logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Sara-Ney
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-06-28 00:53
Departed: David and Sara (Cliffside Bay #10) by: Tess Thompson
Departed: David and Sara (Cliffside Bay #10) - Tess Thompson

Departed: David and Sara by Tess Thompson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

From the first teardrop to the last goodbye Cliffside Bay has laid claim to every little piece of my heart. Thompson uses heartbreakingly real scenarios as a reminder of just how strong a heart can be. Departed continues that legacy of hope and courage. Through the ghosts of pain and the loss of hope, two grieving strangers find the strength to step out of the heartache and into the healing power of love. KLEENEX IS A MUST! After all every heart deserve a good cry. It helps refresh the soul.

review 2020-06-14 05:37
Hard Pass (Trophy Boyfriends) by: Sara Ney
Hard Pass (Trophy Boyfriends) - Sara Ney

Hard Pass by Sara Ney

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ney may have just outdone herself. Hard Pass packs a sober reality into an irresistible sense of humor with heartwarming results. Noah is not your average heartthrob. He's one heartache short of insecure. My heart aches for him as surely as it roots for him. Miranda is his beautiful savior. She sees beyond the camouflage and into the heart of the man. Hard Pass puts the heart on notice with a captivating delivery of an important life lesson. In life and love the greatest beauty comes from within.

review 2020-06-09 15:34
Water for Elephants
Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen

by Sarah Gruen

This was an amazing story.

I love realistic stories about the circus or carnivals and I learned from the author's note at the end that this was very well researched in a historian sense. It rang mostly true and some of the incidents were taken from events that really happened somewhere in circus history.

My only niggle is that it was written in present tense. I'm not going to dock it a star for that as I usually do because it was done well and sometimes I could forget to notice, but it still would have been better in past tense.

The depiction of the rough edges of depression era train circus life was very immersive and I actually read most of the book into the night because I didn't want to stop. That's a sign of a well written story!

Without giving anything away, I particularly liked the way it finished. I mean the story itself, before getting to the notes. The decision made by Jacob, the main protagonist, left me with a smile on my face. Characters were strong throughout the story, human or otherwise.

There were definitely some animal antics that made me laugh, especially the elephant. There were other emotions too, some not so pleasant, especially with the knowledge that animals weren't cared for as they should have been in those days, but it's far in the past now and I could enjoy the story as a nostalgic record of a time that happened long before I was born.

review 2020-04-15 15:37
RELEASE BLITZ & REVIEW - Handsome Death by Sara Dobie Bauer
Handsome Death - Sara Dobie Bauer

@Archaeolibrary, @saradobie, @gaybookpromo, #MM, #Dark, #Contemporary, #Paranormal, #Romance, 4 out of 5 (very good)

Handsome Death is a standalone paranormal romance. In a world where vampires, werewolves, and witches (to name just three) are known about and regulated. Ethan is a vampire mercenary, happy to be alone and lurking in the shadows. Tris is a human, with many friends and, although not so happy in the limelight, still doesn't want to be in the dark.

Although there are some sexy times from the start, this book is a slow-burner. It takes time for Ethan to realise that his obsession with Tris is more than just lust. We see Ethan change as his heart opens to Tris, and we see Tris change as his self-confidence grows. The way Tris stood up to his ex is one of the best scenes in the book, in my opinion.

With snark and humour and no unnecessary dramatics, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The characters are delightful and the world-building is just enough. I would love to return to this world and read some of the other characters' stories. Absolutely recommended by me.

* A copy of this book was provided to me with no requirements for a review. I voluntarily read this book, and the comments here are my honest opinion. *

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Source: archaeolibrarian.wixsite.com/website/post/handsome-death-by-sara-dobie-bauer
review SPOILER ALERT! 2020-04-14 08:26
Book Review : Handsome Death Sara Dobie bauer
Handsome Death - Sara Dobie Bauer

April 11-14

I'm not hunting him; I'm protecting him.
At least, that's what I tell myself.
In New York City, a beautiful creature like Tristan Clement should not be walking the streets alone, and I'm the perfect vampire to watch his back.
But what if keeping him safe isn't enough anymore? What if I want to touch? And taste?
I need him. But I've never needed anyone.

---------------

In a world where paranormal creatures live amongst us and must follow certain laws, living life as a dangerous loner works for vampire Ethan. Inhabiting his gleaming apartment, wearing his designer suits, jetting around the world as a fanged killer-for-hire, Ethan does it all alone.

That is, until he literally runs into Tristan. Tristan, who is clearly trouble wrapped in skinny jeans and an oversized sweater. Tristan, with his shock of angelic blond curls. Tristan, who plays piano more beautifully than the old masters-- and Ethan would know; he saw Beethoven.

Tristan is gorgeous, a little sassy, and irresistible. Also, Ethan is horrified to note, Tristan has no idea how incredibly tempting he is to things that go bump in the night.

Overcome by the urge to keep Tristan safe, Ethan begins to... well, stalk is such a strong word. What starts as an obsession quickly becomes something more, something that Ethan needs. And to his surprise, Tristan seems to need him, too...

This darkly romantic tale delivers steamy passion and a happily ever after. Be advised that Handsome Death includes explicit m/m content, stalking, mentions of past abuse, and graphic violence.

Review: This book was so enjoyable this is a vampire male male romance and I loved it . This is about Tris and Ethan in a world where vampires and Humans coexist. Ethan likes Tris a human and starts stalking him . They end up talking and Ethan gets to know him that Tris is in school for music . Ethan is a hired killer to kill bad people. Tris and Ethan start hooking up and Ethan loves Tris but doesn't want to admit it so he ends it . But then something bad happens Tris gets stabbed and Ethan turns Tris to a vampire . They are happy Ethan shows how much he loves Tris how much he matters to him since Tris was once in an abusive relationship with a dick who tried to make Tris feel small. Tris and Ethan run into the man who tried to kill Ethan and they turn him in . And the guy is going to serve his time Ethan is considering joining the force . Ethan wants to make friends with some vampires so they go to a blood club where Ethan and Tris run into Robert the abusive asshole and Tris makes him apologize to him. Then this vampire hits on Ethan and Tris pushes him away from Ethan . Then three years later they are engaged and they are both happy Ethan is captain in police and Tris is a piano player I enjoyed this book a lot it was a fun book very dark and sexy.

Quotes :
We also have reflections (thank God; how would I do my hair?) and can be seen on camera.

“I do love you,” I whisper. “And I haven’t loved anyone in a long, long time

I’m turning Tris into a vampire right here, right now,

Maybe we don’t know we’re missing something until we find it.