Nurse Afloat ★★★☆☆
Nurse Afloat - Jane Marnay

This 1959 Harlequin Romance is pretty much what I expected, but I unexpectedly liked it. It was silly, and at less than 200 pages required continuous infodumps, and had typos on every other page, but I was charmed by the characters and the time period and the plot.

Maybe I was just in the right mood for it.

Vintage paperback, bought at Half Price Books as part of a $5 mystery bundle.

review 2020-04-08 14:56
 Dagger (Vegas MMA) - S.L. Sterling

Got to love me some Dagger! I loved the story as it was heart felt and one that tugged on one's heart strings.The story had really great characters Dagger aka Derrick was a MMA fight that was rough and tough on the outside but, we found him to be a big softie at heart on the inside.We loved no matter how bruised and battered and in pain he was he always retained his sense of humor and that sexy smile of his was panty melting and he left a many broken hearts in his wake.

Katy was one of those character you first meet and she seems a bit standoffish and unapproachable but, once you get to know the real her below the protective armor she is a sweet and kind and a loving soul who has been battered and bruised and abused by her ex and she is just trying to survive day by day.

We loved the chemistry this couple had and the easy friendship that turned into so much more.The story had a bit of intrigue and suspense and personal struggles for both characters who were both surviving in the only way they new how.

Overall this was a real good story with love-able characters that found love in the mist of the chaos that their lives were currently at at this particular moment in time and we loved how Katy woes although, were not the same as Daggers he could in some way relate to the things she was currently going through as he had a crazy ex himself and we loved how they easily bonded over crazy ex's and after everything Katy has be through Daggers size and job alone should make her run for the hills but, it did the exact opposite it made her feel safe,cherished and protected. I think this new series got off to a real great with Katy and Daggers story and we are looking forward to the next book in the series to come.

PS - Everyone should have a Dagger in their corner....