logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: The-Battle-of-the-Labyrinth
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-08-15 19:19
Die Schlacht um das Labyrinth // The Battle of the Labyrinth
Percy Jackson, Band 4: Percy Jackson - Die Schlacht um das Labyrinth - Rick Riordan

german and english review (spoilerfree)

Inhalt: Die Armee des Kronos wird immer stärker! Nun ist auch Camp Half-Blood nicht mehr vor ihr sicher, denn das magische Labyrinth des Dädalus hat einen geheimen Ausgang mitten im Camp. Nicht auszudenken, was passiert, wenn der Titan und seine Verbündeten den Weg dorthin finden! Percy und seine Freunde müssen das unbedingt verhindern. Unerschrocken treten sie eine Reise ins Unbekannte an, hinunter in das unterirdische Labyrinth, das ständig seine Form verändert. Und hinter jeder Biegung lauern neue Gefahren ...

Meine Bewertung: Einfach wieder schön!!!

Dieser Band hatte wieder genau das was ich so an den Büchern liebe, viele Interaktionen mit Göttern, ob sie positiv sind oder nicht, und großartige, gefährliche Abenteuer.

Tyson war wieder im Band, ich kann von ihm ja nicht genug kriegen. Es war wirklich auch super Nico's Entwicklung durch die Geschichte zu verfolgen. Er ist einfach trotz allem ein Charakter der mir total ans Herz gewaschen ist, auch wenn er es einem manchmal wirklich schwer macht. Und Rachel natürlich, ich fand es super wie sie in dem Band eine große Hilfe war.

Alles in allem mochte ich den Teil wirklich sehr, er hat nur nicht immer meine Aufmerksamkeit gehalten und ich habe immer eher zu anderen Büchern gegriffen. Ooops. Außerdem mochte ich die Spannungen zwischen Annabeth und Rachel einfach nicht. Mädels!!!! (Oder besser gesagt Annabeth.)

***

Summary: Percy Jackson isn't expecting freshman orientation to be any fun. But when a mysterious mortal acquaintance appears at his potential new school, followed by demon cheerleaders, things quickly move from bad to worse.

In this fourth installment of the blockbuster series, time is running out as war between the Olympians and the evil Titan lord Kronos draws near. Even the safe haven of Camp Half-Blood grows more vulnerable by the minute as Kronos's army prepares to invade its once impenetrable borders. To stop the invasion, Percy and his demigod friends must set out on a quest through the Labyrinth - a sprawling underground world with stunning surprises at every turn.

My review: Just wonderful!!!

This book was once again filled with everything that I love so much about this whole series, lots of interactions with gods, positive and not so great ones, and great, dangerous adventures.

Tyson was in this book and I can't get enough of him. It was also great to see Nico's growth trhoughout the story. He ist just a character that is really close to my heart, still, even though he doesn't always make it easy. And Rachel of course, I just love what a huge help she was in the book.

All in all, I truly enjoyed this book a lot, it just didn't hold my attention enough, I kept reaching for other books instead. Ooops. I also didn't like the tension between Annabeth and Rachel. GIRLS!!!! (Or well, just Annabeth.)

<!-- Used for easily cloning the properly namespaced rect -->
review 2017-06-23 03:59
Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth
The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan

In lieu of a proper review (which I just haven’t felt like doing lately), I present to you a Percy Jackson Checklist:

☑ Monsters show up at school; shenanigans ensue.

☑ A quest is given; Percy’s participation is crucial.

☑ Other characters have to school Percy on Greek mythology because apparently he can’t be arsed learning all this stuff his life might depend on him knowing.

☑ Token mentions of ADHD.

☑ Annabeth is conflicted and angsty.

☑ Luke is conflicted and sad/angry (sangry?).

☑ Kronos is six steps ahead of everyone.

I could probably keep going and expand this into a Percy Jackson Bingo Card. But, much like Percy learning Greek mythology, I can’t be arsed.

I wasn’t thrilled with the advent of the love triangle (square . . . ish?) in this book, even though it meant Percy finally got a love interest not related to him. I will not be fooled into thinking that Percy will end up with anyone other than Annabeth, his first cousin once removed. Bleh. I’m still enjoying the series overall, but this kissing cousins thing does dampen my enthusiasm a bit. I should’ve kept reading this series as it came out. You know, before I realized pretty much everyone at Camp Half-Blood is related to each other.

review 2016-10-18 02:32
The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan

Annabeth was pretty annoying in this one, in my opinion. I like Rachel and that she was given a bigger role and I liked Calypso's part as well. That was interesting. There was also a jab at the use of standardized tests that i enjoyed. Part of me felt that it was a bit out of place and took me out of the story a little bit, but i did think it was funny.

Other than that, nothing really stuck out to me.

You know what i'm going to say. It was enjoyable enough; i probably won't read it again.

*Reviewed on August 9, 2014.*

show activity (+)
review 2016-07-25 08:31
Review: Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #4) by Rick Riordan

Goodreads summary:

This summary has some spoilers in it from the previous books, so that's why I'm not showing it to you guys.

My opinion:

While reading it I had a feeling between liking it and really liking it, but I wasn't obsessed. It took me more than ten days to read a book that only has 360 pages, so that says something. This is why I give this novel 3,5 stars. I still really appreciate this series and recommend it. I cant't say much more because it'll spoil the previous books too. If you like Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, I'm sure you'll like this book in this series too. Unfortunately that was/is my least favorite book (I still like all Harry Potter books, of course, but I've never been a fan of tournaments and sports events), because there were quite a few elements that were similar.

What is your opinion about this book?

review 2016-03-15 02:28
Another book another quest
The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan

Yes. The fourth book for the Percy Jackson adventure.

There is a threat. The bad guys are after Percy. He went back to the half blood camp and the new quest is formulated and begin the next adventure.

It is a bit formulated. But then this is for young children who lives are separated into intervals between schools and summer holidays.

So it is more suitable for them. As adults do like simple thing that is predictable yet with a bit of good storytelling. So this is just good for a fast read.

This is the 4th and I got the 5th and final one already in the series.

Start with a 4 stars first as I'm only 40% into the book.

70% finished.

And the part that Percy discovered his power is kind of cool.

The part he got some romantic idea is not so good. Percy sound so clueless when it comes to having feeling for a person that is beyond friendship. This is just not convincing.

Or is it too long ago that I forgot how teenagers act.

One, Annabelle kiss him.

Two. Another girl kiss him on the forehead.

And Percy has "no reaction". Not like "oh my gosh it feel weird to be kissed"?

Percy reaction is, stand there and not able to move. But more important thing comes along and he has to do that other thing.

Seriously. I would except that he talks about it or at least try to find the chance to talk about this with the kiss planner first.