All peddlers of the sweet and the good.
Go to my Pinterest Board Rise Sweet for more Eye Candy and Book Recs.
My favorite food is cake and that is in rough and tumble competition with bread. I have mad pie making skills. I hate cooking. It is too useful.
Here are some of my favorite romance novels with sugar, yeast, chocolate, flour, frosting and all the other good things in life. My apologies to the gluten intolerant.
In no particular order as usual!
8. Howl for It by Shelly Laurenston Pie! Pie! and Wolf Shifters!
I did a ton of obsessive research for this list. It was so awful. Not. I tried to find all the romance novels in existence with this theme. I am sure I haven't but here are some I have not read yet that look very good. So, I had to break my one click finger not buy them RIGHT NOW basically...
7. Sleeping With The Entity by Cat Devon Heavenly Cupcakes and Vampires
9. The Matchmaker by Lisa Plumley Molly Crabtree and her bakery
Did I miss your favorite? Gimme! Gimme!
I made a massive Pinterest Board, Best Bakers, Pastry Chefs, and Chocolates in Romance, to go with this post. You must check it out! Not only is there even more romances with this theme but the best Bakers, Pastry Chefs, Cake Artists, Chocolates, and more sweet makers around the world are pictured there. Maybe one of them is near you! And you can, you know, eat.
Also, there are some really, really, really, divine looking ladies and fellas in this profession.
I am not usually so shallow but in some cases I gulped and had to put my tongue back in when I saw some of these photos as I looked for images of the best of the best in the sweet arts.
Here are some names:
1. Jean-Christophe Novelli, Tea Green in Hertfordshire, Novelli Academy
2. Ruby Tandoh, Great British Bake Off
3. Chad Roberstson, San Fransico's Tartine Bakery & Cafe
4. Phoebe Lawless, Scratch, Durham, North Carolina
5. Jonathan Day, 'El pan de la chola', Lima, Peru
6. Lorraine Pascale, The TV chef and cookery writer
7. Kyle McKinney, Barley Swine, Austin, Texas
8. Sally Comacho, WP24 in Los Angeles
9.Thiago Silva, Catch in New York City
10. Kir Jensen of Sugar Cube in Portland, Oregon.